Man City v Tottenham - September 10th - 17:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Aston Villa got close enough to beating Haaland-era City to show us that it is possible.

I think Conte will prefer tried and tested Davies over Lenglet in defence and, with all the running involved when playing City, he will probably want a younger pair of legs at LWB so I think Sessegnon will get the nod here.
Sess will shit the bed against a big team, looks okay against the Fulham’s and Southamptons . Not a big game player

Unofficial forum etiquette must be observed. Buddy.

Pop Popcorn GIF by SkinnyPop

We got a free shot at this now because of our good start.

Richarlison would be very good in this, so I think we will get an indication of who.starts based on who plays on Wednesday.

My money is Son on Wednesday and Richarlison on Saturday.

Think the wider team for Wedneday will also talk of Saturday's line-up.

For sure though Guerdiola will expect a tough match, Haaland or no Haaland.

I am prepared for a barrage of disagrees here but after this weekends results, even a loss wouldn't be the end of the world.

Though I think we could definitely get something from this. Conte seems to have Guardiolas number and they are very vulnerable at the back. They, like always, will be a nightmare going forward and we'll have to be aggressive when defending but there's no reason to think we can't go there and get something, especially with our attack.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Hojbjerg - Bentancur - Perisic
Richarlison - Kane - Son
I think he'll go with this. Its harsh on Kulusevski, who I think should he starting over Son. Id also like to see Lenglet get a good run of games under his belt too though maybe he feels he needs trusted players in for this one and not many come more trusted than Davies.

1-1
Son with our goal.

I highly doubt you’ll get many disagrees at all for saying a lost away to City wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Unless we got absolutely battered..

Are you being sarcastic? There is a world of difference between playing Fulham and playing city.
No, I'm not being sarcastic. We've got a pretty good record against City in recent seasons, and it did seem like our team gelled properly against Fulham.

Are you being serious that City won't be concerned about playing us or do you agree with me that they will be?

Richy and Kulu should start.
Son must be given easier opponents to find form
Insane. Son was v good yesterday and historically is probably the player Man City struggle against the most. Would be managerial malpractice to bench him against City.

Sess will shit the bed against a big team, looks okay against the Fulham’s and Southamptons . Not a big game player
Not sure about that. Poor vs Chelsea.. who wasn't in that first half? Good in both games vs Liverpool last season. Very good in the NLD, didn't give Saka a sniff. Good in the 3-2 vs City. Contributed to goals in several of those games.

No, I'm not being sarcastic. We've got a pretty good record against City in recent seasons, and it did seem like our team gelled properly against Fulham.

Are you being serious that City won't be concerned about playing us or do you agree with me that they will be?
They will be concerned but not because they watched the Fulham game.

Didn't see the whole game, but he looked pretty ropey yesterday.

I thought he was solid & better than Dias who is hugely overrated.

Walker is the problem for City. Been unreal defensively over the last few seasons but he looks to have lost some of his pace, which he’s always used as a crutch.

I thought he was solid & better than Dias who is hugely overrated.

Walker is the problem for City. Been unreal defensively over the last few seasons but he looks to have lost some of his pace, which he’s always used as a crutch.

That day was always gonna come for Walker...... Sadly, they're gonna inevitably get in the way of us scoring our 'dream' RWB (even in the fantasy world where James becomes available; we wouldn't get a sniff).

Agree about Diaz... Never been completely convinced. Absolutely disgusting he was given POTY ahead of Kane in 20/21.

No coincidence they've been get-able since Kompany retired tho' (What a player! ....That generation of Belgian CBs, FFS!?!?!?).

Back
Top Bottom