Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Summer 2018. We become the first top flight club Ever to invest £0 in a Summer transfer window.

January 2019. We back it up by investing £0 again then have the gall to announce World Record Smashing profits.

Jump forwards just11 months, gentleman, and we have our worst points tally on New years day since 2008, minus the most over achieving manager in a generation and a squad that looks tired, disinterested and unmotivated.

Can we all now just stop the pretence and the bullshit and accept the problem wasn't Pocchetino, the problem isnt Mourinho , and the buck stops firmly with the owners and their priorities.

The shit is trickling down from the top.

Summer 2018. We become the first top flight club Ever to invest £0 in a Summer transfer window.

January 2019. We back it up by investing £0 again then have the gall to announce World Record Smashing profits.

Jump forwards just11 months, gentleman, and we have our worst points tally on New years day since 2008, minus the most over achieving manager in a generation and a squad that looks tired, disinterested and unmotivated.

Can we all now just stop the pretence and the bullshit and accept the problem wasn't Pocchetino, the problem isnt Mourinho , and the buck stops firmly with the owners and their priorities.

I largely agree with you although I do believe Poch was partly to blame for his own choice of subs and team selection.
His inability to win any cup with one of our best squads ever also tells me he was vastly overrated.

Nevertheless, this season has finally converted me fully to wanting ENIC out.

I largely agree with you although I do believe Poch was partly to blame for his own choice of subs and team selection.
His inability to win any cup with one of our best squads ever also tells me he was vastly overrated.

Nevertheless, this season has finally converted me fully to wanting ENIC out.

Poch made errors in the cups for sure , as for the squad though it was always overrated, Poch got them playing at 110% for so long most fans didn’t notice, then the magic wore off.

Every group of fans overrates their squad, ask a non-Spurs fan about our squad, they will say Kane and Son yeh and be very meh about the rest of it.

If only we had spent our world record £113m pound profit on new players plus their wages in the summer and also used some of that money to give existing players shiny new improved contracts.

Levy thinks we have an amazing squad that has been underperforming and that's why Poch was given the sack

What a mess
And he recently said we need stop the obsession with spending money!
He actually had the audacity to mutter those fucking words.

He never said anything about his obsession with making money though .

How interesting :sonhmm:

Poch made errors in the cups for sure , as for the squad though it was always overrated, Poch got them playing at 110% for so long most fans didn’t notice, then the magic wore off.

Every group of fans overrates their squad, ask a non-Spurs fan about our squad, they will say Kane and Son yeh and be very meh about the rest of it.
A scan through any match thread here would show you numerous fans do not overrate their own squad.

My point is considering some teams we've had in the past and the opportunities available to us we should have won at least something.
Even Wenger was able to do it with impressively poor teams.

Son is quite liked amongst many fans in fact Pool where making up some rumour that they were gonna buy him off us.

The bitter taste of 5 wasted years and nothing to show will always remain.

Ironically, failure is the only thing that trickles down from trickle down economics.

Whilst I agree that lack of investment is the reason weve declined...itd be nice to see some actual proof we could have spent all this money before blaming it all on Levy....we simply dont/didnt have the revenue of the other big 6 so we cannot compare ourselves to them

This is the reality of modern football..money almoat always determines long term sucess
sad, unromantic but true

And he recently said we need stop the obsession with spending money!
He actually had the audacity to mutter those fucking words.

He never said anything about his obsession with making money though .

How interesting :sonhmm:

Those quotes in that interview should have had supporters of this club incredibly pissed off, instead people were celebrating him and our owners for their vision.

You can't make it up mate, I don't know how many managers we have to sack for the penny to drop.

The thing is, it's much cheaper for our owners to sack a manager than it is to overhaul the squad, Mourinho was brought in as a big name to try and stop the rot and more importantly, so people don't accuse our owners of lack of ambition and yet the proof is in the pudding as they say, that interview laid out just how ambitious they are imo.

Whilst I agree that lack of investment is the reason weve declined...itd be nice to see some actual proof we could have spent all this money before blaming it all on Levy....we simply dont/didnt have the revenue of the other big 6 so we cannot compare ourselves to them

This is the reality of modern football..money almoat always determines long term sucess
sad, unromantic but true
There are other midtable teams who have invested more than us...

A scan through any match thread here would show you numerous fans do not overrate their own squad.

My point is considering some teams we've had in the past and the opportunities available to us we should have won at least something.
Even Wenger was able to do it with impressively poor teams.

Son is quite liked amongst many fans in fact Pool where making up some rumour that they were gonna buy him off us.

The bitter taste of 5 wasted years and nothing to show will always remain.

5 wasted years? What about the past 20 years, Poch until his final year had us playing better than we have had for decades and even on the way down got us to a CL final.

Yes it’s annoying not winning things but looks at our competition, City and Chelsea with unlimited money, Liverpool investing well with Klopp. Our chance was the Leicester season when everyone was crap and our team wasn’t quite ready. There is a large element of bad luck.

What isnt bad luck is that teams that invest and scout well generally do better. Much of our squad is finished.

sad, unromantic but true

If they can't afford to take us to the next level then why are they here? That's the real question.

Well I think we all know the answer, because they have no intention of selling whilst it still makes them a profit, they couldn't give any less of a fuck about what that means for the supporters.

They basically have us trapped in their investment scheme with no way out unless someone is going to come in and pay utterly ludicrous money to take us over which frankly I can't see happening.

sad, unromantic but true
People seem to forget that before the loan being put into long term debt, the whole £Gazillion would have needed to be paid back by 2022 IIRC
Once it was made long term we spent our whole profit on players, wages etc
If that doesn't continue next summer I'll be in the Levy out camp

Those quotes in that interview should have had supporters of this club incredibly pissed off, instead people were celebrating him and our owners for their vision.

You can't make it up mate, I don't know how many managers we have to sack for the penny to drop.

The thing is, it's much cheaper for our owners to sack a manager than it is to overhaul the squad, Mourinho was brought in as a big name to try and stop the rot and more importantly, so people don't accuse our owners of lack of ambition and yet the proof is in the pudding as they say, that interview laid out just how ambitious they are imo.
The words are not lost on all of us mate I have already alluded to it several times ENIC are not interested in making this club trophy successful, only increased revenue is what stirs their loins people need to wise up to them.

5 wasted years? What about the past 20 years, Poch until his final year had us playing better than we have had for decades and even on the way down got us to a CL final.

Yes it’s annoying not winning things but looks at our competition, City and Chelsea with unlimited money, Liverpool investing well with Klopp. Our chance was the Leicester season when everyone was crap and our team wasn’t quite ready. There is a large element of bad luck.

What isnt bad luck is that teams that invest and scout well generally do better. Much of our squad is finished.
How many billions and how many lost cups would it take for you to say enough is enough.

How many more wasted years could you take.

Another 5, 10, 15 maybe?

Our owners said the stadium wouldn't make any difference on spending towards the team so I don't see how that's relevant whatsoever.
People seem to forget that before the loan being put into long term debt, the whole £Gazillion would have needed to be paid back by 2022 IIRC
Once it was made long term we spent our whole profit on players, wages etc
If that doesn't continue next summer I'll be in the Levy out camp

Back
Top Bottom