Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

John's bear-faced lie, pictured earlier...

illustrated-portrait-of-bear-on-beige-background.jpg

Is that what he looks like?

Maybe there is one maybe there isn't mate, I suspect probably there is, but don't forget it's not a first and foremost football stadium, it's a multi purpose arena where we are just merely the main tennant.
Jesus fucking Christ man. It’s obviously primarily a football stadium. It’s the right shape and there’s almost always a football pitch in the middle of it.

We are the anchor tenant in it because we are the most important thing in the stadium operation. The football club makes the most money and the football club is the main reason for the stadium being there.

And we are not alone in being “anchor tenants”. As far as I’m aware, every top flight stadium is owned by a holding company that has the football club as their anchor tenant. If you find one that isn’t, I’d love to hear about it.

And most, if not all other stadiums, are multi use. Concerts, other sports, weddings, functions, etc. We just seem to do it better and more often than others.

Keep the anti ENIC stuff going by all means, but at least choose to attack stuff that’s not based on nonsense.

Jesus fucking Christ man. It’s obviously primarily a football stadium. It’s the right shape and there’s almost always a football pitch in the middle of it.

We are the anchor tenant in it because we are the most important thing in the stadium operation. The football club makes the most money and the football club is the main reason for the stadium being there.

And we are not alone in being “anchor tenants”. As far as I’m aware, every top flight stadium is owned by a holding company that has the football club as their anchor tenant. If you find one that isn’t, I’d love to hear about it.

And most, if not all other stadiums, are multi use. Concerts, other sports, weddings, functions, etc. We just seem to do it better and more often than others.

Keep the anti ENIC stuff going by all means, but at least choose to attack stuff that’s not based on nonsense.
Pity we don't do football related matters on the pitch better and more often than others, if we are a football stadium me old mate👍😊

Pity we don't do football related matters on the pitch better and more often than others, if we are a football stadium me old mate👍😊
That’s better. Complain about something that could be perceived as a concern. Something tangible and not just made up.

Whilst I have less concern than you do about being in fourth place, I fully understand we have major football related issues presently. And I publicly state, once again, that ENIC and Levy are partly to blame for this.

But this constant “anchor tenant” bullshit is just that. Loads of actual stuff to complain about.

That’s better. Complain about something that could be perceived as a concern. Something tangible and not just made up.

Whilst I have less concern than you do about being in fourth place, I fully understand we have major football related issues presently. And I publicly state, once again, that ENIC and Levy are partly to blame for this.

But this constant “anchor tenant” bullshit is just that. Loads of actual stuff to complain about.
It's only second to those anti enic posters that proclaim that the "fans are the problem" as if we have to give up going and stop spending money we enjoy spending to fulfill thier narrative.

I enjoy going to the stadium. I enjoy a few pints with my mates. Yes sometimes the football is a bag of shite but apparently I enable all this.

Lol fourth place 🤣🤣, we are only there at the moment because Liverpool, Chelsea have not got it together, and Newcastle have had a slight wobble since reaching a cup final.
Our form is terrible, and ideally deserve to be around 7th, I doubt very much we will finish top four with that embarrassing excuse of a football team.
As for anchor tenant, all you have done is backed up what I said, anyway have a great day mate I've got work to do now 👍

We want Trossard but make a derisory offer. Woolwich make a real offer and get their man.
Their man breaks records in the assist department.
We sign a cheaper player the manager doesn’t want. He has barely kicked a ball.
That’s how this club operates and nothing will ever change until the owners sell.

I will never understand people who tie themselves into knots to defend these owners, never.

And even when they say "Who's defending them?" It's such a deflection tactic.

It's clear as day that some people here will find any reason to defend certain aspects of their ownership, either through a false sense of loyalty or simply because they are more interested in defending their position rather than trying to see things honestly.

It reminds me of every political discussion these days or basically anything you see on social media, (Andrew Tate, Flat earthers etc aka morons) there is a loyal group of people who, for whatever reason, refuse (or simply don't have the intelligence) to take a step back, engage in some introspection and say "You know what maybe I am wrong on this one and maybe, just maybe, that person is right?"

I think both sides of this debate have crazies, some people who want Levy out can't recognise some of the good they have done for the club and some people on the Levy in side can't recognise the harm they are now doing to the club.

I think all the facts if you look at them from an unbiased perspective, point to a financially well run business, who are failing to have any success where it matters most to the supporters, in the field they have invested in! (football, yes, we ARE a FOOTBALL club.)

If you were to rate ENIC and Levy based solely on football success, after 20+ years I would.say they have failed, that's all that really matters to me.

Maybe people think finishing 4th is success, if that's the case I can at least respect that argument even if I disagree with it.

But I will not ever agree that these owners have the best interests of the FOOTBALL club at heart because it's naive to think so imo.

They only care about making their investment profitable and the easiest way to do that is clearly by not having a reliance on success from football activities because it involves too much risk, money from events and other activities is far easier (and more reliable).

So when people say "They don't care about success or winning trophies" it has an element of truth to it.

