Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday 4 Feb. 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1-0 at half time is fine, i was hoping we'd get to half time without conceding again as surely we can adapt our approach. They have a high line and are pressing, I'm not sure how we didn't see that coming but we need to change the kind of balls we play to get around it. Lamela, Sissoko, Aurier, any of these players coming on could change the game if we play to their strengths.

We’re lucky to be just a goal down. So sloppy. They haven’t played that well, we’re just gifting them the ball. We have to get Kane the ball. He might have touched the ball maybe 5 times or so. Trippier has offered nothing. Dier has been woeful

What did I just see? My eyes are bleeding at how incoherent we've been. I know the dippers press so why are we playing it short from kicks? Why is Dele out wide? Why is dier setting up a goal? Why oh why?
We are making Henderson and that square jawed twat milner look fucking world class!

If someone could tell me why we've gone back to splitting the two centre halves either side of the area to then give it back to Lloris and then instantly lose it midfield afterwards, id be grateful. We didnt do it aganst Man Utd so why now? Invites pressure, particularly against a team well known for pressing. Daft

The pessimist in me never expected anything out of this match and after that half I still don't.

No indication that we're going to make a comeback or even score a goal based on that hal

Again, against a top 6 club away from home we don't even look like scoring. It's incredibly strange. The defences of the teams above us aren't even that good and at home we've put 2 away against United, 4 against Liverpool and 1 against Chelsea yet we go away to these clubs and barely muster up chances that threaten the keeper.

So what's wrong?

Don't care if Wanyama was poor against Newport - the whole team was fucking shit.

Wanyama or at least Winks NEED to come on for Dier.
Dier made two shit passes, one massively costly but not sure why he's taking the flack.
We are dominating the middle of the pitch which is why we are mostly camping out in their half.

Problem for me is the front four aren't taking any risks. All our chances have been from the midfield, and Dier has caused more problems in their box than Kane

Disagree with your last bit but only that we need to be more composed.

Somehow we need to ensure we test what I think is a fragile defence.

We need to see much more from Kane in particular and Alli in the more forward positions.

Nothing special in this Liverpool team.

It’s 100% the system for me we are trying to play Liverpool at there own game and losing playing it short to draw them out but they are not falling for it. We are losing the midfield battle and every attacking player looks isolated

Back
Top Bottom