Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah? As displayed at those protests outside the ground?

They are the most vocal and attempt to belittle, mock and shut down anyone that opposes them.

I don't deal in absolutes and am able to recognise both good and bad of the owners.
The vast majority of the anti Levy mob are incapable of recognising anything but negativity.

Very toxic cult of the fan base.
How many years do you find it to be acceptable to not win anything except the Audi Cup?

It's the fact there are "fans" who are happy we're "well run" that winds me up.

It's like watching a shit movie but giving it 10 stars because of the colour palette used.
What the actual fuck is wrong with people. Football is a competitive spectator sport. Literally no club in the football tower is happy to just be there but be well run. Lower league clubs want to be promoted and win lower league cups. That's why their fans go.
Once in the PL, the lower clubs want to stabilize, stay there and then push on and win something.

But not our idiot fans. They want to sing about how financial viability. We won the "most wiggle room under PSR 2024 Cup" this year.
NOBODY should be happy we have 1 measly league cup in 24 years. It's fucking pathetic and a period of embarrassment for Spurs.
Go and have a look on Wikipedia under the honours section. Tell me where between 2000 and 2024 that it it lists all the times we made a profit and didn't do a Leeds.
Everyone wants us to win more but you guys seem completely blind to context. Yeah levy came so did fucking Roman and chanted football then Abu Dabhi came in! Maybe we’d have won a bit more if we weren’t competing with nation states?

Surely you don’t disagree with this?

This ‘we even won stuff in the 90s’ is infuriating to hear, we were fucking terrible in the 90s and one day out in 99 didn’t cleanse all the rubbish memories of getting hammered every week.

We are literally better since the mid 00s

Yes, trophies lacking, not disagreeing with you but I feel we’ve been good enough and not gotten over the line. And Chelsea and city hoover up the majority.

Okay - give me a Swansea, Wigan etc fine it can happen eith a bit of luck and good draw.

Leicester were an anomaly, I can’t explain it.

They're annoyed at a loss which is directly contributed from the players and the manager so they're in here directing their anger towards Daniel Levy, makes sense.
OK. Let me try and explain this to you.

When multiple Spurs managers with various Spurs teams keep falling short and losing games against inferior opposition more often than should be reasonably expected many of us see the bigger picture and realise there must be an underlying reason behind this repeated cycle of failure.

So, using the 3-0 drubbing at Fulham as an example, fans think simply venting their frustration at the players and manager is pointless when it's clear the underlying reason for our shortcomings is the constant presence that oversees the investment in the team and has seen off around 15 different managers in the process. Many good, proven winning managers, too. Managers who win everywhere else they work.

The owners are the underlying reason we don't win anything. Look at our recent domestic trophy record.

Redknapp losing to Portsmouth
Pochettino losing to Colchester
Mourinho losing at home to bottom club Norwich
Contes team losing at Sheffield United
Postecogolou going out at the first hurdle to Fulham.

I could go on. The list is endless.

These aren't all poor managers mate. It's not just some coincidence, is it.

So when another shocking result occurs again like it did on Saturday, people will naturally point the finger at whom they feel takes the ultimate responsibility.

When we win, everyone is given new hope and the urge to vent is weakened. That's the nature of football fans, whoever they support.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to understand

Last edited:
How many years do you find it to be acceptable to not win anything except the Audi Cup?
That's not a reasonable question. You have to look at every season and cup participation individually.

Getting knocked out of cups by Gent, Grimsby, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Colchester and plenty of others I find unacceptable.

Though also recognise the managers were provided the tools with which they should have not been eliminated by such lower quality sides.

So I apportion blame to the coaching and playing staff for losing to inferior sides. I apportion blame to the ownership for not being able to win the Premier League, though can't say I have ever honestly expected us to either.

Everyone wants us to win more but you guys seem completely blind to context. Yeah levy came so did fucking Roman and chanted football then Abu Dabhi came in! Maybe we’d have won a bit more if we weren’t competing with nation states?

Surely you don’t disagree with this?

This ‘we even won stuff in the 90s’ is infuriating to hear, we were fucking terrible in the 90s and one day out in 99 didn’t cleanse all the rubbish memories of getting hammered every week.

We are literally better since the mid 00s

Yes, trophies lacking, not disagreeing with you but I feel we’ve been good enough and not gotten over the line. And Chelsea and city hoover up the majority.

Okay - give me a Swansea, Wigan etc fine it can happen eith a bit of luck and good draw.

Leicester were an anomaly, I can’t explain it.
Why have we not been winning stuff like Liverpool or Woolwich?
Even Poch said ''if we win the CL with these players'' etc....
We've made a pile of shit signings and gone through managers with such frequency that it has distabliased the team.
Levy stated after sacking Jose that we will hire a manager who directs free flowing attractive football, then he hired Nuno,

Last edited:
1 trophy in 23 years, no?
Depends where you measure from.

We haven't won a trophy in 16 years, or 1 in 23
years.

ENIC took over a club with 1 trophy in 10 years, or 2 trophies in 19 years.

ENIC win us a trophy every 11.5 years on average having taken on a club that won a trophy every 9.5 years.

OK. Let me try and explain this to you.

