Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
60,000 turning up every week prove you are talking shit JT ... go look at any Spurs fans surveys and then think again ... you making the most anti-Levy posts every week means nothing to anyone.
So by your logic 70,000 turning up at old Trafford every week proves they all support Ed Woodward, 50,000 at St James Park is a huge endorsement of Mike Ashley, and a full house at Anfield every week showed that Liverpool fans all supported Gillette and Hicks?

Of course it doesn't.
What it shows is that football fans of all persuasions are passionate about their team and will invest a large chunk of their life and their wealth into that passion, regardless of their view of the custodians

Something that ENIC are only too aware of and milking as the years go by.

You're either being incredibly naive, or just blatantly trolling.
Hopefully its the former

So by your logic 70,000 turning up at old Trafford every week proves they all support Ed Woodward, 50,000 at St James Park is a huge endorsement of Mike Ashley, and a full house at Anfield every week showed that Liverpool fans all supported Gillette and Hicks?

Of course it doesn't.
What it shows is that football fans of all persuasions are passionate about their team and will invest a large chunk of their life and their wealth into that passion.

Hopefully its the former
Good point.

NO JOHN - USE YOUR BRAIN

you were the one claiming the MAJORITY were against ENIC I just pointed out how absurd your position was ... just as I can't know the crowd are for ENIC nor can you know they are against ENIC either ... so how do you find out? you do a poll and see the results.

What does the poll say? 72.4% don't want Levy out .... your own feckin' poll John ... read it absorb the truth and then howl at the moon all you want ... a loud minority is still a minority - why can't you get that?

ENIC have well and truly brainwashed some people at our club, it's honestly scary how deeply embedded they have managed to get into some of our supporters heads.

Some people truly believe we can do no better than ENIC and that any other option means guaranteed failure or bankruptcy for the club, fucking incredible when you think about it, they truly are delusional.
Keep this current nonsense up and it will be a half empty stadium within two years time....
I still think it’s too harsh to judge the “benefits” of the new stadium just yet....this summer however will tell every single one of us, from Levy fanatics to Levy haters what ENICS true vision actually is, if we are not signing some established top top quality players then it’s clear to see, we actually are being taken for mugs...

Keep this current nonsense up and it will be a half empty stadium within two years time....
I still think it’s too harsh to judge the “benefits” of the new stadium just yet....this summer however will tell every single one of us, from Levy fanatics to Levy haters what ENICS true vision actually is, if we are not signing some established top top quality players then it’s clear to see, we actually are being taken for mugs...

We signed one last summer 60m - not working out so well - if it was just about spending money then fair enough, remember we did after all spend 150m last season ... Liverpool spent nothing ... it's also about getting the right players - Aston Villa spent 160m how is that working out?

I agree the club needs to keep the cash rolling this summer, but you measure our owners on what they do over the twenty years they've been here not on one window ...

We bought five quality players last summer how soon people forget that .....

We were shit for forty years - half empty stadium? want to put some money on that?

We signed one last summer 60m - not working out so well - if it was just about spending money then fair enough, remember we did after all spend 150m last season ... Liverpool spent nothing ... it's also about getting the right players - Aston Villa spent 160m how is that working out?

I agree the club needs to keep the cash rolling this summer, but you measure our owners on what they do over the twenty years they've been here not on one window ...

We bought five quality players last summer how soon people forget that .....

We were shit for forty years - half empty stadium? want to put some money on that?
Ndombele? Who actually heard of him and who actually thought he was an established player to be honest? YouTube can play tricks with the mind....
I’m talking about buying players who have had 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 years at a top club doing top quality things, not a medium sized fish in the French league.....

Ndombele? Who actually heard of him and who actually thought he was an established player to be honest? YouTube can play tricks with the mind....
I’m talking about buying players who have had 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 years at a top club doing top quality things, not a medium sized fish in the French league.....
100% agree ... we've done far to much speculative spending trying to match the big boys on little boys money ... Poch had a plan not clear what that was but it failed, we're now fixing that.

Anyone think Mourinho will settle for some little know super hyped players? has he ever? Big names big money that's his modus operandi ... ENIC/Levy know that ...

The reason we brought in Mourinho was to move to the very top level, to not back him now would be insane, the squad, despite our recent results is bloody good, add two REAL class players just as you suggest and were right up there.

As always this summer will be massive ... let's at least see how it plays out before we lose our shit.

