Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
I get what you’re saying: I think we’ve been spoiled over the past few years with some great performances and a team and manager coming together. The graph above is showing our average position has improved in 20 years, but we’ve probably over-achieved in the past few. I think Poch said the same, and so the finances weren’t there to invest. It would have been great to have done so, bought a couple of superstars on money from somewhere and hopefully pushed on - but we didn’t, and without the reliance on CL money for transfer budget, we should be relatively stable and able to push on in a while. I know it frustrates people that we were so close and didn’t seem to do what would have been the easy thing, but the stadium does have to be paid for and we can’t afford that and crazy players salaries. I’m the worst in the world for long-term investments, but until we have the same income as Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool (City will be an outlier while they’re oil-rich) there’s not much we can do.
Chelsea shouldn't be in that equation either. They are simply bank rolled by a wealthy man. We are also own by a personally wealthy man and FFP rules have been relaxed....so there is something someone could do. His name is Joe Lewis he is in his mid eighties and he can not take his four billion with him when he dies, not one penny of it.

Chelsea shouldn't be in that equation either. They are simply bank rolled by a wealthy man. We are also own by a personally wealthy man and FFP rules have been relaxed....so there is something someone could do. His name is Joe Lewis he is in his mid eighties and he can not take his four billion with him when he dies, not one penny of it.
Probably leaving it to Levy?

that would be amazing if he just went ‘fuck it’, and spent crazy money...

Great post.

The stadium revamp was heralded as an asset that would help us secure regular champions league football and allow us to compete at top in domestic competitions.

Poch was already achieving that even before our secondment to Wembley and yet we have a transfer policy of still hunting in the bargain basement. It's no wonder we have fallen away.
The counter to that is having a good academy and scouting team which has ruined the clubs future for the next few years

Probably leaving it to Levy?

that would be amazing if he just went ‘fuck it’, and spent crazy money...

Pretty sure Joe Lewis's daughter is involved somewhere - Levy's son is a director of another Lewis owned company

I think the club is just going to be passed on to the next generation

Levy himself will probably outsee every other person currently employed by the club

Pretty sure Joe Lewis's daughter is involved somewhere - Levy's son is a director of another Lewis owned company

Levy himself will probably outsee every other person currently employed by the club
Levy will still be running the club with his head in a jar just like those ones in Futurama

Great post.

The stadium revamp was heralded as an asset that would help us secure regular champions league football and allow us to compete at top in domestic competitions.

Poch was already achieving that even before our secondment to Wembley and yet we have a transfer policy of still hunting in the bargain basement. It's no wonder we have fallen away.
It's ok hunting in the bargain basement if you pull out actual bargains, we haven't been doing that lately .

Perhaps he’s desperate to have a bit of time in CDM - he’s trying his best to make it the only option, but managers keep playing Winks and Sissoko...

This is levy we are talking about

It will be as much an enic puff piece as is possible after this clusterfuck of a season
The season is not finished yet but it's difficult to make a puff piece out of this, maybe they'll just focus mostly on the stadium, training ground and charity work.

Back
Top Bottom