Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't Levy say that naming rights wasn't a priority?

Our commercial revenue has grown from £170m to £261m in 2 years - seems to me that he's done a good job.

Our commercial revenue has grown from £170m to £261m in 2 years - seems to me that he's done a good job.

Sucks Tim Robinson GIF by The Lonely Island

I've said before I don't think Levy is all that interested in naming rights.

Think the club gets more exposure from concerts/NFL being staged at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Your stats are also completely and utterly disingenuous.

In the 90's:
Our highest league finish was 7th.
We finished 10th or lower 7 times.
We finished 14th or lower 3 times.
Our average league position was 10.8.

Even you would give the new owners a few years to start improving things right? let's say 3 years grace?

Since the 03/04 season,

We have finished 10th or lower 1 time.
We have finished above 7th (our best finish for a decade in the 90s) 15 times
We have finished 4th or higher 7 times
Our highest finish has been 2nd
Our average position has been 5.45
Not forgetting 16 consecutive years in Europe which only ended this season.

I don’t have all the financials to compare against but I’m assuming we have the highest op profit at the same time. To your point though it’s really a dumb way to describe it as Barca being in fourth shows.
Where do Deloitte get their figures, our last years figures are not out till this Feb. That covers june 22 to June 23

By the time Levy fired Poch and then Nuno - what were the fucking options?!?!? NONE!!

And he was the one who had put the club in that postition.

And where was the continuity with Poch to Muareen?

You run a club - you have a fucking SUCCESSION PLAN for everyone

Like Bloom at Brighton, loses Potter, next week he's got De Zerbi (and Ange on the short list too). De Zerbi goes you can bet there's a list of 4 that could be seamless. Like for every fucking player they lose. How did we replace Walker? With a fucking criminal.

That's how you run a club.

Taken him 14 years to get from playing at Withdean "Stadium" (look it up, you wont know it) and in Div 1 to Amex and playing in Europe.

That's proper progress

Taken Levy 14 years to get from 6th to 4th or whatever and NO TROPHIES

Numbnuts - you AND him

Fucking apologist for that slaphead cunt - go and do one
Yes but what have Brighton won. Nothing…..can’t be that good.

By the time Levy fired Poch and then Nuno - what were the fucking options?!?!? NONE!!

And he was the one who had put the club in that postition.

And where was the continuity with Poch to Muareen?

You run a club - you have a fucking SUCCESSION PLAN for everyone

Like Bloom at Brighton, loses Potter, next week he's got De Zerbi (and Ange on the short list too). De Zerbi goes you can bet there's a list of 4 that could be seamless. Like for every fucking player they lose. How did we replace Walker? With a fucking criminal.

That's how you run a club.

Taken him 14 years to get from playing at Withdean "Stadium" (look it up, you wont know it) and in Div 1 to Amex and playing in Europe.

That's proper progress

Taken Levy 14 years to get from 6th to 4th or whatever and NO TROPHIES

Numbnuts - you AND him

Fucking apologist for that slaphead cunt - go and do one
Brighton are in hock to the owner to the tune of 400m.
The recruitment team at Chelsea came from Brighton. Brighton buy cheap and sell big. If a few of their signings don’t come off the supporters don’t care too much. They certainly would if it was us.

Yes but what have Brighton won. Nothing…..can’t be that good.
Ridiculous comment.

A few years ago they were down in Div 1 playing at a 7,000 capacity athletics track. Before that they ground shared 60 miles away at Gillingham. I've been to both those stadiums and they make Selhurst look like New WHL.

They've risen 30? 40? positions in the league. They were playing an FA cup semi last season. Playing Ajax and Marseille in Europe.

If WE had had that level of improvement we'd be winning doubles and trebles.

I was asked to reference a club that was doing things well.

Annoying that Barber was one of ours.

If a few of their signings don’t come off the supporters don’t care too much. They certainly would if it was us.
If their signings don't come off they're in relegation trouble. If ours don't we just get new ones or fire the manager.

Clubs like that are one bad managerial mistake from relegation. Saints 2000's eg. Charlton 1990's. Even Spammers, 1990's.

The cunt called Todd was a former NFL executive, assumption the premise to find a big US based corporate sponsor for the naming right but failed or clearly wasnt getting anywhere... secretly seems to be sucking off the other Todd during his tenure .. rather than renting Bohley has permanently bought his small spooner .
Without knowing any of the details and solely looking at actions, it's fair to say that whatever he was doing at Spurs it was thought he was doing a good job seeing he wasn't fired. The Athletic did a big piece of how shit Spurs were last year and detailed within his department many people had left their jobs to go to other Sports Clubs or affiliations, some even left without a job to go to. Perhaps this was a good thing, a department that needed shaking and/or sharpening up, perhaps he was a cunt to work for????

The same article also had Levy as the person who singlehandedly brought in the F1 Cart deal (which seems odd given this guy's title).

Since he arrived at Spurs commercial revenue is up 140%. Which supports the fact that he wasn't getting fired and was thought to be doing a good job???

I think there is also a wide acceptance that Stadium Sponsorship deals are just not done in this country, the only examples are those given to affiliated owner businesses. I can only think of 2 that exist (there must be others) Amex Stadium - which I think makes sense as Brighton is very much a provincial Town that has American Express UK as it's largest employer and the other is The Emirates, which isn't a straight stadium deal as they sponsor their shirts too.

But yeah, the headline news on this fella is that he was hired to bring in a Stadium Sponsor and failed. He didn't bring in the NFL which was Levy and predates his appointment and didn't bring in F1 which was also Levy. It reminds me of when everyone was so gassed about when Utd announced they had poached the City guy the other week, praising him as a brilliant commercial guy, but 75% of their revenues come from Mansour owned companies.

Back
Top Bottom