If we won something by chance I am sure ENIC and Levy would be over the moon! (After all, it's more money).

But outside of chance/luck they will not take the financial risk to try and win trophies, the only "risk" they are willing take is for CL money, that's it.

And as a supporter of a football club that wants to see us win the best prizes that simply isn't good enough.

Their time is over in my eyes, I want some on pitch ambition and owners who want the biggest prizes.

Last edited:
Lol fourth place 🤣🤣, we are only there at the moment because Liverpool, Chelsea have not got it together, and Newcastle have had a slight wobble since reaching a cup final.
Our form is terrible, and ideally deserve to be around 7th, I doubt very much we will finish top four with that embarrassing excuse of a football team.
As for anchor tenant, all you have done is backed up what I said, anyway have a great day mate I've got work to do now 👍
Yes we are in 4th because Liverpool and Chelsea aren’t playing well. And we aren’t in 1st because City, United and the other lot are playing better. That’s how leagues work. It’s the same every season.

And I came nowhere near backing up your assertion. The simplest of minds could see that.

We want Trossard but make a derisory offer. Woolwich make a real offer and get their man.
Their man breaks records in the assist department.
We sign a cheaper player the manager doesn’t want. He has barely kicked a ball.
That’s how this club operates and nothing will ever change until the owners sell.

Neither of the two clubs or managers really wanted Trossard

We’re in fourth because the teams below us have played less football matches. 3 teams below us would go ahead if they win their games in hand. It’s a completely false position.

We could easily be 7th. In a season where two of the top 6 have been in crisis. Don’t let people saying ‘we’re fourth’ distract you from reality, folks.

We’re in fourth because the teams below us have played less football matches. 3 teams below us would go ahead if they win their games in hand. It’s a completely false position.

We could easily be 7th. In a season where two of the top 6 have been in crisis. Don’t let people saying ‘we’re fourth’ distract you from reality, folks.
No, we’re in fourth because we have more points than fifth and less than third. Nothing to do with matches that haven’t been played yet.

Yes, we could be seventh. We could be third but for an injury time goal at the weekend. But we aren’t. We’re fourth.

Argue as much as you like about anything else. Our managerial situation being a nightmare. Our shite football. Our football strategy. But there’s no real argument to be had with the league table. What if the teams lose their games in hand? Be negative about stuff that’s actually happened.

No, we’re in fourth because we have more points than fifth and less than third. Nothing to do with matches that haven’t been played yet.

Yes, we could be seventh. We could be third but for an injury time goal at the weekend. But we aren’t. We’re fourth.

Argue as much as you like about anything else. Our managerial situation being a nightmare. Our shite football. Our football strategy. But there’s no real argument to be had with the league table. What if the teams lose their games in hand? Be negative about stuff that’s actually happened.

Yes, let's not apply actual context. That would be ridiculous.

There's lots of arguments to be had with a league table where some teams have had the opportunities to gain more points than others. What if we'd played ten more than the teams below us? Would you still be going "we're fourth" as if it means anything?

Wait till everyone has played the same matches, then if we're still fourth go ahead and crow about it, I guess. But we won't be.

And it's not even about being negative. If we'd played less matches than the teams above us then I'd note the context of that because having the opportunity to accrue more points than the teams around you is errr... a big deal.

I will never understand people who tie themselves into knots to defend these owners, never.

And even when they say "Who's defending them?" It's such a deflection tactic.

It's clear as day that some people here will find any reason to defend certain aspects of their ownership either through a false sense of loyalty or simply because they are more interested in defending their position than trying to see things honestly.

It reminds me of every political discussion these days or basically anything you see on social media (Andrew Tate, Flat earthers etc aka morons) there is a loyal group of people who, for whatever reason, refuse (or simply don't have the intelligence) to take a step back, engage in some introspection and say "You know what maybe I am wrong on this one and maybe, just maybe, that person is right?"

I think both sides of this debate have crazies, some people who want Levy out can't recognise some of the good they have done for the club and some people on the Levy in side can't recognise the harm they are now doing to the club.

I think all the facts if you look at them from an unbiased perspective, point to a financially well run business who are failing to have any success where it matters most in the field they have invested in.

If you were to rate ENIC and Levy based solely on football success, after 20+ years I would.say they have failed, that's all that really matters to me.

Maybe people think finishing 4th is success, if that's the case I can at least respect that argument even if I disagree with it.

But I will not ever agree that these owners have the best interests of the FOOTBALL club at heart because it's naive to think so imo.

They only care about making their investment profitable and the easier way to do that is clearly by not having a reliance on success from football activities because it involves too much risk and money from events and other activities is easier and more reliable.

So when people say "They don't care about success or winning trophies" it has an element of truth to it.

If we won something by chance I am sure ENIC and Levy would be over the moon but outside of chance they will not take the financial risk to try and win trophies, the only "risk" they are willing take is for CL money, that's it.

And as a supporter of a football club that wants to see us win the best prizes that simply isn't good enough.

Their time is over in my eyes, I want some on pitch ambition and owners who want the biggest prizes.
Great post. Says everything about the ownership

Back
Top Bottom