Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep. Not quite sure how you have a disagree for that.

Pleat 2003/4
Jol 2004 for one game before being made permanent
Clive Allen & Alex Inglethorpe 2007
Clive Allen & Alex Inglethorpe 2008
Ryan Mason 2021
Christian Stellini 2023
Ryan Mason 2023

Tim Sherwood was actually classed as permanent despite it being an obvious temporary appointment. Similar for Nuno.
Thought we played very well under Pleat....

These stats were shown on the Tottenham Away podcast & tell you all you need to know. And to think that there are people still out there who think that Levy & ENIC have improved us as a team

View: https://imgur.com/a/07cBDFc

Context-less, arbitrary, disingenuous - a 25 year rolling graph, good grief, top 4 finishes back in an era when top 4 wasn't even a thing, good Lord lmao

So according to this Sugar and Scholar should be tied in together with the latter part of the previous regime ergo Sugar took us forward and ENIC has taken us backwards, I mean what?, Also didn't we get relegated on the 70s as well from the 1st division? What are we even doing here? :roflmao:

Like I already explained in the above post if your argument is whether ENIC have improved the team then why are you including previous owners before Sugar? It's such a non comparison. 🤦‍♀️

wtf am I actually reading, this thread man 😆

People wonder why I defend the board in here or whatever but this is the sort of nonsense I'm talking about, incredible.

Those 4 top finishes include top 4 of the Southern League and 2nd division.

That's fuckinf hilarious, who are those clowns and why have they presented bad data like that

😂😂😂😂😂

It’s disappointing not to at least pick up some silverware over the last decade, but we’re probably about where we might expect to be given the investment in the playing squad. Ultimately we’re just another one the 99% of English clubs who have won f*** all, albeit we’ve come close. Conte aside, I’ve still enjoyed the last 10 years football more than the previous 20 years, so I haven’t given up all hope just yet.
We're not one of the 99% of English clubs are we though. Not really

We're one of the Big 6. and before ENIC, one of the Big 5.
One of the most illustrious names in British football and one of the wealthiest, best supported clubs on the planet.

To compare us to the 99% of English clubs is both disingenuous AND false because many of those clubs DO regularly win silverware relative to their status in the game.

We used to. We just don't anymore

These stats were shown on the Tottenham Away podcast & tell you all you need to know. And to think that there are people still out there who think that Levy & ENIC have improved us as a team

WOW!

Thanks for sharing

what an absolutely shocking indictment of the great Lewis /Levy con, and those who spend endless hours on here apologising for it.

Last edited:
Different time though, wasn't it? No top 4. For most of the 90's only the top or top 2 teams got European Cup or CL football. At one point it was title winners, 2nd place and the FA cup winners only.

Strong league finishes for me are important if there's something at stake. But pretty much 3rd to 8th at one point was pointless for a while. And yeah, even top 8 was a stretch but it was only bragging rights as to whether we finished higher than WH or not back then.

I also recall us beating United, Liverpool and Woolwich more frequently in the 90's than for a long period after. I remember beating Liverpool away on the way to the FAC Semi IIRC.
I appreciate the reasonable debate.

I do think there’s a massive difference between finishing 3rd and 8th even if it didn’t feel like that then. The league is important too & in the last I’d say 20 years we’ve been a ‘pretty good’ league team. *excepted as i say - every year is not the same.

I’ve been a fan since 94 and I don’t recall a lot of wins over those teams in the 90s tbh. Could be my memory - most of my memories are of getting beaten 😂

I know we beat united on the way to 99 LC. Was that Stephen carr beaut in the 90s?

Horrible memories of a home defeat to Liverpool when mcmanaman had a shot that walker went to collect it then bobbled on the ground as bounced over him .. awful stuff

I mean they literally have improved the team?

Tottenham away is that guy stelios right? Yeah I’m grand for him.

Other teams can improve too you know…. Like random eg Manchester City
How have they actually improved the team?

Every game we play is in a competition. The PL. The FAC. The League Cup. A form of Europe,
And we win none of them. That's not improvement.

I appreciate the reasonable debate.

I do think there’s a massive difference between finishing 3rd and 8th even if it didn’t feel like that then. The league is important too & in the last I’d say 20 years we’ve been a ‘pretty good’ league team. *excepted as i say - every year is not the same.

I’ve been a fan since 94 and I don’t recall a lot of wins over those teams in the 90s tbh. Could be my memory - most of my memories are of getting beaten 😂

I know we beat united on the way to 99 LC. Was that Stephen carr beaut in the 90s?

Horrible memories of a home defeat to Liverpool when mcmanaman had a shot that walker went to collect it then bobbled on the ground as bounced over him .. awful stuff
20 years ago was 2002 - we were well into the top 4 era then IIRC. I was talking about pre-ENIC 1990's when it wasn't a thing. You'd get nothing more for 3rd than 8th other than playground bragging. Also, back then, a lot of team valued an FAC almost as highly as a league title. Before the CL really became the be all and end all.

We're not one of the 99% of English clubs are we though. Not really

We're one of the Big 6. and before ENIC, one of the Big 5.
One of the most illustrious names in British football and one of the wealthiest, best supported clubs on the planet.

To compare us to the 99% of English clubs is both disingenuous AND false because many of those clubs DO regularly win silverware relative to their status in the game.

We used to. We just don't anymore
More worrying is the apathy in our supporter base that accepts that as most clubs don’t win trophies nor should we expect to.

Losers attitude.

20 years ago was 2002 - we were well into the top 4 era then IIRC. I was talking about pre-ENIC 1990's when it wasn't a thing. You'd get nothing more for 3rd than 8th other than playground bragging. Also, back then, a lot of team valued an FAC almost as highly as a league title. Before the CL really became the be all and end all.
Years ago, if you went around bragging we finished third you would get laughed at

Didn’t we finish third in 87? All I recall is piss take from mates that we blew the two domestic cups.

Back when winning trophies mattered as it was a sport and not the top 4 finish to earn more money. We used to laugh at Wegner for that

More worrying is the apathy in our supporter base that accepts that as most clubs don’t win trophies nor should we expect to.

Losers attitude.

nailedit-theoffice.gif

Years ago, if you went around bragging we finished third you would get laughed at

Didn’t we finish third in 87? All I recall is piss take from mates that we blew the two domestic cups.

Back when winning trophies mattered as it was a sport and not the top 4 finish to earn more money. We used to laugh at Wegner for that
Yeah it was 3rd in 87. I remember 82/3 when we were mostly shit due to injuries but went on a great run late on to get 4th and a UEFA cup spot but there was a pretty flat feeling, certainly no celebrations. The season was deemed a failure really.

Well they have!!

Previous 25years shows as 9th.
Now it’s 6th. That’s clear improvement. In black and white.

Especially taking into account the 51-75 period included two league titles and that’s also 6th!!!

I would question whether the season we finished 3rd on the second division in 1978 they counted that as a 3rd place or 25th.
As that’s not a 3rd place in the same way poch was in 2016 in my view.

Well they have!!

Especially taking into account the 51-75 period included two league titles and that’s also 6th!!!

I would question whether the season we finished 3rd on the second division in 1978 they counted that as a 3rd place or 25th.
If you base it on what fans of most teams base it on & care about & that’s actually winning trophies, they haven’t

Well they have!!

They have included 2nd division and non league top 4 finishes in their top 4 sums.

Fucking ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom