Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's why I am down to half a dozen games a season.

It's not the money, it's the principle.

Apart from meeting the usual suspects in the Shelf Bar on match days there is nothing else I like about modern football.
I’m exact same these days, not the money but the principle.

Just confined myself to Saturday 3 o’clock kickoffs this season. We’ve actually had a few more than we’ve had in the last couple of seasons and Luton is the next one and probably the last for me after the tv mess around with the schedules.

I’ll probably do the same next season, with an odd European night if we qualify and that will be it. Just feels more and more that they’re constantly chipping away at whatever concessions they can or hiking a price up just to the max they think or know they can get away with. But they’ll continue to fill the stadium like they do now and not seem to care very much. A shame, because I do.

Am I reading this correct , they are getting rid of all the senior citizens discounts?
That can’t be right
Pretty sure they see them as "LEGACY FANS" therefore they would prefer it if they werent there, hence this change - they want the moneyed fly-by-nighters now. If youve been anywhere near the new ground on a matchday you know exactly who ENIC want in the door and who they dont now

Nice stadium and all, but ultimately, still no indication that we’re prepared to go out and sign premium players.

If you want to charge a premium price, you need a premium product. The stadium is, but the reason people go there is still a long way off from being considered “premium”.

Sign world class players, then charge those prices you greedy dickheads.

Of course, none of this matters. People are fucking stupid and will still pay it. Nothing will change.

THIS!

Before the stadium the model was build a Bale or Modric and sell them when they are star players.

Now you have the stadium and you are charging the same as the clubs you sold the Bale and Modric types to, you have the responsibility to sign that quality of player now.

lo.png

Grand Theft Auto Walking GIF by Rockstar Games

I’m exact same these days, not the money but the principle.

I’m the opposite. I have no principles about football. It’s all about the money.

Spending my old football money on dog food, dog biscuits, dog coats, dog leads, dog insurance and about to buy a new car with a dog mode.

Be cheaper to go and watch spurs again tbh.

The thing is it's the 6% increase which is mental, if they did 3% last year than 3% this year it wouldn't seem so bad but last year people probably thought that the freeze was sustainable which was never going to be the case.
There is absolutely no need to apply 3%, then 3%, nor 6%. This yields around 4M extra revenue

It’s immaterial to the club. The cancerous bald fuck wasted four times that on Nuno for a few months work

I swear the bloke has a self destruct button. Whether its not backing managers when we're in a position of strength or just randomly pissing off the fan base he cant help himself. Things ticking along nicely, better feeling at the club well along comes old Dan to fuck up any small amount of goodwill.

I swear the bloke has a self destruct button. Whether its not backing managers when we're in a position of strength or just randomly pissing off the fan base he cant help himself. Things ticking along nicely, better feeling at the club well along comes old Dan to fuck up any small amount of goodwill.

There is probably a spreadsheet at Lilywhite house that monitors goodwill among the fanbase with a set trigger when it gets slightly to high.

If more than 60% happy your options are:

A raise ticket prices
B sell a top player
C leave a big hole in the squad

He's a despicable cunt.

All that matters to him is impressing his peers with how good he is at wringing every last drop out of the people who love this club.

He's a disgusting abusive bastard.

And is why I despise his apologists almost as mush as I do, him.

Piece of shit.

There is absolutely no need to apply 3%, then 3%, nor 6%. This yields around 4M extra revenue

It’s immaterial to the club. The cancerous bald fuck wasted four times that on Nuno for a few months work
£4 million extra is nothing. Read a statement from Hoeness from Bayern basically saying it’s pointless putting prices up as the extra money they make from it makes no difference really to the club. They look after their fans.

Well done ENIC, pissed a lot of supporters off, many of whom were spending money and time supporting this club before you tossers turned up.

Pretty clear what ENIC thinks of us legacy fans, nothing but contempt is my guess.

Top stadium, top prices but no pots to show for it, or even a team that reflects the stadium and ticket prices ,we are not even close on the pitch.

Tells you all about our ownership model.

Stupid decision, as not exactly shifting the needle financially.

Just pisses a fair section of the fan base off. Different story this time next year if we were challenging for the title / doing well in the cups. But now? Very tone deaf.

Nice stadium and all, but ultimately, still no indication that we’re prepared to go out and sign premium players.

If you want to charge a premium price, you need a premium product. The stadium is, but the reason people go there is still a long way off from being considered “premium”.

Sign world class players, then charge those prices you greedy dickheads.

Of course, none of this matters. People are fucking stupid and will still pay it. Nothing will change.
Gave my ST up last season, primarily for the shite football we had to endure but, also the shysters running the football club. I knew they would raise season tickets but, to get rid of all the concessions for senior citizens is just plain wrong

Back
Top Bottom