Lucas Bergvall

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Devine is more of an attacking CM, and as far as I know he's not played as a DM in his senior career. Bergvall is more of a DM than Devine.

I know Devine is 8/10 but I was just throwing it out there, maybe he’s got the attributes.

Bergvall I know as much as the next man but all the neck beards seems to say he’s L8 or a 10 but able to play anywhere. You can see in all the clips he’s definitely an attacking and creative player. With his height and build he’s giving Bellingham/Zidane vibes to me

Let’s hope so. Lots can happen though to these kids before they’re ready for first team football. Probably still 50 50 they come through. But at least we are trying to get the top talents in, that’s great.

Pretty sure the reports are that he’s coming through in the summer. The offer that helped persuade him was that we told him he’s first team next season

zinedine zidane football GIF

Btw, The reports are Lange and the crew went to Sweden 10 days ago.

That was still the peak of Nusa hype....

Is there a chance we knew about the knee cartilage and back issues for Nusa but used the hype as a smokescreen to keep the media off the scent about reporting on Bergvall?
A CM was always the first target this window and we'd done a deal for a forward already.

I'm a big fan of Hojbjerg and always defend him. That said, there's always a right time to move on and I feel the summer is that for him. Previously we have been guilty of keeping players around to long and I feel with 1 year remaining in his deal(from the summer) it's best we cash in.

Skipp didn't start vs City.

The issue is seems these days is as players get to their final year they tend to reject transfers as they'll get a much better deal if they wait and leave for free a year later.

Has happened a few times recently - Lucas, Lloris, Dier. Could easily happen this summer with Hojbjerb, Lo Celso, Ndombele.

Getting a lot of Dembele vibes from the dribbling style. Looks physically well-matched for the PL even at his age... maybe he really will start getting a few minutes next season.

Sounds like he’s going straight into the first team squad.

“He will go straight into Postecoglou's first team squad as an exciting young option for the centre of the Australian's midfield. Bergvall will not be fazed by the step up, having made his international debut for Sweden this month, coming on for the final half an hour of their 2-1 friendly win against Estonia in a training camp friendly in which both sides used the occasion to experiment with new faces.”

From Alasdair Gold.

The issue is seems these days is as players get to their final year they tend to reject transfers as they'll get a much better deal if they wait and leave for free a year later.

Has happened a few times recently - Lucas, Lloris, Dier. Could easily happen this summer with Hojbjerb, Lo Celso, Ndombele.
Yeah, but at least Hojberg and Lo Celso have shown they do still have a use...

Sounds like he’s going straight into the first team squad.

“He will go straight into Postecoglou's first team squad as an exciting young option for the centre of the Australian's midfield. Bergvall will not be fazed by the step up, having made his international debut for Sweden this month, coming on for the final half an hour of their 2-1 friendly win against Estonia in a training camp friendly in which both sides used the occasion to experiment with new faces.”

From Alasdair Gold.
From that game....thought it was a youth game....Fucking hell...thought he was being a bit self indulgent and then he pulls that pass off...

View: https://twitter.com/simonyemane/status/1753183369687359536

Back
Top Bottom