Man Citeh (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah yes, I now remember why I usually avoid the forum after a loss. (I prefer to sit and feel sorry for myself pretending that football doesn't really matter that much than seeing everyone argue on the internet) But I was just so bored today that I found myself here again so....

eezCO.gif

Having watched the game once in full and extended highlights, there is a lot to be taken from that match; our defensive organisation was, for long periods of time, disciplined and we looked like we had been training to keep the shape that would nullify City's movement. The fact remains that there is only so much you can do against a player of Silva's ability and the resources they are able to call upon.

The trouble was our shocking attacking play. It wasn't as if we didn't have opportunities but each time chose the wrong pass, opted to shoot when numerically advantaged or shanked the ball out when attempting simple passes out wide.

Rarely have I seen Spurs be so profligate in possession but worse, rarely did I ever feel we were going to change. I have said before, as many others have, I'm sure, that Adebayor can play the same position that Dempsey (apparently) plays. As an aside, has a game passed a player by quite so much as yesterdays did Dempsey (yes, Chelsea)?

Adebayor drops so deep, drifts out wide that is often to the detriment of our threat in the box, why not try Defoe and Adebayor in that shape for our next home game?

Finally, Vetonghen's knock is what contributed to us losing but individual errors, again, are undermining the collective effort. Yesterday, having defended so well, Walker has a brain fart, leaves his position (which, left the entire right side open) to gift Aguero possession....if these are to be our undoing then I don't know if it can be labelled poor coaching or lack of awareness on the players behalf but they must be ironed out.

never ceases to amaze me that people who support the same club, get so fucked off at one another on the internet. If we all met in the Bell and Hare, we'd all get on like a house on fire, even if we disagreed - because we all share the same passion.
Anyone who takes things too seriously on the internet does indeed need to get a life.But here I am forced to wonder why you keep replying and keep throwing around insults if to you this is all meaningless and silly?

City has not been playing particularly well. If we stay organized at the back and don't make mistakes they are ripe for the taking.

Early red card against City has us in the drivers seat for much of the game, but we are unable to create many chances as they park the bus. Ultimately we crack the nut and I bust a nut as we win with a 72nd minute belter from Bale. 0-1 Spurs
I would love this (love it!) but 1-0 to us is the last scoreline I would expect from this game.

Back
Top Bottom