Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Even if you sign on deadline day in the summer you have time to integrate. In January you have none.
No.....you don’t. The season has started or will start in days, and the player has had no pre season and must integrate in the exact same way as if he signed in January.

In fact, at least in January he’s match fit

The same way you do if you sign late in the summer

Eh! What about Cup games? Perfect for integrating new players. Few early season games have the pressure on them that post Christmas games have. After Christmas, every game is 'must win'

Are you being deliberately argumentative or do you seriously believe what you write?

Better team lost, gutted beyond belief.. should have buried them but we didn't and we beat ourselves again. THEY didn't beat us.
Move on, bring on Palace.. new stadium.. lets finish our season on a high.

Don't care about Citeh, or Scouse.. and certainly not going to focus or hope on a result going our way tonight. It's up to us, beat who is in front of us.

COYS.

Eh! What about Cup games? Perfect for integrating new players. Few early season games have the pressure on them that post Christmas games have. After Christmas, every game is 'must win'

Are you being deliberately argumentative or do you seriously believe what you write?

The FA Cup starts in January.....so basically signing on deadline day is fine because you have one Coca Cola game against Wimbledon before playing PL oppo like West Ham and Woolwich away.......or you mean throw them straight into the Champions League squad......

I could ask you the same thing.

To be clear, you are happy with the January window and glad we didn’t improve the squad in the basis that we should have done it in the summer?

That’s insane, but each to their own

Ok, yet again I am constantly shocked that everyone here is a Spurs fan, yes you all have opinions but yet you attack each other for having them.

Here's mine ready for attack.

Yesterday we played bloody well for the second half at least, the minimum we deserved was a draw. Poch got his tactics wrong in the first half but he at least changed it. To me there are underlying issues, the lack of fresh signings over the last few windows means we are stretched. Yes Sissoko had a decent game, but the guy always has an error in him, that is why he can not stay, lets be honest, he would not get in any other team in the top half of the table, again he's a decent player but he can't score and he's prone to errors as I say.

Hugo made a mistake but the guy is world class, he is however getting older and that is probably why these errors are happening, he is clearly not as sharp as he used to be.

Wednesday we need to win to set us on a run, the fact is we are still 3rd, lets hope Newcastle do us a favour, if not we are still in the top 4 and we only have one more real fixture that we will have to be honest and say we may struggle with. At this point I still firmly believe we will finish in the top 4, clearly as long as we get the result midweek.

Oh Tottenham how have we got into a position where to get top 4 we probably have to beat Man City which could hand Liverpool the title, only we could end up with that Sophie’s choice

Incredible, the thought of that gurning prick lifting the premier league makes me sick

[
I completely agree. Every squad needs 2 or 3 fresh signings EVERY summer transfer window.

In that way you can avoid panic January signings.
So panicking in January and signing the DM you want next summer is worse than signing nobody and missing out on the CL?
After Christmas, every game is 'must win'

How has this panned out with not signing anyone in January.

We were winning games before January. Lots of them.

To be clear, you are happy with the January window and glad we didn’t improve the squad in the basis that we should have done it in the summer?

A rather convoluted and, may I say, insane twisting of what's been discussed. I'm glad we didn't buy anyone in January as it's the wrong time. As I've said on many occasions every squad needs 2 or 3 signings every summer window.

What about the early season games? League cup?

You still refuse to address the specifics of how January signings are integrated! Are you saying it's easier in January than August or the same? Don't early season games have less pressure than post Christmas?

Buy in Summer. Not January.

Last edited:
How has this panned out with not signing anyone in January.

We were winning games before January. Lots of them.
Once again, avoiding the point I was making. It was to do with integrating new signings into the squad/team. Much easier for a summer signing than a January signing for the reasons I've given and you refuse to accept other than 'it's the same'.

It's not.

Who has actually said that?
Well there’s a whole host of people arguing that January would have been a great time to improve the squad because we should have done it earlier.

Don’t know what else to decipher from the utter nonsense to be honest.
If we shouldn’t have moved in January, then I can only assume our targets could no kJ get so a job.....as they missed the MK Dons game in the Carabou Cup so had no warm up

What about the early season games? League cup?

You still refuse to address the specifics of how January signings are integrated! Are you saying it's easier in January than August or the same? Don't early season games have less pressure than post Christmas?

Buy in Summer. Not January.
I mentioned Wimbledon and the Carabou.
One game then it away to West Ham and Woolwich in the same competition. Hardly training matches

Once again, avoiding the point I was making. It was to do with integrating new signings into the squad/team. Much easier for a summer signing than a January signing for the reasons I've given and you refuse to accept other than 'it's the same'.

It's not.
It’s is the same.
No pre season is the same as no pre season

Back
Top Bottom