Man City v Tottenham - September 10th - 17:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm boycotting this thread until after Wednesday, not the done thing to have a match thread for a game where we have another match to navigate before this one takes place!
Pól Pól
Uh Oh No GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Their injuries at the back give us a real chance.

Stones is hopeless and Walker went off injured yesterday

As Arnie said in predator: If it bleeds we can kill it! (. Naru also says it in Prey.(for the film nerds) .)
They are letting in goals all over the shop so we can definitely get them. Var has bailed them out in the last two games.
Fuck the draw, go for the win!

As Arnie said in predator: If it bleeds we can kill it! (. Naru also says it in Prey.(for the film nerds) .)
They are letting in goals all over the shop so we can definitely get them. Var has bailed them out in the last two games.
Fuck the draw, go for the win!

And with Romero playing.......someone definitely will be left bleeding

Evil Eye No GIF

Wouldn’t be adverse to Lenglet, Perisic, Kane & Hojbjerg starting Wednesday but being swapped out for Davies, Sessegnon, Richarlison & Bissouma in this one.
Need to be rotating and managing minutes.

Bissouma having to man Haaland like he did Kane last year.

Controversial as it sounds, have Kane as a bench option to come on ans completely change it up on 60-70 mins. No way it will happen but after last year I’d imagine Pep will spend all week preparing to counteract Kane, so a front 3 of Kulu, Richie & Son would completely throw them.

I am prepared for a barrage of disagrees here but after this weekends results, even a loss wouldn't be the end of the world.

Though I think we could definitely get something from this. Conte seems to have Guardiolas number and they are very vulnerable at the back. They, like always, will be a nightmare going forward and we'll have to be aggressive when defending but there's no reason to think we can't go there and get something, especially with our attack.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Hojbjerg - Bentancur - Perisic
Richarlison - Kane - Son
I think he'll go with this. Its harsh on Kulusevski, who I think should he starting over Son. Id also like to see Lenglet get a good run of games under his belt too though maybe he feels he needs trusted players in for this one and not many come more trusted than Davies.

1-1
Son with our goal.

I think Aston Villa got close enough to beating Haaland-era City to show us that it is possible.

I think Conte will prefer tried and tested Davies over Lenglet in defence and, with all the running involved when playing City, he will probably want a younger pair of legs at LWB so I think Sessegnon will get the nod here.

Wouldn’t be adverse to Lenglet, Perisic, Kane & Hojbjerg starting Wednesday but being swapped out for Davies, Sessegnon, Richarlison & Bissouma in this one.
Need to be rotating and managing minutes.

Bissouma having to man Haaland like he did Kane last year.

Controversial as it sounds, have Kane as a bench option to come on ans completely change it up on 60-70 mins. No way it will happen but after last year I’d imagine Pep will spend all week preparing to counteract Kane, so a front 3 of Kulu, Richie & Son would completely throw them.
Throw them?.....it would throw us as well....🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom