Liverpool VS Tottenham Hotspur 2019-10-27 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen was abysmal, Lo Celso did more in the 7 minutes he was on the Eriksen did in the entire game...Aurier ( shoot me down ) had a decent game apart from the penalty, i was expecting him to wipe some of the er players out well before that. N'Dombele is becoming a vital cog and as already stated on hgere, we are a right back away from a good team ( if the correct selection is made)

rose, has no defensive positional sense, no crosses and cant hit the target in the box as he showed today, what a fucking awful attempt at a shot, by an awful so called pro, that was 2-2 chance, but he decided to get the liverpool fans instead.

Dele, Eriksen, and Son were complete shit. They were misplacing easy passes, losing their men, offered nothing going forward.

Rose and Aurier, I thought were okay before being the main culprits for Liverpool's goals.

Kane was completely marked off the match.

Toby and Sanchez did their jobs for the most part.

Sissoko and Winks played well to their limited roles. It's a shame Winks is always the scapegoat due to Poch seeing him as N'dombele's equal. I actually think, N'Dombele's main position should be in the Dele/Eriksen role until GLC can get fully integrated into the squad.

Yep. But would everyone still be saying Poch our, was more the point.
It would depend on how we handled going to 2 up, but winning there would give him a reprieve obviously.
The point is, we didn’t get the second and predictably folded with zero positive impact form the managers tactical “solutions” to Liverpool smashing us to bits with every attack.

Imagine what might have happened if we didn't play for almost 90mins with only 9 players - yes, I'm looking at you Alli and Eriksen (not sure where you've been all afternoon, but I'm looking at you!)

Oh come on, are you seriously going to defend his team selection, his unwillingness to take players off and his decision to put substitutes on with only 9 minutes left ?. After watching mid week I seriously thought we could come away with three points today. There are no champagne corks popping here, my team just lost 2-1 at Anfield. Nobody is celebrating anything but as a supporter I demand the right to question the choices made by the manager.
The only negativity on display today was coming from the manager's dug out. I have no idea how deep your reserves of faith in "We believe in Poch" are but surely even the most ardent 'Poch In' supporter must be seeing the bottom of the barrel, from my viewpoint though we are already scraping it.
Gazzapen Gazzapen
I appreciate you have the right to disagree with my post but would you mind defending that stance with a post of your own ??
Particularly when you put this up minutes ago...
I really don't think Potchettino wants to be here. We played such great football in the week. Then we come back and play defensive against the best attacking squad in the league? What the hell? We blame Rose and Aurier whi were bought primarily for their attacking ability. They were never ever good Defenders. Like we play now days, we may just as well buy another 2 Centre backs and play them on the wing. POTCH MUST GO. Not even Levys fault

I don't agree with you Baz but I'm happy with can have a disagreement without calling each other cunts.

I won’t make much sense for the rest of the night (no change there then) but I’m absolutely gutted losing to that shower of shite

I should know better than to get my hopes up

They got out of jail again and Klopp knows it

We don't do if and butts.
We lost.
I do ifs and buts because the process is more important than the result.

we have a team massively short on confidence, and the plan was sort of working, Kane is coming back to form and we went to Anfield and nearly snuck it.
I’m not happy with the result, but it was more positive than it has been for a few games.

Get the fuck out of my club Poch!!!!

Absolutely fucking mentally idiotic to play Rose and Aurier as fullbacks and Winks Sissoko CM duo. Plus bringing in slob Eriksen instead of hard working Lamela.

This all is stupid even for recent Poch scale!!

Standing 100% behind those words -

- One goal came from situation that Rose failed to clear. Other from Aurier penalty. Absolutely no surprise
- Throughout the game we had to kick long-balls because we effectively had no midfield AT ALL. Played like Burnley
- Eriksen was absolutely useless and invisible in that game. Shouldn't have started. And should't in coming games!!!

Pool showed how you should play after going down by early shock goal. Unlike we in CL final. Deserved loss over 90 mins unfortunately.

True enough- but I always like to look at the match not the result. Was a poor performance but going to plan...always will be fine margins against the better teams.
How about against the likes of Brighton , Colchester , Watford , Newcastle , bournemouth , Southampton , west ham and Burnley

All teams we have lost to or drawn with in 2019 ?

Dele, Eriksen, and Son were complete shit. They were misplacing easy passes, losing their men, offered nothing going forward.

Rose and Aurier, I thought were okay before being the main culprits for Liverpool's goals.

Kane was completely marked off the match.

Toby and Sanchez did their jobs for the most part.

Sissoko and Winks played well to their limited roles. It's a shame Winks is always the scapegoat due to Poch seeing him as N'dombele's equal. I actually think, N'Dombele's main position should be in the Dele/Eriksen role until GLC can get fully integrated into the squad.
I agree with some of that but Winks has been shocking for most of the year

Back
Top Bottom