Liverpool vs Tottenham - Sunday May 5th - 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have called for DeZerbi to be appointed manager multiple times in the last two months. I love the club philosophy at Brighton and wish we would do more to emulate it.

And there’s no way Dragusin couldn’t be an improvement on Emerson.

- Loads of punts on young kids.
- Sell players as soon as they attract any value in the trf market.
- Play the same way whether they're outgunned or not. (Some call it "stubborn" or "naive".)
- Still often lots of huff and puff up front with little return.

................Aren't these all things that (righfully or not) Spurs are accused of?

The thing about Brighton is it's a club philosophy since they were playing at an old athletics track with temporary stands after they sold their ground. They have literally and metaphorically been rebuilt and learned from their mistakes....whereas we plaster over them with a shiny new panini sticker manager and expect change....it's not happening.
Then Levy and ENIC out it is. Same as the last few years.

Will Levy ever learn?

Nuno was binned pretty rapidly, but he didn't lose four in a row.

I wouldn't call losing four in a row for the first time in 20 years, when the overall performances have been indicative of massive problems for a while.
He also didn't perform brilliantly at the start of his tenure without the best striker in the land...doesn't mean we should have kept him.

IF and it's a big IF we win the Burnley and Sheff U games we'll definitely finish 5th.
Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

- Loads of punts on young kids.
- Sell players as soon as they attract any value in the trf market.
- Play the same way whether they're outgunned or not. (Some call it "stubborn" or "naive".)
- Still often lots of huff and puff up front with little return.

................Aren't these all things that (righfully or not) Spurs are accused of?
Yea but that’s the devils bargain they have to make to get in real top quality young talent. We used to do that, and could learn something from it.

'Heroic losers'

But at then end of the day...still losers
Not having a go at you specifically, but i'm not having the word "heroic" at all. I'm sick and tired of these "comebacks". What has changed since Conte with these players? We had a whole season of "comeback" goals last season, second half FC. Nothing has fucking changed, so much so that we were 3 nil down in the exact same fixture last season and did this heroic BS comeback crap.

They are the definition of COWARDS, those 2 goals prove it. "They don't like to play under pressure, they don't like to play under stress". If you have to wait for the score-line to not matter anymore and your opposition to switch off then you are fucking cowards. They don't want to go toe-to-toe at nil-nil, they want the expectation to win off of them before they take "risk" in playing actual football. It played out EXACTLY the same at Anfield last season. Then they get to bait and switch the fanbase by making it look as though they have fight in them and a never quit attitude. Fans will get to say, oh if only Richarlison & Maddison started, oh if only Skipp started over Royal. Absolute bollocks, they did this shit all of last season and have reverted to type after the first 10 games of this season. Glad you called them out as "still losers" but i'd go a step further. Those 2 goals have pissed me off even more than the potential 4-0.

Back
Top Bottom