Lineker thinks Tottenham will finish above Woolwich

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly dont give a fuck where they finish... we will always be in there cunty shadow if all we care about is finishing above them.. the worse thing is most of our fans will see this season a success if we finish 5th and they finish 6th and im sorry thats just not acceptable.

We should finish in top 4 and fighting for the league, If the scum finish above us so be it but our aim should always be to finish high in the table and win cups NOT to finish above them. If we go for that instead of worrying about what there doing all the time it will happen anyway.

I think that is very wrong.

I for one would see the season a great success if we managed to get into the top 3, even if Woolwich, god forbid, would win the title.

thats my point we shouldnt care what they do.. I aswell wouldnt want them to win and if im honest wud be gutted if they did win the PL BUT if we finished in top 4 and had a gd go at it i wudnt be disappointed we finished below them.

My point is we need to stop worrying about them, and be more interested on what WE achieve.

Lets get the job done before we start this shit again Gary. Im optimistic about the season but so far we've played 1 good team and lost against them. There were some that thought the arse game was in the bag and it was a must win. How good we really are, we will know after the Chavs game.

Here we are playing another one of the Cartel the Protected top four once the proud ownership of Liverskint but now belonging to City Oiler's Chelsea Woolwich UTD What we did this year was swap a deadly telescopic rifle for a Machine Gun meaning we are not relying on a marks man Bale. What we played like at Woolwich was the opposition Army in Syria blindly shooting over a crumbled building hoping to hit someone now we are molding into a very good Team. The only downside is Chelsea have played has a team a lot longer and i expect old warhorse Terrrys all Gold Cashley Cole Checkmate Lampost ( fat Frank) Ivanabitch and co to come the Lane full of extra running. We have to match this and show the same desire to win all three points minus the mistakes we showed at Carrdiff Our biggest problem is finding the magic 11 who will win and perform in these top games a mixture of old and new . We need to create chances like our D+H team Defoe Holtby they have cemented a partnership based on the same telepathy of identical twins and scoring for fun. This is where Soldado has to improve is striking in stinks he had some great chances against Cardiff but they was grade A very hard ones he needs chances like Siggy two or on the end of Lamela cross like Paulinho or Defoe will have to play. I feel sorry for Holtby he was the stand out player in the Under 21 Tournament and has come back from injury in great form could AVB find a place for Holtby Erickson and Defoe Saldado in AVB we trust. I wish AVB could also find a way of getting Lennon bone in his foot to heal and ADY to knuckle down make peace with is Manager and show the fans why we bought him because on his day both Lennon and Ady are top draw players i wish where playing or on our bench. Spur 3 - Chelsea 1 please COYS

Attention seeking twat
gary_lineker.jpg

Funny thing about ex-players 'talking us up' is that it doesn't happen often enough to make it a comfortable read....

When the likes of Jamie Redknapp or his ilk constantly put us down and say we don't have a hope of finishing above THEM, we're all up in arms at such negativity and how ex-players of OTHER clubs (let's use Hansen/Liverpool and Merson/Nicholas/Smith/Henry at ArseAnal as examples) seem to still blindly love the club no matter what their circumstances, I do feel a pang of envy that they can breed such loyalty amongst their ex-players, and we can't!

Well, add Linkeker to Ginola (who will clearly love us until his dying day) and maybe we DO have some ex-loyalty after all!!!

Who the fuck cares? We're 5 games into the season and this has cropped up again?

Forget about Woolwich. It's us always looking over our shoulder that has likely cost us in recent years and here we are again.

We have our own ambitions and dreams. We don't need to base our success off their own shortcomings.

Top three for us this year. That's where we'll finish. If Woolwich can finish above us then they'll deserve it with the squad they've got (I don't think they will just for the record - but getting CL is WAY more important than finishing above them cunts (though I expect we will and that will be an extra joyful bonus).

Lets get the job done before we start this shit again Gary. Im optimistic about the season but so far we've played 1 good team and lost against them. There were some that thought the arse game was in the bag and it was a must win. How good we really are, we will know after the Chavs game.
Yes, you have a valid point ...
But imo opinion, beating the Chavs alone doesn't simply tell us how good we actually are.

It's beating the teams that we hypothetically should be defeating ... that really counts ... at first.

And this is where I am seeing progress with us this season, especially due to our superb depth.
If we continue performing and getting wins, especially against the mid-table and bottom of the table teams .. that's actually what will go a long long way for us. Beating teams on our level or above is like a bonus.

Like AVB said ... though tomorrow is a massive massive game for the players and fans, the result probably won't matter much come end of the season ... what matters is how we continue and pick up after this game.

If we continue like we have so far, and like how we picked up after the Arse-anal game ... I firmly agree with Lineker that we will finish in the top 4 this season.

Although Linekar appears to be rooting for us, I would still prefer it if he kept these thoughts to himself, its just asking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom