Man City v TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR; Saturday 19th February; KO 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah,

We were brilliant on the counter and solid in defence. That's how one plays against City to earn a result.

We don't have the cattle to go with City toe to toe.

Lets not forget their 2 goals came from a.) an error by our Captain and b.) an unfortunate handball.

We also had a brilliant goal disallowed. ( rightfully so ).

Like Mou once said " they can go home with the ball as long as we get 3 points".
Reason he’s not here is because that is not the Spurs way. We don’t park the bus and play counter attack. We simply attack.

We dare to do. We’re not cowards.

It can be hard to stomach, when we’re pegged back to this extent and the possession is something like 10/90, but it’s not so much about being cowards but that we just don’t have the playing quality, in midfield and defence, to deliver that kind of attacking effectiveness. I was hoping for Tanguy to be one of the keys to unlock this, but we know where that story’s gone, and we need better wingbacks or fullbacks to provide credible width.

It can be hard to stomach, when we’re pegged back to this extent and the possession is something like 10/90, but it’s not so much about being cowards but that we just don’t have the playing quality, in midfield and defence, to deliver that kind of attacking effectiveness. I was hoping for Tanguy to be one of the keys to unlock this, but we know where that story’s gone, and we need better wingbacks or fullbacks to provide credible width.
Even if we had the playing quality in midfield, like VDV, Modric, Parker, Bale, we somehow couldn't get a good result.
Still couldn't forget that Balotelli stamps on Parker and then eventually scored the match winner penalty kick for them.

Funny thing is commentators have been banging on about this stat approaching for about a year. But today as it happened they didn’t mention it that i recall.

It means they actually have to give Spurs some credit. It's not something they like to do. Souness being a prime example. In war, it's even more of an achievement if "The weaker" side overcomes the stronger. Last night was David vs Goliath. Conté proved his brilliance. And 'The Boys' gave a performance we cannot expect every week.

Son and Kane go down as the best Premier League partnership ever. No one can deny them. Best of all, is that they still have a Good 3-4 seasons together. They are 'The Lionel Messi' of strike Partnerships.

2 behind Henry in the charts now.

12 more to overtake Aguero and become the highest scorer for a single club.

He could do both this season.

Edit. Wrong thread. Point stands.

Last edited:
Reason he’s not here is because that is not the Spurs way. We don’t park the bus and play counter attack. We simply attack.

Last night proved totally the opposite. Our Bus was parked solid. No one was moving that. Levy and Co trying to push the DNA bullshit need to know they will be called out on their bullshit. Conté played exactly as Jose did. No different to our 2-0 victory under Jose.

On my 50th birthday ten years ago we had a party, one of my best mates who lives in the next village is an old school United fan. When he arrived he was with his cousin who I didn't know, he turned out to be old school City.

Instead of wishing me a happy birthday he laid into me with all the reasons why he hated Spurs, starting with 81, then the quarter final at Maine Road when we dicked them 1-4, there was more.

It's bizarre the hatred we get from other team's fans, it really is

The best bit is, he was probably replaying all those games in his head getting ready to meet you, so he could have the conversation. I love how we get under their skin.

Back
Top Bottom