Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah you are quite right, we should continue to plough thousands into the club whilst he continues to sell our best players whilst buying dross.

We would be stupid to say anything about it to be honest.

Any real fan would support Levy FC through thick and thin

I'm Smart enough to see the long term project and good stewardship to our club when I see it. Best training centre in the world in a lot of players opinions and a top class £400m stadium on the way.
Rome...

thats true, but I just want a balanced squad. We have umpteen midfielders of the smae mould and next to nothing up front, the squad is completely unbalanced as it was last season and this issue is not being adressed by the club
I would probably say this is the most balanced squad we've had in my memory, the three upfront for one position is what I'd expect, I would imagine Soldado would ideally of been moved on and another more suitable striker brought in but I would imagine there weren't many offers. The one thing we do need now is to trust Poch.

Yeah you are quite right, we should continue to plough thousands into the club whilst he continues to sell our best players whilst buying dross.

Stop moaning!! You bore the fuck out of me! You like a little bitch. Victor meldrew

I'm Smart enough to see the long term project and good stewardship to our club when I see it. Best training centre in the world in a lot of players opinions and a top class £400m stadium on the way.
Rome...

Clearly not, show me a top company out there that isn't leveraged to the hilt.

Especially in a period where debt costs the sum total of fuck all.

Don't try and come across the intellectual on here you fucking thick pikey. You haven't got the first clue.

Clearly not, show me a top company out there that isn't leveraged to the hilt.

Especially in a period where debt costs the sum total of fuck all.

Don't try and come across the intellectual on here you fucking thick pikey. You haven't got the first clue.
Um, I work for one. :adeohshit:

Genuinely soz an all Charles, 'cause clearly you are laying into someone I have on ignore an all that. But just because you've got all shouty at the dim folk doesn't mean you're right.

:adewtf:

and most of those "best players" were the dross we were buying at one point.

Um, I work for one. :adeohshit:

Genuinely soz an all Charles, 'cause clearly you are laying into someone I have on ignore an all that. But just because you've got all shouty at the dim folk doesn't mean you're right.

:adewtf:

Exception....not the rule. Debt finance is piss cheap, we should be taking advantage.

What's 9month us debt trading at the moment? 0.5% tops? It's peanuts son.....PEANUTS!!!

End of the line? Is he the man to take us to the next level?

Bullshit stadium renderings and pissing millions away on clueless managers can only take you so far, I guess

i don't have all the figures so totally happy for someone to use them to prove me wrong, but isn't financial fair play a big issue for us? We can't spend more than x% of our football related revenue on player wages correct? We need to maintain a squad decent enough for top 6 which means senior players on an average probably of around 50k per week. start spending 30 mill+ bringing in more 100-200k per week players and we have a real issue. There's only so many we can keep buying in and selling for profit before this becomes unworkable.

Hopefully the extra revenue from the new stadium will help this. I honestly hoped FFP would put the brakes on the crazy spending of Chelsea, City, PSG, Real etc. but all it seems to have done is create a cartel where these clubs keep selling players to each other for massively inflated prices. (david luiz anyone) and so they are the only clubs that can hope to buy each other's players.

Can't say I'm surprised though really

i don't have all the figures so totally happy for someone to use them to prove me wrong, but isn't financial fair play a big issue for us?

FFP only comes into play when there are large losses on a club's books over multiple years. Tottenham have no such issues and even with the new stadium have nothing to worry about because infrastructure expenditures are not counted for FFP purposes.

Spurs are nowhere near running afoul of FFP. That's a non-issue, and would be a non-issue even with considerably more investment in the squad.

but if we sign players on massive wages that is a commitment to pay them over a period of years isn't it?
To be honest i think the time to gamble was the year we finally got into the CL. We should have bought that quality striker to keep us in the top 4. Then the following January we should have gambled again but didn't.

That is frustrating as hell. But right now I think the way we are building the squad whilst trying to fund a new stadium is ok.

So, I just woke up.

We lost out on Welbeck to Woolwich? If the only purpose of signing him was to make sure Woolwich had no backup striker at least until January, I would've done so. Haggling over a million quid? Fuck sake.

We look like shite. Levy signed no one Poch wanted. Seems like AVB part two. Seems like post-CL part two.

That fucker never learns and whilst he remains at the top Spurs cannot hope to finish higher than 5 for the rest of his tenure.

but if we sign players on massive wages that is a commitment to pay them over a period of years isn't it?
To be honest i think the time to gamble was the year we finally got into the CL. We should have bought that quality striker to keep us in the top 4. Then the following January we should have gambled again but didn't.

That is frustrating as hell. But right now I think the way we are building the squad whilst trying to fund a new stadium is ok.
Your work on the Forum in the past 12 hours has been outstanding jimmyriggle jimmyriggle . One poster that has been sifting through the bullshit and actually thinking about the longer term game that is being played out..

Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante

is this you mate?

come out mate you have called for levy's head more time than the masses called for the royal heads in the French revolution..
we get it, you don't like levy...ether build a guillotine or do a line and cheer up...levy has taken spurs from mid-table to top 4 contenders and starting building a stadium/got the funding concurrently. Name one team in world football which has done the same? only one comes to mind and they I will not name..

Last edited:
Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante

is this you mate?

come out mate you have called for levy's head more time than the masses called for the royal heads in the French revolution..
we get it, you don't like levy...ether build a guillotine or do a line and cheer up...levy has taken spurs from mid-table to top 4 contenders and starting building a stadium/got the funding concurrently. Name one team in world football which has done the same? only one comes to mind and they I will not name..
Many would say your unbridled support for the established totalitarian regime is equally depressing .
As in the spirit of the Sans Culottes we see our worst years of silverware success since Stalin stormed Berlin on the heads of our own Louis XVI . This whole board is full of everyone repeating themselves.
You sound like a modern Maria Antoinette.

Back
Top Bottom