Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
Next time we play in the league we might have Madders back and these guys coming back today will be much fitter. We have a two week break now, pretty much.

Only saw the second half. Not a bad result, the left flank died a death when Werner went off, showed he's a massive upgrade on Gil. Johnson is someone I have defended, but he was absolutely shit. Everyone else looked pretty good, be nice to get another centre mid in and then Bissouma and Sarr back.

Even with all that said, Maddison alone being back would have won us that game, from what I saw anyway.

Want to be kind towards Werner, too. He's barely been able to train/gel with the squad yet so today's performance shouldn't have too much read into it. Definitely grafted and as others have said, we looked worse for bringing Gil on in his place.

With a bit more time to bed in (hello, two week break) and our most creative players back in to provide service for him, we'll see what he's about.

Johnson has Talent no doubt about it but he just seems so timid , I am not writing him off yet but it’s a worry , I just want to see him stronger and not pull away from a challenge.

We are a very close to being a top team. Very very close. I love watching us.
Even with that fucking massive injury list. Fucking Robbie savage last night mocked a city fan by claiming they played Newcastle reserves who as far as I know played Thier best team (minus joelinton). Who do I have to suck off for us sours to get some respect? Please don't say Bazali Bazali 🤣🤣🤣

Disappointed with a draw against a shit team, it's when not if for Ten Haag.
Should be winning this, having said that so many creative players out makes it difficult.
Richarlison, Skipp and PEH quality. Bentancur best player on the pitch. Lots of positives, the worry for me is BJ.

Disappointed the youngsters never got a look in and yet Hojbjerg and Skipp played so many minutes. Even Johnson could have been off for Santiago at least. I guess that's the pragmatic side of Ange and he hasn't seen the youngsters deserving any more minutes still.

I'll take that point. We played much better than I thought and completely controlled most of the match - especially when Cuti got his shit together second half.

Should have won but missing our Match Winners up top you have to just be happy with the performance and hope we get Madders back for City.

COYS!

11 players out in total.
Our 3 starting central midfielders all out.
Centre back pairings first game back from injury.
Top goalscorer missing.

And we were the better team. Nice rest now. Get the likes of Maddisons back and Solomon to add a different option off the bench and we end this season strong.

With all our absentees, that was a hell of a team performance from this group! I'll take the draw. Full strength we would have pumped these fools
Still feel they were there for the taking but we just lacked a bit of enterprise, bit of belief. Feel we respected them a bit too much.

But yeah at least we didn't lose it.

Onwards & upwards.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom