Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The defence now is basically but Sugar was shit as well .
Sugar dug us out of a massive fucking hole, built 2 new stands, won a cup, over turned a potential relegation worthy 12 point deduction and sold us in rude health.

It's actual madness how much mud the Levy apologists fling his way. If you want to have ago at bad chairmen, it's probably Irving Scholar that nearly ruined us that needs some flack.

Or, you know, the chairman who has turned us into a well run club with nothing to cheer about.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sugar dug us out of a massive fucking hole, built 2 new stands, won a cup, over turned a potential relegation worthy 12 point deduction and sold us in rude health.

It's actual madness how much mud the Levy apologists fling his way. If you want to have ago at bad chairmen, it's probably Irving Scholar that nearly ruined us that needs some flack.

Or, you know, the chairman who has turned us into a well run club with nothing to cheer about.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live
Yes, he did solidify the club financially.

He was just an obnoxious, arrogant, odious cunt of a human being which tends to make people dislike you.

How anybody watches the wanker on that ridiculous TV show he does is a mystery to me.

The defence now is basically but Sugar was shit as well .

If your argument is that Spurs were a trophy winning club then you're making a comparison to a previous owner and you compare it to the previous regime, if the previous regime had a record similar to what we have now or by and large where our trophy haul decreased in that period then you're completely disingenuous if you're putting that all on ENIC.

Also what's more is that trophies back then were far easier to win and weren't being hoovered up by state sponsored teams and teams with Oligarth's who's intention was to launder their money and buy their way to success, no doubt we should have won more but when you provide context it's really not as black and white as you're making out.

Yes, he did solidify the club financially.

He was just an obnoxious, arrogant, odious cunt of a human being which tends to make people dislike you.

How anybody watches the wanker on that ridiculous TV show he does is a mystery to me.
No arguments for me there. Not a pleasant person, likely wanted to line his own pockets above all else, but also knew to do that he had to fix problems, which he did.

Why have we not been winning stuff like Liverpool or Woolwich?
Even Poch said ''if we win the CL with these players'' etc....
We've made a pile of shit signings and gone through managers with such frequency that it has distabliased the team.
Levy stated after sacking Jose that we will hire a manager who directs free flowing attractive football, then he hired Nuno,

I’d say up until very very recently they have bigger wage bills and revenues than us. Doesn’t mean it’s impossible to win at their expense just that it’s not as easy as it could be

FA Cup in 91
League Cup in 99

That's 2 trophies.

In our apparently worst ever decade according to Levy apologists.
Come on Matt… how did we finish in the league during those ten seasons? Or does that genuinely not matter to you? We got hammered week in week I’d be mocked tirelessly in school by all the plastic united and Liverpool fans. The team that beat Leicester in 99 was fairly average, would you not agree compared to some of our teams since 2006 let’s say?

Is your response ‘doesn’t matter cause they won a trophy in 99’ if so we’re going around in circles. Have you hated every minute supporting us from the day after the league cup final in 08?

There must be middle ground surely!!

Come on Matt… how did we finish in the league during those ten seasons? Or does that genuinely not matter to you? We got hammered week in week I’d be mocked tirelessly in school by all the plastic united and Liverpool fans. The team that beat Leicester in 99 was fairly average, would you not agree compared to some of our teams since 2006 let’s say?

Is your response ‘doesn’t matter cause they won a trophy in 99’ if so we’re going around in circles. Have you hated every minute supporting us from the day after the league cup final in 08?

There is no middle ground with extremists.

They lose any rational thinking clouded by hate. That's why they make such a good little vocal minority cult.

Wait,

You know the answer to this already.

We live in a binary world in here so it's trophies or bust the difference between success and failure, the difference between begrudging praise for Levy and Levy you're a cunt

The funny thing is I've asked these guys whether they felt happy with the direction of the club in 2008, after all we did win a trophy, but then again we did finish 11th our team mostly full of shite, we swapped managers and the manager who led us to a trophy got sacked after having our worst start on record to a PL season but I guess none of that matters and we won a trophy right? right??

No-one's ever given me an answer to that by the way...

Transfer spend over last 10 years : 6th highest
Average league finish : 5th position

It’s disappointing not to at least pick up some silverware over the last decade, but we’re probably about where we might expect to be given the investment in the playing squad. Ultimately we’re just another one the 99% of English clubs who have won f*** all, albeit we’ve come close. Conte aside, I’ve still enjoyed the last 10 years football more than the previous 20 years, so I haven’t given up all hope just yet.

Different time though, wasn't it? No top 4. For most of the 90's only the top or top 2 teams got European Cup or CL football. At one point it was title winners, 2nd place and the FA cup winners only.

Strong league finishes for me are important if there's something at stake. But pretty much 3rd to 8th at one point was pointless for a while. And yeah, even top 8 was a stretch but it was only bragging rights as to whether we finished higher than WH or not back then.

I also recall us beating United, Liverpool and Woolwich more frequently in the 90's than for a long period after. I remember beating Liverpool away on the way to the FAC Semi IIRC.

Transfer spend over last 10 years : 6th highest
Average league finish : 5th position

It’s disappointing not to at least pick up some silverware over the last decade, but we’re probably about where we might expect to be given the investment in the playing squad. Ultimately we’re just another one the 99% of English clubs who have won f*** all, albeit we’ve come close. Conte aside, I’ve still enjoyed the last 10 years football more than the previous 20 years, so I haven’t given up all hope just yet.
Come on - don't tell me that from late Feb 2022 until the end of that season, you weren't thoroughly enjoying us work our way up from 8th to 4th and blowing teams away.
This Conte hate has become a bit mythical. We were very good for a period.

These stats were shown on the Tottenham Away podcast & tell you all you need to know. And to think that there are people still out there who think that Levy & ENIC have improved us as a team

View: https://imgur.com/a/07cBDFc

Context-less, arbitrary, disingenuous - a 25 year rolling graph, good grief, top 4 finishes back in an era when top 4 wasn't even a thing, good Lord lmao

So according to this Sugar and Scholar should be tied in together with the latter part of the previous regime ergo Sugar took us forward and ENIC has taken us backwards, I mean what?, Also didn't we get relegated on the 70s as well from the 1st division? What are we even doing here? :roflmao:

Like I already explained in the above post if your argument is whether ENIC have improved the team then why are you including previous owners before Sugar? It's such a non comparison. 🤦‍♀️

wtf am I actually reading, this thread man 😆

People wonder why I defend the board in here or whatever but this is the sort of nonsense I'm talking about, incredible.

We’ve had more caretakers than Grange Hill
Yep. Not quite sure how you have a disagree for that.

Pleat 2003/4
Jol 2004 for one game before being made permanent
Clive Allen & Alex Inglethorpe 2007
Clive Allen & Alex Inglethorpe 2008
Ryan Mason 2021
Christian Stellini 2023
Ryan Mason 2023

Tim Sherwood was actually classed as permanent despite it being an obvious temporary appointment. Similar for Nuno.

Yep. Not quite sure how you have a disagree for that.

Pleat 2003/4
Jol 2004 for one game before being made permanent
Clive Allen & Alex Inglethorpe 2007
Clive Allen & Alex Inglethorpe 2008
Ryan Mason 2021
Christian Stellini 2023
Ryan Mason 2023

Tim Sherwood was actually classed as permanent despite it being an obvious temporary appointment. Similar for Nuno.
Thought we played very well under Pleat....

Back
Top Bottom