Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the fuck? Woolwich can do it, why can’t we?

Who has been feeding Ange this propaganda.
The gig's up. FFP is supposedly doing its job now.

There is absolutely no reason why we can't spend as much, if not more, than our rivals.

I expect the new spin will be how we aim to develop the 'stars of the future' rather than acquire established players.

Same here, if rumours of potential buyout are true, that is the clubs best hope of success.
Otherwise we stay as we are, record profits on a regular basis, but no silverware to show for it.
The rumours aren't going to be true.

I'd put good money on Levy leading a consortium to buy Lewis out. We're going to be stuck with the useless bald cunt until the end of time.

The gig's up. FFP is supposedly doing its job now.

There is absolutely no reason why we can't spend as much, if not more, than our rivals.

I expect the new spin will be how we aim to develop the 'stars of the future' rather than acquire established players.

spend.png

:thumbup:

We are owed a big signing. Like 80m plus on a proper serious football. Kvaratskhelia, De Jong, Wirtz caliber type player.

We need to step up the signings we make, instead of the half measure likes Kulusevki and Richarlison. Good players, but not going to bridge the gap between us and the current top 3.
Our record is terrible on those big 80m type players. Every time we try and fail with one it just pushes the development of the team backward for another season or two. We've made much steadier progress focusing on the recruitment of more modest profile players.

Our record is terrible on those big 80m type players. Every time we try and fail with one it just pushes the development of the team backward for another season or two. We've made much steadier progress focusing on the recruitment of more modest profile players.

Cause mostly our structure and recruitment strategy was utter pits, if we identified and bought in a player for big money I'd be pretty confident of them being a hit based on our recent activity.

That is not a reason not to do it though that is a reason to fix our scouting so when we do it we get an X factor player who ups the teams performance.

I don’t expect it much but there might be that one time we really need a player to push from good to great like Liverpool with Van Dijk or City with De Bruyne and that becomes the difference between being 2nd place or a finalist and winning a competition.

Outrage on here because Ange has come out and said the club wouldn't spend a £100m on one player but look how our last few big money signings turned out.

People really do take some comments to heart and love to find a reason to complain.

This is a very good point.

A faction of Spurs fans have this weird phenomenon where they vastly overrate our players based on a few good games they had at some point during their career here.

Kulusevski is a good example as you say. A good player but hugely limited in a lot of areas and doesn’t really suit the way the manager wants to play as a winger.
Bissouma is another one. A guy who has been absolutely bang average for a season and a half for us bar a few games at the start of this season, yet there are still folk banging on about him as “one of the best in the league.” Based on what??

You also regularly hear from the usual suspects “Pochettino should have done so much more with the team he had” a line that always baffles me, as I am at a loss as to what it’s based on. What had any of those players achieved in the game prior to him arriving at the club? And what did they achieve after he left when “guaranteed trophy” managers took over?

It’s just their suble little way of saying “it can’t be the owners fault we failed under Poch, he was provided with the players.” And the same nonsense will likely be spouted by the same crew if(when) Ange comes up short in a similar fashion.

Just mind boggling levels of revisionism, delusion and ignorance to constantly defend our ownership, and for what?
They will be blaming every manager until they die or levy/enic sell up. Ange next on the chopping block.

I take your point but not your example. If we had thought about spending £100,000,000 for Declan Rice this summer most on this forum would have lost their shit, me included.
Just using him as an example of an overpriced player that the manager wants and is PL proven. We wouldn’t back the manager and would pivot to a cheaper option. It’s disgraceful and quite frankly weird as to why our fanbase is so conditioned on always trying to find value on every deal.

Same here, if rumours of potential buyout are true, that is the clubs best hope of success.
Otherwise we stay as we are, record profits on a regular basis, but no silverware to show for it.
Levy couldn’t inspire the day shift at McDonalds. Weird, aloof and lacks leadership, he’s a one dimensional bean counter .

The best thing that can happen to us this season is for Woolwich to win the league. Our fan base would go into meltdown, the pressure on the bald parasite will grow hugely & it might just be the trigger needed to force his hand in the summer window. I won’t hold my breath though
Cannot think of anything worse than Woolwich winning the league.

That's actually a really good quote. It probably makes the difference in forever falling short or making that extra bit of effort it takes to get over the winning line.
The difference between winners and losers if we're being honest about it.
Yeah it’s like if Woolwich win the title. Some our happy with them winning the title whilst we win nothing as usual & aren’t in the title conversation. It could be worse, we could be West Ham. We should be grateful for our top 4s. Which is fair enough!
Me, I’d rather it be us winning titles & challenging for them. Happy to roll the dice & go for it rather than be scared it goes wrong & we miss out on our top 4 trophy for a bit.
Life goes fast & in the end it will be trophies that stand out in the end. Not record profits & go karts.

The best thing that can happen to us this season is for Woolwich to win the league. Our fan base would go into meltdown, the pressure on the bald parasite will grow hugely & it might just be the trigger needed to force his hand in the summer window. I won’t hold my breath though

LMAO, bro go and have a lie down

Yeah it’s like if Woolwich win the title. Some our happy with them winning the title whilst we win nothing as usual & aren’t in the title conversation. It could be worse, we could be West Ham. We should be grateful for our top 4s. Which is fair enough!
Me, I’d rather it be us winning titles & challenging for them. Happy to roll the dice & go for it rather than be scared it goes wrong & we miss out on our top 4 trophy for a bit.
Life goes fast & in the end it will be trophies that stand out in the end. Not record profits & go karts.
But, we do things the right way 👍

Back
Top Bottom