Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1246578.gif

He'll be the 'Salah' of 2018/19 - you read it here first.
:adegrin2:

From what I have seen so far I think he'll be our most selfless player in terms of assists. Early signs suggest he knows when and where to pass. Think he makes the game look very easy. Just needs more fitness and to get match sharp. The "Salah" suggestion for next season is not unrealistic. Most likely with far fewer goals but more assists, but ultimately the same impact level.

Pochs January signings are always signed with the view of next season in mind.

He's come in and got a few minutes but from Jan until August it's almost like an extended pre season for him. He's learning his way, getting even fitter and he'll be a useful part of our team next season.

Pochs January signings are always signed with the view of next season in mind.

He's come in and got a few minutes but from Jan until August it's almost like an extended pre season for him. He's learning his way, getting even fitter and he'll be a useful part of our team next season.
This.

Makes you wonder though, if next season we do see him play a bigger part, which we probably will, who are we going to see less of? Dele? Son? Good headache to have I suppose.

This.

Makes you wonder though, if next season we do see him play a bigger part, which we probably will, who are we going to see less of? Dele? Son? Good headache to have I suppose.

Many thought the same of Son before he made his position his own. There's going to be injuries, tiredness etc. It's just all about Lucas taking his chance when he has it.

With the likelihood of us signing the likes of Maddison and Sessegnon too then it's going to be some depth we have in attack next season.

Isn't Son likely to miss the start of the season due to the Asia games? Moura will get his chance and if he does well, it will be Son that will have to win his place back. August to November is the busiest time with midweek CL games and International breaks meaning we need plenty of rotation as opposed to only 2 midweek games for last 6 weeks of the season.

Looked bright when he came on.

In fact, he was probably our second best player behind Jan today, which says something about our performance. I hope he gets a start midweek against Brighton and isn't out of contention to play against United in the semi final, considering he's helped get us there.

Poch has got to figure out how to get Moura more significant minutes, he's just too damn good on the ball for us to ignore. I'd really be into dropping one of our CM's, moving Eriksen back to CM alongside Dembele/Wanyama/Dier, and starting Lucas at RAM.

Poch has got to figure out how to get Moura more significant minutes, he's just too damn good on the ball for us to ignore. I'd really be into dropping one of our CM's, moving Eriksen back to CM alongside Dembele/Wanyama/Dier, and starting Lucas at RAM.

I'd love too see more game time for him, the old chestnut of a different option really sums him up for us, maybe next season he'll hopefully play a bigger part , but how to fit him in ?

I'd love too see more game time for him, the old chestnut of a different option really sums him up for us, maybe next season he'll hopefully play a bigger part , but how to fit him in ?

It definitely feels like we have one too many attackers now. As long as no one is injured, we can't really get them all enough minutes to keep them happy. It's a real conundrum for Poch. At least its a better problem for us to have than the other way around.

Tactical rotation is the best way. I don’t just mean replacing Son with Lamela or Lucas Moura; it’s more to do with occasionally moving Dele or Eriksen deeper in place of Dembele, or switching the formation.

Eriksen is one of the few guaranteed starters we have, so Lucas Moura is really competing with Dele, Son, and Lamela for one of two positions. With wise rotation I think we can keep them all happy, and fresher too.

Looked bright when he came on.

In fact, he was probably our second best player behind Jan today, which says something about our performance. I hope he gets a start midweek against Brighton and isn't out of contention to play against United in the semi final, considering he's helped get us there.

I thought he looked mint when he came on (again), has a quality first touch and I look forward to seeing him get more minutes.

He needs to learn a few things though - like not to pass to Sissoko.

Tactical rotation is the best way. I don’t just mean replacing Son with Lamela or Lucas Moura; it’s more to do with occasionally moving Dele or Eriksen deeper in place of Dembele, or switching the formation.

Eriksen is one of the few guaranteed starters we have, so Lucas Moura is really competing with Dele, Son, and Lamela for one of two positions. With wise rotation I think we can keep them all happy, and fresher too.

We should be looking at 4-4-1-1 against very strong teams. We did it away at Madrid and it worked well, a shame we've not tried that one again.

I am very keen to see more of this guy. He seems extremely skillful but he needs to play an entire match. In an absolutely torrid evening he was one of the only players on the pitch who seemed to be playing like he thought we could still get back into the game.

I am very keen to see more of this guy. He seems extremely skillful but he needs to play an entire match. In an absolutely torrid evening he was one of the only players on the pitch who seemed to be playing like he thought we could still get back into the game.

City had a break after we were trying to get back into the game at 3-1. They did manage to get the ball to KDB but Moura's defensive header forced him wide. Time will tell but it looks like he has a defensive side to his game.

He should start against Brighton end of. No more bullshit about fitness and game minutes - he looks fresh and he needs 90 mins in case a cameo is required in the semi
He reminds me of N'Koudou with his pace and eagerness, but unlike N'Koudou he's also actually a good footballer. I get the impression he's what the team is crying out for, and we really need to start utilising him.

Back
Top Bottom