Liverpoo v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 31.03.19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't tell if we are going to have a fight or if someone is going to get noshed off, honestly it's 50/50 at this point.

Going to go with fight though.

giphy.gif

Fair enough, and I'm with you in spirit, but we've been confidently predicting exactly this every week since the second month of the season or thereabouts. They look the real deal, there's only a Rizla's width between them and City if we're honest - not to say we can't get a result there, far stranger things have happened, but we have to accept they'll be toe-to-toe with MC till the end, with us or whoever plays best/gets the luck in the run-in some way back in third
Or we smash them at Anfield and they fall into a tailspin, crash out the CL against Porto, and then struggle to finish 3rd in a two horse race.
giphy.gif

They were absolutely there for the taking today, they were shitting it in that second half, but through a lack of belief and ability, we just couldn't beat 'em.

This squad is completely and utterly done IMO. Too many players are completely maxed out both physically and ability wise. 10 league losses is fucking horrendous but we could be much worse off, bar the odd game here and there we've been catshit all season compared to our previous standards.

I just hope and pray we can dig out a few wins and scrape top four but I honestly think it'll be a very long end to the season.
Might seem very negative but there's no point in hiding from the truth.

Carragher "I'm here with the match winner mo Salah, mo talk us through the goal"

It was a fucking own goal you bunch of Scouse cunts. Mo didn't do anything. Oh wait he headed it back in to the box. Carragher should have interviewed Hugo and asked him.

It's all down to Levy now. Either he spends or we'll lose some of our talent and be lucky to end next season in the top half. Poch has to give him an ultimatum. Buy or I'm off. Poch, show some spine. We need you.

On the evidence of what motivation, desire and mentality this team and its manager has, I'd say 3-0 to Liverpool.

The whole run-in will be interesting to watch because I can easily see teams like Bournemouth and West Spam wanting the win more than us. Hell, even Palace and Brighton.

At this stage, it really is a "prove me wrong" scenario- and it will be for every single game. They can talk as much as they want, plead for support or mentality, but fuck them. Show it. Actually show it and people will come around. Why would you expect the mentality of the fans to change when they see no proof of the players wanting to win? How many games have we played this season? 50? They've had their chances to show it but have been found wanting. Technically this can be said for all and every competitor in sports, but you should always have more desire than your opponent because that's what you can control.

Football may be their job, but they need to realize how fucking privileged they are to have that job and earn the kind of money they are. Who wouldn't want to exercise every day and play games on the weekend and get paid an ungodly sum to do so?

So fuck them and Poch. Prove your fucking desire on the pitch and the fans will come around.

Awful people , awful city . Dog shite and Macdonald’s wrappers on all the pavements .apart from John Bishop All their comedians are about as funny as burning orphanage. The self pity city , hooked on grief . Shit house of a stadium aswell , why the fuck they built that stand I will never know . It’s like adding glitter to a turd .

Thought it was quite telling and annoying as fuck that England were 4 up last week and Kane wasn't subbed off. I know hes captain but fuck off Southgate, you are getting every minute out of our players the last cupla years-absolutely no need to keep your talisman and lone striker on when 4 up at home.

Eh. You think the players give a fuck about the stadium they are playing in?

It's all about money for all of them. Only in Kane, Winks and Poch (because of the project) perhaps they care.

If Poch really wants to win etc then he isn't translating it to squad because the performances have been awful for the entire season, not just the string of recent defeats. And Kane as captain should really be inspiring the squad more, but then, do they really care about trophies? Haven't seen it in them.

Levy has delivered the stadium, but he hasn't with the new players or existing contracts for some, so honestly everyone's got blame to share around except the fans who are treated quite shite. Stop asking about our mentality when the players on the pitch have none.

So then dont bother watching the game then if everythings so shit

Eh. You think the players give a fuck about the stadium they are playing in?

It's all about money for all of them. Only in Kane, Winks and Poch (because of the project) perhaps they care.

If Poch really wants to win etc then he isn't translating it to squad because the performances have been awful for the entire season, not just the string of recent defeats. And Kane as captain should really be inspiring the squad more, but then, do they really care about trophies? Haven't seen it in them.

Levy has delivered the stadium, but he hasn't with the new players or existing contracts for some, so honestly everyone's got blame to share around except the fans who are treated quite shite. Stop asking about our mentality when the players on the pitch have none.
Delete yourself

Back
Top Bottom