Last edited:
YESSSsss!! Levy has done it he's finished SECOND on the highest paid list.
YOU LITTLE DANCER!!

This is a day Spurs fans will never forget!

EScmmo4WAAA7xWZ
You just have to watch the treat he has created on the pitch to realise he deserves it. We are being spoilt this season. I demand another 5m bonus & 6 days extra holiday for the infallible one.

Excellent post. Castigating the board for “not spending” when we were spending hundreds of millions to allow us to spend more in the future is nonsense.

But, now, we have the infrastructure in place. We have started to spend big money. If it continues or not in the next couple of windows, who knows, but it’ll show us all what our priorities are.

If we go penny pinching again, with no reason this time, I’ll be first on the protest march.

You just have to watch the treat he has created on the pitch to realise he deserves it. We are being spoilt this season. I demand another 5m bonus & 6 days extra holiday for the infallible one.

LOL I got abuse in another thread for referring to that. Got told off that I was "lying".

This is where the ENIC cuck brigade has ended up.

Of course it doesn't.
What it shows is that football fans of all persuasions are passionate about their team and will invest a large chunk of their life and their wealth into that passion, regardless of their view of the custodians

Hopefully its the former

Football fans will support their team if owned by people with links to the KGB or massive human rights issues.

And football owners know this all too well.

It’s a way of life for some people.
My respect for people who go to all home and away games is massive. Especially with the costs involved and the time factor. Incredible commitment.

Yep. I pay myself most money in my company. And the staff get a good salary that they can live comfortably on, but also enjoy a serious uplift based on performance. So yes, I defend it.

And we are growin and looking at a new office. If I’d doubled all the money we made on recruiting staff (transfers) or high salaries, I’d not be able to afford it. Wow, almost like us moving stadium isn’t it? Strange how we seem to be running things in line with other successful organisations.

Cue, “but it a football club not a business”. Sorry, it’s not.
Is it a Haggis Export company?😀

I do hope ENIC change their ways.

I pretty much had the same mentality you did and told myself that's the last straw- though it was more like last 3 or 4 straws as I made excuses each summer/window and gave Levy the benefit of the doubt. The market is insane I told myself, signings are difficult, we're saving for the stadium, we'll spend after we get champions league money etc.
I even used to defend the stingy greedy slaphead at times.

His last statement on spending killed much hope though. Coupled with Jose's comments on not needing an overhaul. I'd be onboard with quality over quantity but we need both after yrs of severe underinvestment.

His bald head looked a bit old for the first time when he was on camera for couple of seconds yesterday. It always looked about the same to me shiny and all. It made me feel bad for him for a second probably from a previous thought I had going which was about Spurs scouts keep wasting stupid money on a long list of flops since the bale money with the latest being the 65m middlefielder who can't run nor want the ball. But then I was like wait, wake the fuck up. I am not the one calling shots. The devil is.

Mourinho is the last throw of the dice for ENIC, if it fails the only way is down. We'll be getting in Eddie Howe and just giving some buttons and a piece of fluff to spend.

A long but interesting read...

THST meeting with the Spurs Board: Report
3/6/2020

On the evening of Monday 2 March 2020, representatives of the Trust Board met with representatives of the Spurs Executive Board and senior Club staff for a scheduled 'Board to Board' meeting. The following notes from the session have been signed off by both the Trust and the Club.

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Board to Board Meeting

Monday 2 March 2020
Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co Ltd, Lilywhite House

THST Board:
Martin Cloake, Co-chair (MC)
Katrina Law, Co-chair (KL)
Pete Haine, Secretary (PH)
Anthoulla Achilleos (AA)
Michael Green (MG)
Rachel Martin (RM)
Rob White (RW)

THFC Board:
Daniel Levy, Chairman (DL)
Donna-Maria Cullen, Executive Director (DMC)
Simon Bamber, Director (SB)
Levi Harris, Supporter Liaison Officer (LH)
Ian Murphy, Head of Ticketing (IM)
Eileen Williams, Safety Officer (EW)
Simon Felstein, Head of Communications (SF)
Tiggy Thompson, Head of Supporter Experience (TT)

Apologies:
Dean Smith, Safety Officer (DS)
Jon Babbs, Stadium Director (JB)

REPORT AND ACTION POINTS
1. Outstanding action points from the last meeting on 8 October 2019

