Luis Nani anyone?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, dad

Don't remember Nani being discussed in the other thread and can't be bothered looking through 700 pages to confirm.

Thanks for your contribution to this discussion over a potential Spurs target

Why are you so bad at taking criticism? It's just so classless. Don't try and backtrack, your thread title and your troll face make it clear that this was firstly an attempt at humour before a serious conversation.

I don't even know why I've bothered replying to be honest but fuck it. I'll leave this here.

So - now that the TFC humour police have concluded their investigation on me and helpfully issued a permit of approval for this thread. . .

If Lamela is indeed a possibility (personally I think that's 50/50 atm) - who is he going to replace in our line-up - Siggy at #10?

Can he operate out wide on the left allowing us the opportnity to play a second striker alongside/behind Soldado - sure as hell we wont be spending 30m on a bench player. Have to admit - I haven't seen much of him at Roma, very little in fact

This is why I think another wide forward player (someone who I don't think Sigurdsson truly is) can be highly benefical in our quest to a 3-man midfield / 3-man attack set-up.

Even so - should Willian had signed for us AND so would Lamela - who would we had set-up? Would Townsend go out on loan again - there is no way he'd be happy with 5th choice gain

Last edited:
So - now that the TFC humour police have concluded their investigation on me . . .

If Lamela is indeed a possibility (personally I think that's 50/50 atm) - who is he going to replace in our line-up - Siggy at #10?

Lamela would most likely line up wide right cutting in onto his left foot. At least to begin with. We still need a number 10. Though Lamela may drift there during games, I don't think that's his primary strength. We are more likely to be going after #10s than wingers like Nani. Like I said I would rather we stuck with Townsend than got in Nani. And if we get Lamela there would be no point in a move for Nani IMO.

If Lamela signs ( after Willian I won't believe it until he's played 16 games & got a Spurs tattoo) we still need another potential 1st 11 starter bought. I'm not sure AvB is keen on Erikson but he'd be a good purchase . I wonder if AvB is still sniffing around Hulk? He's still at St P yeah?

Oh aye Pjanić too

Last edited:
Nani? Id sign him up in a heartbeat, quality player perfectly suited to our squad.

Brilliant running with the ball, going in on goal, superbly skillful, quick - and iirc in the last year (or so) of his contract and so relatively cheap - sure I saw £12m quoted earlier in the summer.

Looks a bit like Jacko, can be a bit of a cunt... but all prejudice aside he is a cracking player and if AVB got him playing would be a huge asset for us.

Comparisons to Ronaldo in his Utd career were very favourable until Fergie dropped interest in him

Year 1
Nani - 26 starts - 4 goals - 11 assists (goal contribution every 1.73 games)
Ronaldo - 23 starts- 6 goals - 4 assists (goal contribution every 2.30 games)

Year 2
Nani - 24 starts - 6 goals - 2 assists (goal contribution every 3.00 games)
Ronaldo - 40 starts - 9 goals - 6 assists (goal contribution every 2.67 games)

Year 3
Nani - 30 starts - 7 goals - 9 assists (goal contribution every 1.88 games)
Ronaldo - 37 starts - 12 goals - 7 assists (goal contribution every 1.95 games)

Year 4
Nani - 43 starts - 10 goals - 15 assists (goal contribution every 1.72 games)
Ronaldo - 49 starts - 23 goals - 20 assists (goal contribution every 1.14 games)

Year 5
Nani - 34 starts - 12 goals - 13 assists (goal contribution every 1.36 games)
Ronaldo - 47 starts - 43 goals - 8 assists (goal contribution every 0.92 games)

The season after this Ronaldo left Utd for £80m. And while he is clearly the superior player, and always will be, I think it shows Nani in an extremely positive light.

This guy could be sensational

Also:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Rose
Paulinho Capoue
Lamela Holtby Nani
Soldado​

Looks fucking incredible to me. Especially considering Lennon, Dembele, Sandro, Adebayor, Townsend, Chadli etc arent even included.

Im happy to have two extremely versatile attacking players, instead of one.

I rather give Townsend and Chadli their chance, and if Bale goes then Id rather get Eriksson than Nani.

I think AVB could get someone like Eriksson to be an excellent addition to the squad, where as Nani is just an egotistical cunt, who would throw a wobbly when subbed off.

Ive never understood the Nani hatred. He is just a modern footballer, hasnt done anything of particular note to deserve the stick he gets IMO.

Townsend has promise, I want him to do well - I would rather rely on Nani than him though.
Chadli is basically our only LW option, unless we start putting Sigurdsson there as a compromise (I do actually think he does alright there), Id rather Nani in contention.
Nani can also cover RW as well, while Chadli can play centrally, Sigurdsson can play centrally, lots of nice options.

Eriksen Im unconvinced about, much like Willian, but am happy if thats who the club wants. Either way though, for less than what has been quoted on Willian we could get Nani AND Eriksen AND Alderweild and basically complete the squad.

Agree with Lister. I rate Nani and don't really understand why people think he's shit.

Having said that, we have lost a CAM target and if we do manage to get Lamela, then Nani would not be high on my list of targets.

Townsend, Lennon and Siggy can play LW. Not prefered in Siggys case, but we have four options there as opposed to one, and thats without Bale or his replacement.

The Nani hatred is brought on by the fact he's a smarmy player, who shows little respect to the opposition and is inglorious in victory. He also thinks he is better than he is, and imo, so do his fans.

His crossing has improved, but Ive already seen better placement from Chadli in one and a half games.

Back
Top Bottom