Man City v Spurs - PL Sat 13th Feb 17:30 GMT - Live on Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hope we win the league cup. Kane deserves to leave with a cup. Poor guy.

He could be nearing the point. If City come in for him, or PSG or Munich it could be..

If Guardiola wants him.and makes a big play of it he is gone unless we win the League Cup and find some form.

He is part of the group but miggt just be sick of it.

In saying that I think the same applies to Mane and Salah so watch this space.

I think people mean that since Poch had been getting us in the top 4 almost everywhere, then he should have been given time to turn it around. To be fair , still too early to sack Jose too. Hes got us to a final, he stays in charge of it.
So because he managed to beat Brentford in early January, he gets to stay in charge until late April? Lunacy.

And 12 points off 4th before Jose as opposed to 4pts off 4th tonight

That makes it alright then.

Potentially 9th place by the end of the today. 5 losses in our last 6 games. Knocked out of the FA Cup by conceding 5 goals. 12 points in our last 12 league games.

But as we are better off after 24 games this season than we were after 12 games last season. Awesome!

Well, yes and no. I'd argue that Pep has actually underperformed in recent years given the squad he has. Should have won more, and should have won the league for the last few years by a mile.

Anyway, given that this thread is about tonight's game, I fear you are missing my point - tonight, Man City did to Spurs what they have done to most teams, including Klopp's Liverpool last weekend. Surely we never expected to compete with Man City this season - I'm delighted that we have 3 points against them from the home game. We shouldn't judge Spurs / Jose on tonight, we should judge on recent games (generally atrocious, with recent glimmers of hope) and future games.
Don't worry, I expected absolutely nothing from tonight.

But it does reiterate the hopeless performances are a norm.

Don't give me that. If you lose having a go then you can say look it's man city. We just let them play second half. Absolutely no belief we would get back into it. At 1 or 2
Bollocks - no one knows how to play against them, as they're too good. A couple of sides have got lucky or caught them on an off day. Generally any side naive enough to say "we'll go toe to toe with them and play football" have been battered.

4pts off top 4 and 8th

Poch was sacked “too early” for being 14th and 5pts off 6th. In his 6th year
Jose have you got any memorabilia I could auction for charity. Might as well sell all your old shit now,.You are so fucking useless it isn’t worth much now, and in two games time you will have to pay people to take your shit

I need to distance myself from everything at this club right now. Cant stand the manager, the staff, the chairman, the players and the tactics. All shit. So boring and tired of the same mistakes over and over again. Every time, even if we play okay-ish like today, its the same bullshit. Winks being shit, Dele being lazy, Lloris letting one in, Kane taking egoistic freekicks, Sanchez losing his man, Doherty being invisible, Lucas running and losing the ball. Taking a break from this for some games should help. Like a drug at this point, but with no reward. COYS
Didnt watch so did anything run different today?

Don't worry, I expected absolutely nothing from tonight.

But it does reiterate the hopeless performances are a norm.
Ok so yes I agree that some recent performances have been hopeless - but for me tonight's game was always going to be irrelevant to that - most teams are hopeless (or stupidly naive, which ludicrously appears to be advocated on here by some..!) against City.

Lets not kid ourselves city are just a club bankrolled by oil and a sheikh. Jose time is up though as our possession and attack minded play has evaporated. Actually thought that when we parked the bus away to palace.

Redknapp on sky "now it seems like he's trying to please the fans"........is he trying to imply that we're a free-flowing attacking delight?!

Bottom line Jose isn't getting the best out of these players and it is crap to watch.

Find it strange that he throws on Dele and bale when game is dead. Asking the 2 players he's pissed off, to get him out the shit
His man-management approach only works if you've got a rock-solid first 11 with a core of players who you can rely on to deliver. So the players you cunt off aren't actually that important.

When you haven't got that it's a recipe for disaster.

It's not a comparison because coming to a club like ours is simply a different challenge entirely.

We are a peculiar club so I don't think it is as easy as saying look at those players...

Too complex for thst simple metric.
Don’t over think it

quite simply put

a lot of those players are better than their direct counterparts here

Back
Top Bottom