When multiple Spurs managers with various Spurs teams keep falling short and losing games against inferior opposition more often than should be reasonably expected many of us see the bigger picture and realise there must be an underlying reason behind this repeated cycle of failure.

So, using the 3-0 drubbing at Fulham as an example, fans think simply venting their frustration at the players and manager is pointless when it's clear the underlying reason for our shortcomings is the constant presence that oversees the investment in the team and has seen off around 15 different managers in the process. Many good, proven winning managers, too.

The owners are the underlying reason we don't win anything. Look at our recent domestic trophy record.

Redknapp losing to Portsmouth
Pochettino losing to Colchester
Mourinho losing at home to bottom club Norwich
Contes team losing at Sheffield United
Postecogolou going out at the first hurdle to Fulham.

These aren't all poor managers mate. It's not just some coincidence, is it.

So when another shocking result occurs again like it did on Saturday, people will naturally point the finger at whom they feel takes the ultimate responsibility.

When we win, everyone is given new hope and the urge to vent is weakened. That's the nature of football fans, whoever they support.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to understand
he understands it, he's many things but he isn't dumb.

he just refuses to accept reality.

So we've worsened under ENIC then.
We have improved our probability of winning trophies by having a bigger, better team and winning more games whilst winning fewer trophies.

The owners are responsible for providing the playing and coaching staff the tools to compete - which have improved significantly.

They took over a 1 trophy in 10 years club.
It's now a 1 trophy in 16 years club.

Just the facts. I'm happy I support Spurs regardless. Others maybe live in regret they didn't choose a Liverpool or something.
Fairest way to do it is Enic have been owners for 23 years, the 23 years prior to them taking over we won 5 trophies.

It should be acknowledged not everything they have done is bad and they are certainly better than Sugar, our worst ever custodian but there comes a point when you hope for more than that. I'd like us to win a title in my lifetime but i dont think they are prepared to push it that much.

I'm glad we have improved from the last 4 years, i'm glad we're signing decent players again but can anyone, even the most optimistic, see anything other than another fight for top 4 in 12 months time? That isnt a disaster obviously but it can get all a bit beige when its been like that most of the last 20 seasons.

They dont appear to take the stance of a decent season being a platform to greater success but as a result in itself.

We have improved our probability of winning trophies by having a bigger, better team and winning more games whilst winning fewer trophies.

The owners are responsible for providing the playing and coaching staff the tools to compete - which have improved significantly.
Isn't the point of football to win as many trophies as possible?

You seem to be echoing what people accuse Levy of ie try and stay in the top 7, and sod the cup competitions.

If not for some amazing saves from Vicario this season we'd be mid table. You'd need to be blind to not see it.

We also had a very lucky win against Liverpool.

Fairest way to do it is Enic have been owners for 23 years, the 23 years prior to them taking over we won 5 trophies.

It should be acknowledged not everything they have done is bad and they are certainly better than Sugar, our worst ever custodian but there comes a point when you hope for more than that. I'd like us to win a title in my lifetime but i dont think they are prepared to push it that much.

I'm glad we have improved from the last 4 years, i'm glad we're signing decent players again but can anyone, even the most optimistic, see anything other than another fight for top 4 in 12 months time? That isnt a disaster obviously but it can get all a bit beige when its been like that most of the last 20 seasons.

They dont appear to take the stance of a decent season being a platform to greater success but as a result in itself.

It's important and relevant to recognise the state of the club and English football when they took over.

I also don't expect us to win a Premier League or Champions League in my lifetime, but we did actually have the best squad in the country for 1-2 years.

Levy provided Poch with the best team in the league be it through good ownership or sheer luck and they failed to convert that. We may not come that close again for decades.

Levy provided Poch with the best team in the league be it through good ownership or sheer luck and they failed to convert that. We may not come that close again for decades.
He also went 18 months without signing any players to strenghten the team.

He must have also hired shit scouts coz when he did finally spend he bought turds.

Isn't the point of football to win as many trophies as possible?

You seem to be echoing what people accuse Levy of ie try and stay in the top 7, and sod the cup competitions.

If not for some amazing saves from Vicario this season we'd be mid table. You'd need to be blind to not see it.

We also had a very lucky win against Liverpool.

Honestly, the point and importance of football is entertainment. Giving people something to look forward to each weekend, to be part of a tribe, to cheer on in the hope of winning games and eventually trophies.
To give communities a pillar of focus, to support surrounding businesses on match days, to employ people living in the area.. Now more to sell TV contracts for what is essentially a global soap opera. Media entertainment.

If Vicario, if if if.. If Son didn't score goals, if vdV didn't chase everyone down, if Romero didn't make all those blocks.

Don't agree our win against Liverpool was lucky. I think they were lucky to not concede earlier and only lose by 1.

Depends where you measure from.

We haven't won a trophy in 16 years, or 1 in 23
years.

ENIC took over a club with 1 trophy in 10 years, or 2 trophies in 19 years.

ENIC win us a trophy every 11.5 years on average having taken on a club that won a trophy every 9.5 years.

1 in 23 is just the truth.

Prior to them taking over we held the record for most FA Cup victories.

Back
Top Bottom