Man City v Spurs - PL Sat 13th Feb 17:30 GMT - Live on Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worse thing is don’t think city had to come out of 1st gear. We are just so passive.
think that performance was bit of a disgrace by the players no really effort. Sure sign the players don’t have the heart fore joseball.
Think it was telling he came on to the pitch at the end

2 seasons ago we were brilliant to watch and probably 2-3 signings away from cementing us as a top top side both in England and Europe!

Now were back to mid-table-mediocrity with a fotball-murderer as manager. This is so so sad and depressing, i feel totally empty.
:mourcry:

He's meant for a pressing team with a high line. Not saying he was amazing with poch, but he was better than this.

Asking him to clear 50 crosses a game and defend for 80 minutes is a disaster waiting to happen because he's not technically sound defensively.

He's really not a pathetic player like some make him out to be.
Hold on .... he’s meant for a high line ?
Well we had a pretty high line when Ederson booted it right past him

how he excelled in your scenario !

It's Man City. They do this to most teams. We don't have to play them every week, or again in the league this season (which they will surely win by miles, having a squad that is vastly superior to that of all other teams).

We do have to play them in the Carabou Cup Final though... eek... :/
Don't give me that. If you lose having a go then you can say look it's man city. We just let them play second half. Absolutely no belief we would get back into it. At 1 or 2

It's all about confidence.

We should be able to make it hard for a team to beat us and we just don't. .

We offer too little, irrespective of the differentials in expenditure of both clubs.

We cannot control the financial numbers but in Mourinho you expect his management , wherhervthst be play or provision of mindset to bridge the gap. Not happening.

And yes, today theoretically is not the day for judgement but nothing from the game, apart from a tepid and tame but also goalless 30 mins can give or provide confidence for the games to come.

Right now we look insipid and a pale imitation of a decent team.

And yet we have no option but to genuflect accordingly. No vaccine for support that's for sure.

I’m so fed up, I felt that was a cowardly performance. Regardless of how we are set up can they please care just a tenth of the buggers on this site. I know kicking em off the park when you’re getting beat doesn’t help but we showed no fight at all. I know this is a game we aren’t expected to win but it’s the fucking hope that kills you. Anyway on to midweek and behind the team as always mainly because I honestly think as a fan and a supporter our opinion counts for fuck all so there is no option but to support Tottenham. Off to watch Anthony Bourdain now with a large drink to relax. We will be right I know, just feels all a bit wank right now. COYS

So when we beat WAC 2-1 midweek, that’ll prove Jose knows what he’s doing?

This should have ended before the west brom game.
It is cringing the jose fans getting all lairy & cocky when we win the odd match against poor teams. As though that erases all the bad results & mess we are in.

How are Leicester able to play good football and actually compete and they do not have the finances that we should be able to call on..but they do have a decent manager and a board who make good decisions and clearly understand football.....
Better players too. Evans, soyuncu, perreira, madison, tielemans, barnes all superior to what we have. Oh and a keeper

So predictable again tonight. The usual individual errors by the same players and others who can not control a ball and pick a pass.

We all know we have at least six or seven players who regularly play that are simply not good enough for a club with our ambitions. Until this squad is radically overhauled nothing will change on the pitch.

The only bright spot for me tonight was tanganga who should be our first choice right back, more games for him please.

I disagree.

He’s absolutely awful. We were duped into thinking he was a decent player based on one decent at best season at Ajax. Horribly inept scouting.

He can’t pass, can’t tackle, is clumsy af, can’t mark, is very weak for a guy of his stature, it just does on and on....

His only redeeming qualities are his pace and his ability to make last ditch blocks at times. Other than that, he’s a Championship level defender.
And remember the old adage

‘pace is only so good when you’re not flat on your face’

smart man

If jose and pep swapped squads, City might not make top 4.
Well, yes and no. I'd argue that Pep has actually underperformed in recent years given the squad he has. Should have won more, and should have won the league for the last few years by a mile.

Anyway, given that this thread is about tonight's game, I fear you are missing my point - tonight, Man City did to Spurs what they have done to most teams, including Klopp's Liverpool last weekend. Surely we never expected to compete with Man City this season - I'm delighted that we have 3 points against them from the home game. We shouldn't judge Spurs / Jose on tonight, we should judge on recent games (generally atrocious, with recent glimmers of hope) and future games.

Bottom line Jose isn't getting the best out of these players and it is crap to watch.

Find it strange that he throws on Dele and bale when game is dead. Asking the 2 players he's pissed off, to get him out the shit

Back
Top Bottom