Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s gone from being all about Spurs to all about Sammy. His two favourite words are ‘I’ and ‘people’. I really don’t like this version and he’s started lying about other posters - he never used to do that.
Yes he did, he always has.

Maybe not to you, but to plenty others. Inventing arguments they never once made and then railing against this straw man. In recent times it has been "You who were wanking off over Jack Grealish...", "You who wanted us to spunk 100 million on Saha". Honestly, there are countless examples. In my case it was "You who want to hound Daniel Levy out of the club" when I'd never said any such thing.

Beyond that, and casting a wider net, one change that the message board/social media age has brought it seems to me is that some people almost seem to support themselves on the internet more than their team if you know what I mean. Where hammering into a keyboard 16 hours a day, 7 days a week becomes more important than enjoying watching us play, even, god forbid, going to the odd game

Google "manchester united"
Manchester United - Google Search
When the menu comes up

Click players..

Look at Maguire!!

:mourhandlaugh:
gettyimages-1141503005-1024x576.jpg

So true. TV watchers think they’re seeing the whole game, but they’re not. There was a massive argument on here a few years back about ‘live’ vs TV and I was astonished at the amount of people who thought TV was the superior viewing platform (I suspect from folks who’d never attended a game).

TV is great for replays and seeing what really happened in the important moments in a game. Amount of times I get messages from my sister during a Sky game saying that was a penalty, not a foul etc.

But TV really doesn’t give a good indication of the speed/intensity of the game and all the positional play and off the ball work (as someone else has mentioned).
It’s why I prefer a slightly higher view at the ground. Can really see the game play out in front of you that pitch level you struggle with.

So don’t want to offend people who don’t / can’t go to games but you really can’t compare that to watching a game at the stadium in real time.
It’s why journalists / commentators go to games rather than just putting the TV on.

I could be wrong, but this will be a matter of who scores more. Having said that, it's still one of the worst team they had in years, so I won't be content with a draw.

I never thought about the ‘who scores more’ rule
You could be on to something

:dierpochhug:

Damn was looking forward to this one all week but my girlfriends ripped her cornea and it’s looking likely I’ll miss it. Wish she would have thought about how I feel before she went and did that.

That’s one of the reasons I rarely post in match threads. I don’t know about others, but I can’t watch the game, read the thread and type responses. Perhaps that’s why we all see a different game?
Me too, I gave that shit up a few years back now.

*insert name of player you don't like here* mishits pass after five minutes. ¡¡¡Fucking *insert name of player you don't like here*!!!

Damn was looking forward to this one all week but my girlfriends ripped her cornea and it’s looking likely I’ll miss it. Wish she would have thought about how I feel before she went and did that.

Do you use her eyes to watch football ?

only joking mate , hope she’s ok & I look forward to her photo

Not one person on here agreed when I said our squad was the second best in the PL.
Not one person here agreed that we were even the 3rd best squad.

You were all too busy tugging off Liverpool.

Now answer me this.
If all of a sudden, nobody thought all our rivals had better squads, which squads are are we now better than?

And if we have a better squad than, say, Woolwich, chelsea and Utd......all of a sudden......then can you explain how Levy has neglected it, and shat all over the former manager?

One person here backed this squad. Me
I said the only player I’d have out was Eriksen and have a thread to prove it. Most of you ran away from that thread.

Please have enough integrity to stay off the bandwagon.
Honestly just get a fucking grip man, you’ve ruined this forum for well over a week. Get over yourself and try to actually contribute.

Back
Top Bottom