1.1 IM to confirm the mix of paid, charitable and sponsors mascot places at each Cat A, B and C game currently:
• DMC to follow up with THST outside of the meeting as the data being used by the media for comparisons is inconsistent
• KL asked that the mascot pricing and package is clearly defined to stop the annual round of questions on this topic each spring!
• DMC clarified that the package is listed on Ask Spurs
Action: DMC provide mascot data

1.2 IM committed to review the mix of mascot places over the coming months:
• As above

1.3 JB invited THST to shadow the match day operation and visit the control room etc. JB to follow up with MC outside of this meeting to arrange suitable matches:
• LH extended an invitation to THST Board members to shadow any non-Category C/ Category C Increased Risk game
Action: KL / MC to follow up with EW to arrange suitable matches

1.4 THST agreed to document visits to European away games this season and pass onto THFC:
• Covered in 3.6

1.5 KL/MC agreed to table an agenda point around the closing of the summer transfer window in the upcoming Premier League structured dialogue session at the end of the month:
• Covered in 3.5

1.6 THST asked LH to provide an explanation of how the Head of Supporter Experience, the Supporter Liaison Officer, the Head of Fan Relationship Management and the Head of Customer Service all interact, what are their areas of responsibility, areas of overlap, how and what they deliver for the fans. LH replied in writing:

Head of Supporter Experience
Responsibilities:
- Managing the Club’s Contact Centre, dealing with phone and email enquiries across a range of Ticketing, Membership, Retail, Tours and Matchday issues
- Constantly reviewing key customer complaint drivers to make improvements to our website, stadium and processes to improve overall experience and allowing fans to get the answers they need quickly and efficiently and advising Heads of Department of customer feedback
- Own the Club’s inbound call system
- Quality assessing the delivery of events from a fan/customer experience perspective

Supporter Liaison Officer

Responsibilities:
- Acting as a link between the Club and the fanbase, predominantly through relationship management of THST, Proud Lilywhites or the Disabled Supporters’ Association to ensure good communications between Club and supporters
- Working with individuals and groups of fans on a range of issues and initiatives such as the Y-word consultation, matchday atmosphere and fan-related policies
- Managing the Access Team, which is responsible for all aspects of the disabled fan experience
- Managing the Club’s Fanbassadors, the team that welcomes and provides help to supporters arriving at the stadium on matchdays
- Communicating transport information, covering general stadium information and for home, away and European matches.

Head of Fan Relationship Management
Fan Relationship Management team is the equivalent of a CRM team with fan rather than customer at its core
Responsibilities:
- Managing existing fan data
- Growing the fan database
- Managing the OH membership programme
- Managing Supporters’ Clubs

Head of Customer Service
This role was vacated and the remit now falls under the Head of Supporter Experience.

Collaboration
All three roles report into the Executive Director, working together to ensure that supporter experience is optimised on matchdays and non-matchdays. On a day to day level, their areas of responsibility work together, such as when the Contact Centre takes calls from supporters purchasing membership (Head of Supporter Experience and Head of FRM) or when feedback from THST and individual fans has been received on a particular issue, leading to a change in process or policy (Supporter Liaison Officer and Head of Supporter Experience).

1.7 IM to consider opening up Exchange and Share in that last week before a cup game so as to give both One Hotspur members and Season Ticket holders an opportunity to fill their seats if they can’t attend at the last minute:
• Covered in 4.2

2. ENIC at 20
2.1 Team and business strategy:
• MC said that the time since the last meeting of the Trust and Club Boards had been eventful, prompting many questions from fans. THST wanted to give the Club Board the opportunity to explain the events of the past six months and expand on what this meant for the strategy of the Club going forwards
• DL felt it was important to consider the journey as a whole since ENIC took over in 2001. The Club now has the best training facilities and the best stadium in the world and has spent 13 out of the last 14 seasons in European competition. The Club is run in a sustainable way, for the long term
• DL believes the Club has something unique. Two major projects have been completed and more than ever it has the capacity to move to a higher level on the sporting front
• It was critical to build the new stadium. It wouldn’t have been possible to sustain Champions League football in a 36,000-seater stadium
• DL said that no Club has a divine right to win a competition or to be in a competition, but stressed THFC are in it to win
• MC said that fans were not judging transfer policy on one or two windows, but over a longer period when it seemed Spurs were unable to do what other clubs did
• DL responded that Spurs has a net base spend of £200m in the last four years on players but maintained there is little correlation between money spent and winning
• The Club has invested £1.6bn in infrastructure in 19 years and has maintained solvency. DL stressed the challenges with so many competing pulls on finances
• DL explained that the Board has had to take a long-term view to protect the Club. He said he takes lots of criticism and has broad shoulders, and needs to have in his position
• DL stressed that he does not talk about individual colleagues, members of staff, playing staff etc. in public as he feels that is private. He would ask that fans trust that the Board has the best interests of the Club at heart and remain fiercely ambitious

2.2 Learnings from last manager’s tenure and departure:
• MC asked if the Board had learned anything about itself from Mauricio Pochettino’s tenure and departure
• DL felt it would not be appropriate to publicly discuss details on MP’s departure but wished him well for the future
• DL said that changing a manager mid-season is difficult and the Club needed to appoint someone who would have the instant respect of the players
• KL asked if there had been a shortlist of candidates for the managerial role
• DL said that Jose had been the overwhelming first choice

2.3 The current project:
• MC said much had been made of the Club’s project over the last five years. Where was that now?
• DL insisted that nothing had changed in terms of strategy and didn’t recall ever using the word ‘project’
• The Club is still focussed on bringing through youth players
• FFP has now made it impossible for rich investors to write a blank cheque to buy a league title and clubs generally are now required to spend according to their means
• The significant bad luck with injuries was mentioned as something out of anyone’s control
• The reality is that Spurs need to continue to compete at the highest level with the ambition to win

2.4 Wages and transfer policy:
• DL felt it was wrong to say Spurs didn’t pay competitive wages
• Spurs is a Club that makes superstars. Jose Mourinho wants to bring in players who give everything for the Club because they recognise the opportunity
• People need to understand there’s a DNA in the dressing room. DL spoke of Harry Winks being given the captaincy for the Wolves match and how proud he was to have watched Harry progress through the ranks. Keeping that philosophy is really important. DL believes Spurs are different and have a unique character
• KL asked about high-profile contract issues. DL said it wasn’t in the Club’s interests to say “X didn’t want to sign a new contract with us” etc. There are lots of rumours around players and potential transfers and DL and the Board can’t control what the media say
• DMC said that being with a London-based club that plays in Europe regularly can make it more difficult for players to find other clubs to move to because they have minimum expectations.
• MC asked why the Club is in a position where we have only one first-team striker
• DL said there are lots of attacking players in the squad. The club was disappointed not to be able to bring in another striker but pleased they were able to bring in another attacking player in the recent window
• KL asked for a brief explanation of how player recruitment worked at Spurs now
• DL explained that the process is unchanged. The Chief Scout – Steve Hitchen; the Head Coach - Jose Mourinho; the Chairman – DL; the Head of the Academy - John McDermott (if it concerned a youth player) along with the Head of Football Administration – Rebecca Caplehorn – were involved in the process
• SH and JM would discuss what areas needed strengthening and who might be an option, considering age, salary expectations, nationality, language etc.
• The list would be narrowed down and then presented to DL
• The list would be put in order and they’d then see what was possible
• DL stressed how difficult it was to do a transfer both in and out, especially considering that the liquidity in the market has decreased

2.5 Communicating on and off-field performance:
• KL suggested that, given strong feelings among certain fans about Jose Mourinho, it would be beneficial to give fans the chance to meet him in person
• DMC confirmed the Club will be organising a Fans Forum with JM in the near future
• KL asked if JM is happy in his role at Spurs
• SF said yes, he is and he is enjoying it

2.6 Fan perception of club financial position:
• MC said that many fans recognise how well the Club is run from a business point of view, but wonder why they are still hearing that Spurs can’t really compete on field
• DL asked whether ‘compete’ meant spend lots of money? He re-emphasised that he doesn’t believe there’s a direct correlation between winning and spending money. It’s about making the right decisions
• Funds were ring-fenced for the summer however not qualifying for Champions League would have an impact all round
• KL said that most fans didn’t expect the Club to spend big but there have been several times over the past decade when we seemed to be a couple of players away from greater success and failed to bolster in those areas. Have others been smarter in their recruitment?
• DL commented that external perceptions of transfers can be different to the facts and also to what a manager might wish to do
• MG asked what the sustainable cashflow was. DL replied that was commercially sensitive, but the Club would maximise the money coming in to reinvest
• DMC stated that every penny made was reinvested back into the Club. Dividends were not paid to shareholders
• MG asked about the strategy of ENIC as majority shareholders given the lack of financial return in the form of dividends
• DL responded that the expectation was that income reinvestment would grow the equity value but that there was no intention to sell and that no valuation had been made of the equity value
• Non-footballing events are generating income. All profits are ploughed back into the football club
• KL asked for an example of how those revenues from other events worked
• DMC said a rent is charged for use of the stadium and the Club takes a percentage of food and beverage per event
• MG asked if financial results could be published sooner, to give a better indication of the current position. DMC said there would be a full financial update in March, as usual.
• There is no update on sleeve and stadium sponsorship at this stage

2.7 Defining success:
• MC asked, in the context of a trophyless decade, what success would look like in five years
• DL said he wanted to win, but also wanted the Club to still be here for future generations – competing in domestic and European competitions at the highest levels

3. League wide issues
3.1 VAR:
• RM asked for DL’s view of VAR, given discussions at Premier League level about whether to continue with this
• DL feels there are two extreme views on VAR: the purists who want 100% of the decisions right every time and those who don’t want VAR at all
• DL is conscious that football is in the business of entertaining fans and, at the moment, fans can’t even celebrate a goal
• DL’s view is that VAR should be used for clear and obvious errors – not ones that take an eternity to resolve. If it’s not obvious then the decision should stand
• DL is looking for improvements and if those can be made then VAR should stay

3.2 UEFA Super League:
• PH asked for DL’s position on the Super League proposals. The Premier League’s position is to oppose the original proposals but these have been modified and awaiting a final set of ideas
• DL said there was nothing to discuss on this at this stage, however feels he has to be open minded
• MC flagged the concerns around European Games being played at weekends, about a closed league and about the impact on domestic competitions
• PH asked for DL’s view on the Qatar World Cup and Club World Cup
• DL found it incredible that the Qatar World Cup is going ahead in the middle of the European season, but said all leagues and Clubs in Europe are in the same boat
• DL felt the Club World Cup would probably happen but it wasn’t clear how many teams from Europe would be involved yet. DL would like Spurs to take part in that. It could replace an overseas tour and offer a more competitive edge for the players
• However, there would be problems for the fixture calendar with too many games already. The FA is currently looking at how to ease pressure

3.3 Playing competitive matches abroad:
• FIFA announced last week that this was outlawed, which helpfully answered the question!

3.4 3pm blackout:
• PH asked if there are current discussions on changing this, and if the Club has a position
• DL responded that, at the moment, the Clubs are not in favour of diluting leagues
• THST clarified that it defaulted to the FSA position on this in valuing the football pyramid, protecting lower league teams and their gates. THST would like to see evidence of the potential impact before anything changes
• THST recognises that in 2020, the way fans consume content is vastly different to how it was a generation ago, however

3.5 Closing of the transfer window:
• The Premier League has now realigned the closing of the summer transfer window with the rest of Europe

3.6 UEFA competition standards:
• RM referenced the work undertaken by THST alongside the other English clubs competing in the UEFA Finals last summer and subsequent lobbying via Football Supporters Europe around ticket allocations, capacity, pricing, infrastructure, facilities and equality. Is the Club able to work with the fans to push UEFA to address some fundamental requirements for their showpiece finals?
• DL wasn’t up to speed with specific ticketing details but recognised the work done by THST and the need to hold UEFA to account
• DMC asked if THST was in discussions with the Premier League about them lobbying UEFA around competition standards. KL agreed to pick up with senior stakeholders at the PL and suggested the FA should also be involved. Action: KL to speak with PL to ask for a co-ordinated approach from the clubs around UEFA standards
• DMC reported that THFC is monitoring stadia accessibility throughout this season’s UCL run. Accessibility should be a mandatory requirement for any club playing in European competition
• THST assured the Club Board that the experience of supporting your team in Europe was a far cry from the glamour projected by UEFA. DMC said that she didn’t underestimate that and admired those who travel to Euro away games considering the usual conditions and treatment of fans
• MC referred to the excellent piece in The Athletic by Matt Slater lifting the lid on the real fan experience on the continent

3.7 Standing:
• DMC reported that the Sports Ground Safety Authority has been extremely complimentary about the role Spurs has played in getting to where we are today as regards the review into Standing in the top two flights of English football
• The Club Board has now engaged with three Sports Ministers and has received a generally positive response to the “Choice to sit, Choice to stand” message
• The Government ministers and the SGSA have all been impressed with the integrated safety bars installed at the front of the South Stand and in the away section and have been very closely monitoring arrangements in our new stadium
• The SGSA released results of its initial review into standing last month and it was hoped that would move onto the next stage shortly with details to be confirmed soon
• MC said one of the main challenges for Safety Officers and Stewards is defining persistent standing. There is no definition at present
• DMC said the SGSA and Government recognises the need for that to be resolved
• EW explained the need to be fluid. The Safety team ran all football events at the new stadium dynamically from both a customer service and a safety point of view, trying to be as positive and reactive as possible. A decision to clamp down on standing at any time throughout areas of the ground without the integrated safety bars would not be helpful to that approach

4. Ticketing
4.1 Season Ticket package:
• Season Ticket pricing for the 2020-21 campaign was announced a few weeks ago and the Trust has made its position on the decision to increase prices clear. With the decision already made, THST wanted to focus on the impact on the value of a Season Ticket, on fan reaction and on the increasing calls to show some good will
• In earlier conversations, THST had asked that the Club review the wider season ticket package and consider how that could work harder for fans
• KL talked through the areas THST urged the Club to explore:
o Reintroducing cup credits for domestic cup matches
o Priority pricing for ST holders in cup games
o Commitment to offer a group stage pack at priority price for UEFA games
o Rewarding ST holders with food and beverage credits, shop voucher etc.
o Free programme offers
o Surprise credits on app
• DMC said that there was a review underway across Fan Relationship Management and Supporter Experience
• KL requested a meeting with LH and TT to discuss the fan experience as a whole
Action: KL to contact LH to arrange fan experience meeting
• Despite THST pressing, the Club didn’t commit to any of the suggestions made by the Trust to increase the value of a season ticket to fans. THST will continue to push for these measures to be adopted

4.2 Concessions policy:
• KL explained the Trust position on concessions and gave background details for context.
• When the Club informed THST of the ST price rise, THST asked for a freeze on concessionary tickets. This was declined
• THST then discovered through THST members that all concessions had been removed from Ticket Exchange (TEX). These had been added as a result of Trust lobbying at the start of this season
• There is a wider issue with concessions in football. None are offered on the continent, there’s a creep in price for Senior away tickets especially in the Premier League, and most English venues only offer restricted areas where concessions are honoured
• KL asked for the logic behind the decision to remove concessionary tickets from TEX
• DMC said the Club had trialled offering concessions on TEX but had lost money due to the number of Adult Season Ticket seats selling at Junior/ Senior prices on the platform. There were also issues with safeguarding. More single seats were listed on TEX and that created problems with juniors under 14 potentially sitting on their own. The Club would not be reintroducing concessions onto the Exchange platform in its current iteration and its position is available for all to read on the Ask Spurs portal
• THST felt this decision was unfair on the many One Hotspur members who relied on TEX to access match tickets. Only 8,000 seats (c 13% of the ground) are available to One Hotspur members during the original member sales windows, and a lot less at concessionary rates. To penalise OH members who aren’t lucky enough to buy in the original sales windows is unfair and to charge double on TEX is also unethical. TEX is an essential part of the ticketing mix at the Club and One Hotspur members with concessionary memberships should be able to purchase concessionary seats on the platform
• AA asked about the platform tech and whether it was identifying junior members at both sales and purchase point because, overall, any money ‘lost’ when an adult sells to a concession is ‘gained’ when a concession sells to an adult, so the financial impact should be negligible, especially considering the limited number of seats available to concessions throughout the stadium
Action: IM to check the sales parameters on TEX for identifying concessionary members and concessionary seats
• AA asked how the Club handled safeguarding in a members’ sale window
• DMC replied that fewer single seats are on sale at that stage
• KL said that by removing all junior concessions from TEX, those juniors aged 14, 15, 16, 17 were being denied the chance to buy concessionary seats, as safeguarding only applies to those aged under 14 and the junior range goes up to under 18
• DMC said the technical side of the platform would also be reviewed in terms of giving greater flexibility
• THST requested that the technical requirements be identified and implemented as it’s extremely important that concessions are offered on the Ticket Exchange platform. The Trust will continue to follow up on this point
• It was agreed that the discussion was becoming too detailed for this meeting and would continue separately. THST registered its view that a policy decision would eventually be needed, and that it had made clear what it wanted that policy to be
Action: THFC to continue TEX concessions discussion with THST

4.3 Match day pricing:
• KL asked whether there might be a change in match day pricing given the season ticket price rise
• IM confirmed that the Category A, B and C prices would be announced in June, once the teams in the division for next season were known

4.4 Renewal and relocation process:
• KL thanked LH and IM for their time on a detailed ticketing call recently where the renewal and relocation process for Season Ticket holders had been discussed. THST has encouraged the Club to put out as much information as possible in as simple a way as possible to fans
• IM will use THST to sense check Club renewal and relocation comms before releasing later this month
• THST recapped the key questions coming into their info account at present:
o Why do I have to renew my current seat before moving?
o Why can’t I move into a free seat now?
o If I can’t be moved, can I get a refund?
o How will you prioritise seat move requests?
o What happens to my finance deal if the seat I move to is a different price?
• With regards to prioritising seat moves, THST asked to input into that process, agreeing that medical reasons should be a priority but wanting clarification on further criteria
Action: IM to include THST in discussions around relocation priority order

4.5 Away ticketing:
• KL explained that the pressure to clamp down harder on those buying away tickets for points and those selling away tickets on is increasing. The new sanctions and banning policies have helped with transparency of tariffs and the Club is keeping to those tariffs in the cases the Trust has been involved with
• THST believes that the present system of allocating away tickets is still the fairest, but abuse of the system is growing and that needs addressing
• THST has suggested several ways in which tech could be harnessed, including moving to mobile ticketing and using QR codes at away venues
• IM confirmed that the Club would be using tech at European Away games where fans will have to use their registered handset to scan a code in resort before being awarded any ticketing points
• For domestic away games, spot checks have been increased with more fans being asked to collect on the day with photo ID. But any system implemented at domestic away games relies on the host Club
• Liverpool has trialled using home season tickets for an away match at Crystal Palace and IM is in talks with Palace about a further trial for our last match of the season
• KL thought publicising the number of fans banned for selling or passing on away tickets would be a good deterrent
Action: LH and IM will be providing those figures to THST at the end of the season
• IM felt that fans need to meet the Club halfway. They need to report instances of selling on

5. Anti-discrimination work
5.1 Debrief from the Rudiger incident:
• MC asked for the Club’s view on the way the Rudiger case had been handled
• DMC thought the Club had been thorough and fair albeit the incorrect protocol had been applied by the referee which had frustrated the Club and fans
• EW confirmed that CFC were part of the investigation with the player involved, manager and safety officer all consulted on the day and throughout
• MC said the Trust is keen to see that there is a better balance struck in future between addressing the needs of all parties in such cases
• DMC asked for clarification of this point and it was agreed to continue the discussion in a separate forum
• Action: MC and DMC to continue anti-discrimination conversation outside of the meeting
• There had been a meeting between the Club and Kick It Out earlier in the day (2 March) with DMC and DL present
• MC and KL reported that the Trust had met with KIO and Show Racism the Red Card in order to bolster work around anti-discrimination
• MC asked that THST is kept in the loop should there be incidents at our stadium
• MC asked how consultation over the so-called Y Word is progressing
• LH reported that the next stage would be underway shortly, with discussion sessions convened involving those who said they wanted to participate. THST will be represented at those sessions

6. Stewarding and fan safety
6.1 • MC hoped that now the new stadium was bedding in, THST and the Club’s Safety team could get back to a more collegiate working relationship
• MC thought the sanctions and banning policies worked on jointly by THFC, THST and the FSA’s Director of Casework, Amanda Jacks, had given much needed clarity to fans
• LH explained how the Club is open to an educational approach to dealing with offenders and has dealt with a recent case with the help of a Kick It Out educational session
• MC also wanted to put on record that while the Trust backed a rehabilitative approach where appropriate, it also recognised that victims in these cases expected some redress
• KL asked if the Appeals Panel had been called upon yet. THST had reservations about the composition of the Panel (2 Club employees and 1 independent) but had agreed to review after 6 months
• LH said that the Club would be looking at convening a remote Panel shortly, to maximise best use of time
• MC felt there were still issues where Senior Safety Officer instructions were not cascading down to stewards on the ground
• EW explained that stewards are always briefed to be professional and that the service element should always come first. But there is also a human element and quite often when stories circulate, they’re not the full story
• MC emphasised that sharing information was key here
• KL asked for an update on moving stewards in house and into direct employment as opposed to hiring via agencies. THFC has offered another 50 positions to new stewards recently. Some 300+ directly employed stewards are deployed in premium areas at present and THFC is looking to widen those out into other areas to integrate the level of expertise

