Lilywhites – Putting Down the Black Dog

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Its 10pm, Monday 25th February 2013 at Upton Park. Spurs have just snatched all 3 points, with a screamer of a goal from Gareth Bale in the last minute against fierce rivals West Ham. The away end has gone mad with jubilation, “We love you Tottenham we do, We love you Tottenham we do” is all that can be heard at a near empty stadium. I am feeling on top of the world, this must be the greatest day of […]

Continue reading...

Thanks everyone for the positive and supporting comments, I have received back about my article.

Its really appreciated, and also thanks to all those who have shared their stories as well. Glad to know I am not the only person who is or has suffered with it. Thanks again, COYS

Hello mate

CALM wanted to publish it as well. It's on their front page now.

XDRfaMT.png

http://www.thecalmzone.net/2013/09/coys/

Thanks mate been on the citaopram for years great article

Cheers, thanks for sharing that.

I used to take citalopram, but it didn't really work for me. Now I take a combination of Sertraline & Amitriptyline, which seems to work for both the anxiety and depression. It has taken me about 18 months, to find the right combination that worked for me.

Cheers, thanks for sharing that.

I used to take citalopram, but it didn't really work for me. Now I take a combination of Sertraline & Amitriptyline, which seems to work for both the anxiety and depression. It has taken me about 18 months, to find the right combination that worked for me.
Thanks for sharing it too ! however you know as well as i it really ain't in the mainstream, people are scared of it when they should not be. Can we produce a thread (maybe) that addresses the fears that some have towards mental illness ? i could start and live with it day after day but ................ i run an enormous company i just have to fight it and yes fight it day after day and yes sometimes it catches up with me. I will share will you in the right environment ? Good luck mate and thank you very much for the post in bringing it to the fore in the most unexpected environment.
God bless wrighty 1882

Thanks for sharing it too ! however you know as well as i it really ain't in the mainstream, people are scared of it when they should not be. Can we produce a thread (maybe) that addresses the fears that some have towards mental illness ? i could start and live with it day after day but ................ i run an enormous company i just have to fight it and yes fight it day after day and yes sometimes it catches up with me. I will share will you in the right environment ? Good luck mate and thank you very much for the post in bringing it to the fore in the most unexpected environment.
God bless wrighty 1882

Cheers mate, agree with you completely. Unfortunately depression in men is still regarded as a taboo subject, when it shouldn't be, as people from all walks of life suffer from it. Vinnie Jones, Winston Churchill, Frank Bruno etc. are all well known sufferers there are millions of others as well. This was partly the reason for me writing the article about the battle I have faced for years now.

I have been overwhelmed with the response I have had from the article, with many fellow supporters like yourself sharing their own experiences with me. Yes, I would be up for a relative thread, I do not profess to be a mental health expert by any means but more than happy to provide advice and support for anyone that needs it.

I wonder if http://www.thecalmzone.net/ might want to something in conjunction?

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.

Last edited:
David.. great read. Fair play. Been there many a time myself.
But choosing Spurs to lift you up. Jesus, big risk taken right there. Wowza:dempsey:
Imagine if you had picked QPR, or Orient. Or worse still... rugby.
Fuck.. Just think where you'd be right now:vdvcry:

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE MIGHTY SPURS
:parker::levystare::adegrin2::avbwtf::ossie::gio::ledleylick::dude::harrysmile::soldadolol::baletroll::crouch::chadliwtf::ap::avblol::levylol::eriksenlip::lamelashock::eriksenlol::kaboullol::levywhoa::llorishuh::holtbytongue::sandroscream::lamelawtf:

And fuck you depression you complete cunt :avbfu::avbmad::avbnaa::paulinhobored:: ostrich::wall::carrollwtf::vdvshh::myword::soldadowatch:

David.. great read. Fair play. Been there many a time myself.
But choosing Spurs to lift you up. Jesus, big risk taken right there. Wowza:dempsey:
Imagine if you had picked QPR, or Orient. Or worse still... rugby.
Fuck.. Just think where you'd be right now:vdvcry:

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE MIGHTY SPURS
:parker::levystare::adegrin2::avbwtf::ossie::gio::ledleylick::dude::harrysmile::soldadolol::baletroll::crouch::chadliwtf::ap::avblol::levylol::eriksenlip::lamelashock::eriksenlol::kaboullol::levywhoa::llorishuh::holtbytongue::sandroscream::lamelawtf:

And fuck you depression you complete cunt :avbfu::avbmad::avbnaa::paulinhobored:: ostrich::wall::carrollwtf::vdvshh::myword::soldadowatch:

I started going to Spurs regularly in the mid-late 90's, that really was depressing. The only good thing I can remember was the Worthington Cup win.

Mid-table was about the best we could hope for then, and Spurs used to get hammered all the time at places like Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge etc. I still remember witnessing that 1-6 thrashing by the Chavs at WHL. Plus "Your Not Fit to Wear the Shirt" was sung at WHL very regularly.

Thankfully since about 2005/06 onwards things have improved. The future's bright the future's Lilywhite, COYS

Last edited:
great article, makes one think. I feel for anyone who can't cope with the stresses of life, I think its so important to have people you can talk to and feeling part of something - be it a family, friends or community.
Keep well everyone and try to get pleasure out of little things - a walk in the park, a cup of tea and your favourite biscuit, take a kid to the swings and have a go on the slide, dance to your favourite song, watch Ricky Villa score THAT goal, etc etc

Thanks Mrs P.

I do a number of things to keep myself on the level and coping with life. I take quite a high dosage of two different anti-depressant medications everyday, hit the gym 4 or 5 times per week, use CBT techniques to keep myself 'thinking well' and of course indulge in my passion THFC.

Cheers mate, agree with you completely. Unfortunately depression in men is still regarded as a taboo subject, when it shouldn't be, as people from all walks of life suffer from it. Vinnie Jones, Winston Churchill, Frank Bruno etc. are all well known sufferers there are millions of others as well. This was partly the reason for me writing the article about the battle I have faced for years now.

I have been overwhelmed with the response I have had from the article, with many fellow supporters like yourself sharing their own experiences with me. Yes, I would be up for a relative thread, I do not profess to be a mental health expert by any means but more than happy to provide advice and support for anyone that needs it.

I wonder if http://www.thecalmzone.net/ might want to something in conjunction?

Thanks again for sharing your experiences.
No Taboos just pure truth would that not be the greatest ? We can talk about this brothers......

Back
Top Bottom