Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday 4 Feb. 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

30f8aba.gif

Some of the comments on here about Kane are absolutely shocking.

"A disgrace"
"he handed the game to Liverpool"

Yes he missed a pen. He's fucking human ffs. Has no one missed a pen before??? The game was not all about that miss. Plenty else went on in the game. The two we conceded were poor defensively. We win lose and draw AS A TEAM. 100 goals is a great achievement. But he cos he misses something he usually buries he is abused by some so called fans. Disgraceful

"A disgrace"

Yes he missed a pen. He's fucking human ffs. Has no one missed a pen before??? The game was not all about that miss. Plenty else went on in the game. The two we conceded were poor defensively. We win lose and draw AS A TEAM. 100 goals is a great achievement. But he cos he misses something he usually buries he is abused by some so called fans. Disgraceful
Not to mention stepping up to take that 2nd pen after the miss at that point of the game to level things up must take balls of steel. Haters eh

I'll tell you why the linesman did a little fist pump today. It wasn't because he is a Spurs fan(not that you could blame him if he were), no, it's because a few second's earlier Moss had asked the fourth official if he had anything on telly. Moss didn't wait for the answer (probably because he thought better of it given VAR is not officially in place) and immediately said he was giving a pen. But about two seconds later we get the first pump, and I think that is because the fourth official had given the answer to the question he had just been asked. The answer was: "yes he touched the ball". The linesman is celebrating that they had got the decision right, that's all.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/960221239502692352/pu/vid/640x360/E01L0MmbbZKez1hA.mp4

"A disgrace"

I think some people let their emotion get the better of them in the moment, shouldn't, but fans are only human too I guess. I think on reflection these fans will admit they were momentarily acting like complete douche bags.

Is it right that a draw feels like a win AND a defeat at the same time??
It's not possible, is it?

All a matter of perspective. I think as either fan you can convince yourself it's good or bad, the result, depending on how you choose to look at it, though the experience of how the emotions changes over the course of the game mean that you're maybe more likely to feel one way or the other depending on whether you're a spurs or liverpool fan. Also, for us, it's away from home so a draw is a better result anyway.

I wonder if losing Coutinho will effect him though...
:sonhmm:

The first goal was a Dier assist, and the second one was a bit of a clusterfuck solo effort.

(But I'll admit that I'm saying that from the position of thinking he won't be this good next year)

Edit: just to add - I fucking love that the last minute penalty instantly changed the media talking point from 'the Salah Show' to 'Kane equalises with 100th PL goal'.

200.gif

Thing is, even the Dier goal, look closely at what Salah does. At exactly the right time he cuts Sanchez off from his last change to slide in and maybe make a challenge by cutting across him and adjusting his body. At the same time that adjustment to his body was to open his body up enough to shoot into the far corner which was the better option anyway if you have the ability to pull it off, but I think Salah had seen the small signs that Lloris was going to cover his near post as Lloris anticipated that was the easier shot and therefore the most likely.

The second goal, well, yeah a bit of a clusterfuck, but he was sharp and most impressively the finish was very good, a different finish and Lloris might have saved it.

Don't get me wrong, when he sighed for Liverpool I said in a post on here that he would be a failure. I was basing that off the small amount I had seen of him before. I was completely wrong, and I realized that a couple of months ago when I noticed these little subtle displays of ability happened in almost every goal. I wish we had bought him, he's that good.

This is from youaretheref.com, apparently contrary to what Dermot Gallagher was saying, it has to be a deliberate back pass from the defender for Kane to become onside. To me it felt like it should of been offside.

Kgx2CSL.png

We missed it though and the 2nd was legit so dunno what they are crying about.

Liverpool V Tottenham | You Are The Ref

The rule says the following:

"A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage"
Law 11 - Offside

There is nothing that says that it has to be a deliberate back pass. It is deliberate play on the ball, which is precisely what he did. The rule is to prevent ball accidentally deflecting off of a defending player and then putting an offside player onside. It was a deliberate action, therefore he was put onside.

They can cry robbery and injustice all they want. Played em off the park second half and they didn't have a single sniff till the last minute. All I wanted befor the game was for us to 'turn up' and perform and credit to the lads they did that despite a bit of an iffy first half. Genuinely believe if we had kept it tight for opening 20 mins we would've done em. Solid point now to destroy those cunts up the road

Back
Top Bottom