Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/thespurswatch/status/1766232173965672601?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Putting this in here because it’s clearly Ange saying it’s a club situation and he’s fine with it.

As a fan, I’d be fine with it if they still managed to get and keep the quality of player to win AND did their best to keep ticket prices as reasonable as their transfer spending.

Whether the club is ready or not, it needs to win things as the next step or the eventual outcome is slow decline. We have already reached the point where maintaining the same wage and transfer budget policy is becoming a gamble against the progress of the whole club.

All well and good saying it now but let's see his energy in a couple of years when he's got us really challenging.

View: https://x.com/thespurswatch/status/1766232173965672601?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Putting this in here because it’s clearly Ange saying it’s a club situation and he’s fine with it.

As a fan, I’d be fine with it if they still managed to get and keep the quality of player to win AND did their best to keep ticket prices as reasonable as their transfer spending.

Whether the club is ready or not, it needs to win things as the next step or the eventual outcome is slow decline. We have already reached the point where maintaining the same wage and transfer budget policy is becoming a gamble against the progress of the whole club.

Maybe we can arrange a whip round in the
Fanbase ?

Maybe we can arrange a whip round in the
Fanbase ?
Haha we generate higher revenue than the filth but not a chance in hell we match their ambition and sign Rice for 100M to turn us into challengers. Bald cunt will nick another 3.5M from ST holders though for no apparent reason through the 6%

Ange has arrived at the 'Tottenham manager making sanguine statements about our pauper status' phase far sooner than I was expecting.

oliver-twist-reaction.gif

Haha we generate higher revenue than the filth but not a chance in hell we match their ambition and sign Rice for 100M to turn us into challengers. Bald cunt will nick another 3.5M from ST holders though for no apparent reason through the 6%
He has essentially just said he thinks the club will NEVER match the ambition of our rivals and sign a game changing player for £100million

There really is something rotten about our ownership

Last edited:
He has essentially just said he thinks the club will NEVER match the ambition of our rivals and sign a game changing player for £100million

Things will change when we move into the new stadium and get CL

West Ham are more ambitious than this thieving miser

One wank league tinpot in a quarter of a century. He’s owned us for c.20% of our lifetime and delivered 1% of our trophies

Get out and F off Byrite, and that old crim tortoise faced vulture can do one too. Die in the Bahamas you leach

What the fuck? Woolwich can do it, why can’t we?

Who has been feeding Ange this propaganda.

What the fuck? Woolwich can do it, why can’t we?

Who has been feeding Ange this propaganda.

In all honestly, these are also the kinds of things you would say if you were targeting a big time player and didn't want to overpay.

We aren't going to spend 100m on any player but that doesn't mean we aren't targeting a N Williams or Kvaratshkelia.

He is only saying what, many of us have said previously.
Ange will eventually get tired of the process, like many of us have over the years.
Club will continue with it's policy of , being around the top six, with the occasional win again a big club, but fall short as ever on pushing the club onto success.

The best thing that can happen to us this season is for Woolwich to win the league. Our fan base would go into meltdown, the pressure on the bald parasite will grow hugely & it might just be the trigger needed to force his hand in the summer window. I won’t hold my breath though

I take your point but not your example. If we had thought about spending £100,000,000 for Declan Rice this summer most on this forum would have lost their shit, me included.

The best thing that can happen to us this season is for Woolwich to win the league. Our fan base would go into meltdown, the pressure on the bald parasite will grow hugely & it might just be the trigger needed to force his hand in the summer window. I won’t hold my breath though
He would not care mate, Enic never bought spurs for football reasons.
They bought the club, for financial reasons, they admitted that from the start, even those who support Levy, cannot get away from that statement.
As long as the club, continues to make money which it does, that is good enough for them, a trophy would only represent a welcome distraction from the master plan.

He would not care mate, Enic never bought spurs for football reasons.
They bought the club, for financial reasons, they admitted that from the start, even those who support Levy, cannot get away from that statement.
As long as the club, continues to make money which it does, that is good enough for them, a trophy would only represent a welcome distraction from the master plan.
I totally agree, he couldn’t care less about any success for the team but it might just force his hand more than he wants but like I said, I won’t hold my breath

I totally agree, he couldn’t care less about any success for the team but it might just force his hand more than he wants but like I said, I won’t hold my breath
Same here, if rumours of potential buyout are true, that is the clubs best hope of success.
Otherwise we stay as we are, record profits on a regular basis, but no silverware to show for it.

Back
Top Bottom