Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus christ. The state of Lucas' twitter right now.

Endorsing a fascist isn't cool.
Yes Lucas is getting involved in a very risky combination of political debate spiced with devout Christianity. We'll see his agent pull the plug soon I reckon.

He's definitely very right wing in Western terms but Bolsonaro is a pretty mainstream politician in Brazil amongst the urban middle and upper classes. The ludicrous crime, corruption and urban security situation there is giving him plenty of fuel. The Venezuelan refugee crisis is fanning the flames too.
My point is that Lucas probably won't see much wrong with supporting him.

It is interesting that Lucas is choosing to get publicly involved with politics on his social media accounts when nearly every player knows better than to go there. Hope he doesn't say anything too crazy.

Y'all know a lot about Brazilian politics?
A bit but not a lot. Brazilian wife and I was there over the summer. (blatz etc)

Father in law is involved in some campaign to promote a new party that doesn't allow candidates with a criminal record or any past involvement in corruption. You'd be surprised how many that'd rule out.

The current most popular choice for the upcoming election is ex president Lula. Who is in jail. Luckily they have a clever law that says you can't run the country from a jail cell so he won't get in. Yet at least.

He's a human too. He's allowed to have/express his political views ffs.

Don't see anything wrong with that.

I agree. I just want him to be careful and not get unnecessarily distracted from his football.
Will be interesting having a social-religious conservative on board again, and apparently a fairly vocal one at that...

Jair Bolsonaro is a far right politician with extreme opinions on minorities, the guy is literally a douchebag, sexist, homofobic, racist and always advocating the use of violence against other parties and defending the dictatorship, supportig him isn't just an opinion, is much more than that.

His agent / the club will be advising him against tweeting about politics, and quickly...

...but for fuck sake, the last thing we need is Spurs twitter attacking one of our most in-form players based on his political views.

Back
Top Bottom