Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
For all those depressives posting about our midfield, is the line up a shock to you? Did you think we’d play Xavier and Iniesta today?

We’ve known for a long time that we’d have a second string midfield today. In fact, a couple of weeks ago we didn’t even think we’d have Bents in there.

Shocked, or moaning about a thing just because?

Suffering fuck.

If we win with that matchday squad it's a miracle, let's be honest, but one thing we can rely on is that everyone knows the system regardless of their ability. I trust Ange and the system enough to know we still have a chance.

For all those depressives posting about our midfield, is the line up a shock to you? Did you think we’d play Xavier and Iniesta today?

We’ve known for a long time that we’d have a second string midfield today. In fact, a couple of weeks ago we didn’t even think we’d have Bents in there.

Shocked, or moaning about a thing just because?
It's the lack of Kulu that suddenly changes it. Skipp and Hojberg with no viable alternative on the bench does not bode well.

agree. he looks far more competent physically to.
Shame if we are going to sacrifice the midfield I’d rather give someone like donley to play. But hey ho let’s see may be skipp can put in a stellar performance. I’d say with all the players out this ought to be his last chance. Ange cannot keep picking him if he offers nothing again and has try one of the youngsters. He needs to show up today as a spurs boy. No running around aimlessly and trudging back.

Had a bad feeling about this match before the Kulu news. At some point our inability to have settled midfield has to have an effect. We saw a bit of it in the Brighton game but our points tally overall has been incredible given the constant changing of players

I hope Bentacur is free’d up to get forward as an 8
Yeah I don't like PEH there usually but with our first choice CB I feel better. He does have a decent range of passing.

Skipp has legs and a willing runner for 8, Bentancur is the most technically sound and more creative for 8/10 role.

We’re starved of any creativity from our side but that’s a suspect defense on theirs. We should have the pace and enough to make life difficult for them. I wasn’t super confident before but less so now.

Looking forward to seeing how Werner shapes up.

Johnson needs to step up today. Need to see more off the ball from him.
Johnson is 22, cost £50M, established PL/EPL player he has to grow a pair! No meek shite.
Same with skipp is now 23/34 I think his been around for ages. He really needs to step up and prove his worth squad / team place.

Back
Top Bottom