Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In theory it was possible to strengthen in January. But for this club? Two big issues I see, sammy: 1. we're short of money; 2. Poch doen't seem to be much good at player identification.

I think van Dijk is top drawer. Pains me to say it.
I had big doubts about him at Southampton, but having watched him more closely at Liverpool it's clear to see he is different gravy.
I can't off the top of my head think of another example of how the signing of one individual has improved a team so much. When Toby joined us is one that maybe could be compared.

I think you missed the point...

giphy.gif

C'est la vie.

Nope, wanted and want neither. And utilizing the Trumpian argument of what 'most people' would want is a fool's game. Most people are stupid and I could care less about what they want. 'Most people' that voted, voted for Brexit and Trump. How's that working out?

Most people wanted to strengthen the squad last summer.
Is it still Trumpian because you agree now
first off, and because I 'get it', Dembele didn't need replacing because he was a Spurs' player. See what I did there?

but if you meant those two addressing the MF problem I don't see what one has to do with another. there are 11 positions on the field and 25 for the squad. Are you suggesting that in your ever-expanding infinite wisdom that since we have a problem at one position that should preclude us from recruiting in others? Please explain it to me so I 'get' this point too.

Too many words to ask a simple question

I didn’t think we had a problem last summer.
It’s about time you realised that I am arguing from my point of view, not from yours.

I rated Dier, Dembele and Wanyama and was happy to see Wanyama fit and expected to see Poch get him back to form.
I also highly rated Winks and had faith in Sissoko

Therefore I didn’t want a CM signed.

I dont think Martial is any better than Moura and Sessengon is fucking shit, so didn’t want either.

The summer window was just fine. Our position at Christmas proves that.

But look.....it doesn’t matter.
If I’m an irrational fool, then what does that make our manager?

At least I wanted someone in January.

He deemed the squad good enough twice....you must think he’s a right cunt
The manager is not who I am addressing. I am addressing you. Nice try at deflection but I am like a hungry dog on a bone, and equally tenacious in debate...and good at it.

Wanting someone in January, while admirable and self-serving of your defense of not wanting someone in the summer, is not the point being argued. The point being argued is we needed reinforcement in the summer and you said we didn't and have foolishly stuck by defending that in the face of overwhelming contradictory evidence.

Poch's public stance gives us no insight into the behind-the-scenes work and my opinion of that has no bearing on the point being argued here, which, if we could avoid any further lame attempts at deflection, I hope we could get back to.

He couldn’t even get in the squad for the first quarter of the season and really hasn’t done much since he got in there.

Their signings haven’t been great but instead our supporters just focus on how much they spent as an excuse for our position.

They are pretty much reliant on their main players from last year like us but somehow in the warped mind of our manager they are completely operating on a different level to us. Right o.

Not strictly true. It's fairly common knowledge that Klopp likes to ease certain players into his system. Did exactly the same thing with Andrew Robertson last season. Fabinho is the type of player they've been missing for about a decade. Alisson has also been very good, particularly in comparison to what they used to have.

I don't totally disagree with you about Spurs though. The mentality is so poor.

I didn't expect a win today, so it's hard to not feel like this was expected but just the manner of it. Gifting points once again through stupid mistakes at the back. Can't wait for this season to be over.

You couldn't make this up. Missed sitters at one end and a 90th minute own goal to lose it at the other. It's getting fucking boring now. Just ridiculous stuff

But predictable.

The worst thing is that we just do it all the time.

The surprise is when it doesn't happen.

Like the saying........it's not news when a dog bites a man but it is news when a man bites a dog.

Football fans in the Premier League would not have gone shock scoreline.

(p.s. I ignored the parts where you come off like a ponce..... You know the bits. ;) )
Surely, you didn't because you responded to a few. See, I thought it was all 'poncey'. But we have to play to our strengths. When I read RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK 's posts they all seem cunty but then I realize he is just dancing with the one who brought him. :allitongue:

I will pick apart the rest of your post in a second. (Ooo, was that poncey? I fear that it was poncey but you'll let me know wontcha?):dembelelol:

Surely, you didn't because you responded to a few. See, I thought it was all 'poncey'. But we have to play to our strengths. When I read RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK 's posts they all seem cunty but then I realize he is just dancing with the one who brought him. :allitongue:

I will pick apart the rest of your post in a second. (Ooo, was that poncey? I fear that it was poncey but you'll let me know wontcha?):dembelelol:
I'm letting you deal with him, Geronimo. I don't have the patience.

Dier hasn't been heralded by our fans and pundits alike?
Vic wasn't getting major plaudits from us prior to his injury?

You'd argue we can't/haven't put in dominant MF performances without Dembele on the pitch?

I re-emphasise: "GENERAL CONSENSUS".
Realized Dier in his 2nd year that he wasn't good enough because he hadn't progressed as a MFer and wanted him moved to CB and/or transferred to United when I heard about his dalliance. He wasn't 'good enough' in his 1st year from a perfect DM perspective but that was ok because need must. but he did do an admirable job and I was happy with his work. Now we are 2 years hence and he is still playing there, reacting nervously everytime he gets the hot potato. Never been a part of a dominating MF without Dembele on the field.

Vic was injured in pre-season that year and his year, bar the whopper at Pool, was awful. @ years we have carried him now and you cannot expect anything from him going forward. So technically he has given us 1 good year of service. Never been a part of a dominating MF without Dembele on the field.

Love Winks but at no point has he played a part in MF domination. And going forward he should not be relied upon considering his injuries. Never been a part of a dominating MF without Dembele on the field.

I don't just argue that, the manager argues it with 'without Dembele we don't exist'. He might have been partly joking but being partly based on truth is what makes a joke, right? We have not controlled a game in 5 seasons without him. We've won and won some bigly but we have not controlled them ie MF domination.

But I don't base it all on him and his intrinsic qualities. There are other MFers that could have done it albeit by a slightly different means. but this goes to my point that the other MFers are not good enough.

(The Liverpool part left me shrugging my shoulders....)
Meh

.....But this isn't 5 OR even 3 years of neglect.
we disagree, no biggy. I'm a ponce and we're both assholes.👍

You see making 1 or 2 changes as being addressing it and I do not. I see it as bandaids or plaster over a bullet hole or whatever it is yall saw over in Brexitvilleshire. Not addressing backups, upgrades or competition is neglect for me, especially in Dembele's case. We could possibly still have him for the big games if he wasn't runout every chance Poch felt nervy.

Yeah I go with quotes otherwise I’m just fabricating a false truth and passing it off as a fact over the internet.

You know, because that’s how society works now

Yes you're right, that's how society works. Media and public relations are not a part of it at all. What we read, hear or see in the media is always 100% the truth. Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom