Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's not the point.
He's a player that Poch wanted and Levy failed to deliver. A regular pattern with our chairman.
When Klopp wanted him, he got him.
It's what you call backing the fucking manager
Wijnaldum said he met Poch but felt Liverpool wanted him more. Didn’t mention Levy once.

Did Levy or Poch fail to get the player?

Kane would not get in the liverpool first 11 ahead of Firmino because Kane's role of being a goalscorer is played by Salah and Mane both of whom run like maniacs and score goals in abundance. In fact Salah not only scores comparable numbers to Kane but completely destroys him in the number of goals he creates for others. The number of assists Kane gets a season , someone can count with one hand with fingers missing. Firmino's interplay and passing is far superior to Kane's which is why the other 2 score so much.

If Klopp was asked, would you want to replace any of your front 3 with a slower guy, less creative player instead of firmino, he will tell you to fuck off.
I don't think Liverpool or city would particularly want any of our players. Massive overhaul needed.

I don't think Liverpool or city would particularly want any of our players. Massive overhaul needed.
Thing is we don't have bad player's otherwise we wouldn't have made top Four a number of times or make finals and semi finals, it's more of a case that they are playing badly no motivation or enthusiasm along with managers tactics, selection etc.
Poch I think was a good motivator originally but beyond that I think his tactical nous is limited and indeed he himself has over achieved, and now I think he needs pastures new to find himself.

Wijnaldum said he met Poch but felt Liverpool wanted him more. Didn’t mention Levy once.

Did he not sign for 90K odd back in 2016? He would have been one of our highest paid players back then, doubt he would have gotten that with us back then.

Did he not sign for 90K odd back in 2016? He would have been one of our highest paid players back then, doubt he would have gotten that with us back then.
Seems strange we wouldn’t find out salary expectations before meeting with him. If it got to the stage he met with the manager, I’d assume we’d agreed a fee and at least been told ballpark salary.

Seems like a waste of everyone’s time otherwise.

Thing is we don't have bad player's otherwise we wouldn't have made top Four a number of times or make finals and semi finals, it's more of a case that they are playing badly no motivation or enthusiasm along with managers tactics, selection etc.
Poch I think was a good motivator originally but beyond that I think his tactical nous is limited and indeed he himself has over achieved, and now I think he needs pastures new to find himself.
No we aren't a crap team. But top 4 at best. Which means you have to hope our best players stay content with our top 4 trophy every year. Or else they lose motivation & intensity. Which I believe is happening now & will happen to a new manager if he is able to build us up to ever equal poch's amazing record of top 4 finishes & even a CL final.

Yeah both him & mane got offered much bigger wages by Liverpool which seems logical considering their wage bill is much higher than ours. Money talks I'm afraid.

Thats different. There he plays for the team. With spurs he cares far too much about the golden boots is at times ridiculous. Replacing a selfless player like Firmino with a selfish one would completely unbalance them.
Aye because Liverpool don’t have selfish strikers. Mane and Salah didn’t fall out recently about being ball greedy. You talk such pish.

No we aren't a crap team. But top 4 at best. Which means you have to hope our best players stay content with our top 4 trophy every year. Or else they lose motivation & intensity. Which I believe is happening now & will happen to a new manager if he is able to build us up to ever equal poch's amazing record of top 4 finishes & even a CL final.
The clubs ambition to pursue silverware will always be a problem because it's not what they crave.

Don’t expect John to address that.....it doesn’t fit his agenda.
(Like when Klopp wanted Pepe and Liverpool didn’t back him)
So just for you John...in case you missed it:

“I had a really good conversation with Pochettino. But we didn’t come to an agreement“
Wijnaldum

“When I spoke with Jurgen he made me feel really good.”
Wijnaldum

:pochcmon:

Don’t expect John to address that.....it doesn’t fit his agenda.
So just for you John...in case you missed it:

“I had a really good conversation with Pochettino. But we didn’t come to an agreement“
Wijnaldum

“When I spoke with Jurgen he made me feel really good.”
Wijnaldum

:pochcmon:
Yes. The main stumbing block, if I remember, we weren't prepared to offer the wages Liverpool were prepared to pay.

No wonder Jurgen made him feel real good :pocheyes:

I think we low balled on the asking price too didn't we.

No wonder it he didn't really feel wanted:levyeyes:

Although I guess your now gonna tell us Poch sets the transfer budget and wage remunerations

:harrylol:

Yes. The main stumbing block, if I remember, we weren't prepared to offer the wages Liverpool were prepared to pay.

No wonder Jurgen made him feel real good :pocheyes:

I think we low balled on the asking price too didn't we.

No wonder it he didn't really feel wanted:levyeyes:

Although I guess your now gonna tell us Poch sets the transfer budget and wage remunerations

:harrylol:
No John that’s your fantasy.
The quotes say exactly what happened.

Back
Top Bottom