7. AOB
7.1 Amazon documentary:
• RW asked about the Amazon documentary currently being filmed at the Club. It seemed like a curious decision for a Club with a reputation for privacy. Who made that call and how is it going?
• DL confirmed that everyone had been informed and everyone was on board
• DMC said that Amazon is a very good partner for the Club. Not just commercially but in terms of global awareness, audience and reach
• SF said that it is going really well so far. Most of the cameras at the training ground and in areas of the stadium are fixed so feel less intrusive than being followed around by a camera crew. Staff are considering what makes good content throughout their day-to-day roles and making interesting contributions

7.2 Atmosphere group:
• KL thanked LH for responding directly to fan suggestions and enquiries and for proactively arranging a meeting of a fan-based atmosphere group for later in March, where there will be Trust representation
• DMC underlined that the new stadium is designed to encourage a good atmosphere. The stands are very tight to the pitch, the areas with integrated safety bars which are future proofed for safe standing are there to encourage singing and vocal support, there is a single tier home end, etc .
• There was comment in the room around some retrofitting of facts relating to the atmosphere at White Hart Lane. All present remembered similar comments about lack of atmosphere at times. The Trust and Club had been involved in atmosphere initiatives previously
• THST feels that the atmosphere feeds off events on field to a certain extent but other factors including time and day of kick off, significance of the match, crowd demographic, pricing etc. all play a part
• More fan-made flags and banners would be welcomed by the Club
• LH is happy to explore fan suggestions and to approach upcoming discussions with an open mind
• THST felt it would be useful for those fans making suggestions to be directly involved

7.3 Museum:
• RW asked for an update on plans for the museum at the new stadium. Fans are taking the stadium tour and asking about it. The Club is missing out on a huge opportunity
• DL assured there would be a museum, however there was a list of priorities
• DMC added that original designs for the museum are also being updated to reflect the more immersive experiences popular these days, which is also taking time
• There is no projected opening date for the museum at this stage

7.4 THST Charity Quiz:
• THST invited the Club to field a team at the upcoming THST Charity Pub Quiz on Thursday 23 April at the Antwerp Arms, raising funds for Studio 306 Collective. The Club, with Ledley King, finished a respectable fifth last time out
• Action: LH to recruit a team of Club staff and register with THST
Action: THFC to add the Quiz to the list of local events on the Spurs App

ACTIONS
1.1 DMC provide THST with full breakdown of mascot package - DMC
1.3 KL / MC to follow up with EW to arrange suitable matches at which to shadow the match day safety operation - KL/ MC/ EW
3.6 KL speak with PL to ask for a coordinated approach from the Clubs around UEFA standards - KL
4.1 KL to contact LH to arrange fan experience meeting - KL
4.2 IM to check the sales parameters on TEX for identifying concessionary members and concessionary seats - IM
4.2 THFC to continue TEX concessions discussion with THST - IM/ LH
4.4 IM to liaise with THST to sense check Club renewal and relocation comms before release - IM
4.4 IM to include THST in discussions around seat relocation priority - IM
4.5 LH and IM to provide THST with figures for fans banned or suspended for ticketing offences at the end of the season - IM/ LH
5.1 MC and DMC to continue anti-discrimination conversation - DMC/ MC
7.4 LH to recruit a Quiz team comprised of Club staff and register a table with THST - LH
7.4 THFC to add the Quiz to the list of local events on the Spurs App - LH

Meeting closed at 8.20pm

Didnt like the way DL came across over transfers.

You cant keep saying there is no correlation between spending and success when you see those above us and he charges the prices that he does.

His policy has seen the end of countless managers. Whether you like the last one or not (let's not get into that ) he was begging for a rebuild two years ago . It fell on deaf ears and were still in the stage of most thinking we need one.

Its makes Mourinhos more appointment all the more strange. Its fascinating to see how these two will work together.

Football fans will support their team if owned by people with links to the KGB or massive human rights issues.

And football owners know this all too well.

It’s a way of life for some people.
My respect for people who go to all home and away games is massive. Especially with the costs involved and the time factor. Incredible commitment.
Erdogan for DoF. Trump for CEO. Putin for manager. Kim Jong. for groundskeeper.

Back
Top Bottom