Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas really hasn't taken his chances this season. That header against city after 3 seconds aside, what's he done?
How many minutes has he gotten?
You could say the same for many of our players tho.

Out of position, crappy makeshift cup lineups, 10 min cameos.... He's left feeding off of scraps to try and impress.

Edit: Pukka goal in Greece btw.

He started against Newcastle and did sod all after a run in the first few seconds.
Played the whole matches yesterday and did nothing much.
He runs a lot and jumps really high for headers, but I don't see him as a forward that can dominate a game.
I WOULD play him in place of Eriksen though. Cause at least he tries.

He started against Newcastle and did sod all after a run in the first few seconds.
Played the whole matches yesterday and did nothing much.
He runs a lot and jumps really high for headers, but I don't see him as a forward that can dominate a game.
I WOULD play him in place of Eriksen though. Cause at least he tries.

See "out of position".... Expecting him to hold the ball up or dominate CBs like prime-Kane is pointless.

See "out of position".... Expecting him to hold the ball up or dominate CBs like prime-Kane is pointless.
Guido has come into the thread, gonads swaying like a Don, telling everyone THIS is why Moura should NOT start.

The way I see it that any manager that tries to use Moura as he would Llorente, needs to have a word with himself

Eriksen is an AM

So if we play a front three of

Lucas....................................Son

..................Kane

Or a front four of

Lucas....................................Lamela

........................Son

...........................Kane

Then he´s replaced Eriksen in the AM role

The fact Poch is playing Eriksen out of position is irrelavent.
Why shoehorn Lucas in at all?

I suspect (based on the last few games before his injury) that Lamela plays instead of Eriksen. But Lamela is injured so that's why he's played, Eriksen. I get this even though Eriksen has been bitterly disappointing, it doesn't warrant shoehorning in Lucas because you've also omitted Dele in order to accommodate him.

Dele IMO also starts ahead of Lucas. So in every scenario, Lucas isn't a starter if everyone's fit. I see zero justification for his selection ahead of those mentioned.

We can even choose to look at each of those other players with negative 2019/20 specs on:
Dele's form - He still offers more versatility both with and without the ball than Lucas and as we saw yesterday and the previous game he knits in better with those around him.
Son - He can have ineffective games, he's a steaky player and puts together a run of 4 or 5 brilliant MOTM games then can go missing for 2,3 or 4 games. But Lucas hasn't put together anything like that kind of run of good games.
Kane - even when he's not played well, he's banged in a penalty or found the back of the net (Lucas misses his pens two out of two now I believe), Kane he's our talisman so huge presence and just on notoriety alone the oppo can't ignore him, plus he's game is so much more than a striker, he's also one of the best 10's in the league. A true World Class player.
Lamela - Major concerns over his fitness, I think his latest injury is all related to the same set of previous problems. The issue is if you aren't fit then you can't contribute to your team. But when fit he presses like a bastard, he sets our tempo without the ball, he does score regularly (his goals per game ratio is one of the best in the side, same too with assists etc..Basically his all-round game (with and without the ball) is so much better and links up with those around him.
Eriksen - Been woeful both with and without the ball. With Lamela injured I think that's why he been selected (he wasn't for a run a few games and Lamela stated). With Lamela injured and now Son suspended or left out for personal reasons following what happened on Sunday then Lucas is a justified starter. Still presents us with a huge problem and now a serious creativity gulf. And will for yet another game we will be forced to play something ugly as fuck.

This season what has Lucas brought to the table that says he should be playing above those mentioned.

Why shoehorn Lucas in at all?

I suspect (based on the last few games before his injury) that Lamela plays instead of Eriksen. But Lamela is injured so that's why he's played, Eriksen. I get this even though Eriksen has been bitterly disappointing, it doesn't warrant shoehorning in Lucas because you've also omitted Dele in order to accommodate him.

Dele IMO also starts ahead of Lucas. So in every scenario, Lucas isn't a starter if everyone's fit. I see zero justification for his selection ahead of those mentioned.

We can even choose to look at each of those other players with negative 2019/20 specs on:
Dele's form - He still offers more versatility both with and without the ball than Lucas and as we saw yesterday and the previous game he knits in better with those around him.
Son - He can have ineffective games, he's a steaky player and puts together a run of 4 or 5 brilliant MOTM games then can go missing for 2,3 or 4 games. But Lucas hasn't put together anything like that kind of run of good games.
Kane - even when he's not played well, he's banged in a penalty or found the back of the net (Lucas misses his pens two out of two now I believe), Kane he's our talisman so huge presence and just on notoriety alone the oppo can't ignore him, plus he's game is so much more than a striker, he's also one of the best 10's in the league. A true World Class player.
Lamela - Major concerns over his fitness, I think his latest injury is all related to the same set of previous problems. The issue is if you aren't fit then you can't contribute to your team. But when fit he presses like a bastard, he sets our tempo without the ball, he does score regularly (his goals per game ratio is one of the best in the side, same too with assists etc..Basically his all-round game (with and without the ball) is so much better and links up with those around him.
Eriksen - Been woeful both with and without the ball. With Lamela injured I think that's why he been selected (he wasn't for a run a few games and Lamela stated). With Lamela injured and now Son suspended or left out for personal reasons following what happened on Sunday then Lucas is a justified starter. Still presents us with a huge problem and now a serious creativity gulf. And will for yet another game we will be forced to play something ugly as fuck.

This season what has Lucas brought to the table that says he should be playing above those mentioned.

Guess we should sell him then Mate because if he´s too shit to start and is just a shoe in, then he´s too shit to come in later and will still be a shoe in.

But hey, you "LOVE Lucas!!"

Guido has come into the thread, gonads swaying like a Don, telling everyone THIS is why Moura should NOT start.

The way I see it that any manager that tries to use Moura as he would Llorente, needs to have a word with himself
Well, well just more words being put into my mouth!! Why do you do this? What is the point? Please show me where I said this?

Well, well just more words being put into my mouth!! Why do you do this? What is the point? Please show me where I said this?

Said that Moura shouldnt start games? I can find probably 20 posts you said that.

The other part was a dig at Poch, I never once claimed you said we should him as Llorente.
Look whos putting words into peoples mouths.

I wont hold my breath for an apology though

....Perhaps on the basis that we've sorely lacked attacking dynamism?
I've witnessed two games where he's displayed genuine attacking dynamism, Man U away and against Ajax.

He's scored some very nice goals in other games but I can same the same for Dele, Kane, Son, Lamela too, all who play better with each other and create and score more as a consequence.

Great squad options can start games, sorry you cant claim you believe both
He will be starting games now as we have presumably Son out and Lamela out and maybe Kane too (I've no idea if he's on his deathbed with man flue or has the sniffles).

Either way, he has to turn up or we are even more fucked.

Do you feel more confident that we will score with potentially Kane, Son & Lemela out and Lucas in over the next few games?

I've witnessed two games where he's displayed genuine attacking dynamism, Man U away and against Ajax.

He's scored some very nice goals in other games but I can same the same for Dele, Kane, Son, Lamela too, all who play better with each other and create and score more as a consequence.

1. That implies everyone else is on form.... If they all play so much better together then why is our attack so stagnant?
2. That ignores the previously cited stance that he's not being played to his strengths.

Lucas is such an enigma. He seems to do his best work in the box but he always seems to disappear when he is the lone striker. Which means he's only really effective in a striking duo and we don't play that way often (unless it's the diamond) and he and Kane don't seem to have much chemistry together.

He's a technically good dribbler but his passing/vision is pretty lacking.

Think it's clear he's not in our best XI but he's a nice depth piece to have.

Back
Top Bottom