Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

End of the day, the odds arent stacked in the favour of spurs fans that want to know what it feels like to win.

Its somewhere between an outside chance and pipe dream at this point.

This is a bitter pill, and if a fan could think objectively they would try to follow a second team to offset the frequent disappointments delivered.

Unfortunately us fans can't do that effectively (myself included) and the owners can rely on this.

They know the fans will keep coming back like a moth to the flame and for the minority who don't, a middle class care free fan will take their premium season ticket.

This isn't what football used to be, and makes me ask questions as to the point of it all beyond watching a kick about on a Saturday.
It certainly feels like it is heavily shifting away from the traditional fanbase. I think the powers that be have realised that they can squeeze more out of this cash cow by marketing it to a more indifferent audience.

It's why the ESL will probably happen, with occasional fixtures all around the world. FIFA, UEFA, the FA...none of them care about the actual fans. They just care about ticket sales and broadcast viewing figures.

At this point I'm considering getting a Bristol Rovers season ticket just to witness something resembling the sport I fell in love with.

Ok this is where I am

I would love ENIC to sell and they and Levy to go , I think one trophy in 23 years is appalling and we are going backwards with them in charge

I also believe they have total contempt for the long suffering fans , we are an irrelevant cash cow to be milked dry.

This is why I don’t buy into the paid Levy bot scenario, he does not give us a second thought 99.95% of the time, Nuno sacking the exception. That was stadium disaffection not forum disaffection that made him act .
Maybe there might be a lurker trying to see if they need to prepare for any organised protest , but I doubt it. He relies on our apathy as part of his strategy and we are very apathetic . Our protests are laughable in all honesty. I think we are such an irrelevance to him no way he pays people to try and convert us , he does not care enough what we think to bother

LEVY OUT, ENIC OUT
I never get the “he doesn’t care what the fans think” on one hand and the “they employ people to come on here and say everything is awesome” on the other. Both can’t be true.

I know you don’t get the ENIC In argument, but you do always seem respectable and not full of shit when you argue your position. And your point on the protests is spot on too.

Until those who claim to feel deeply about all this get themselves in order to do something about it, nothing will change. And that includes engaging with people like me, when I have clearly stated that I don’t care if they stay or go and am strictly on the fence until after the summer window. Instead, alienation of people who think like me and complete inactivity seems to be the plan.

It certainly feels like it is heavily shifting away from the traditional fanbase. I think the powers that be have realised that they can squeeze more out of this cash cow by marketing it to a more indifferent audience.

It's why the USL will probably happen, with occasional fixtures all around the world. FIFA, UEFA, the FA...none of them care about the actual fans. They just care about ticket sales and broadcast viewing figures.

At this point I'm considering getting a Bristol Rovers season ticket just to witness something resembling the sport I fell in love with.

Yep this is a great point.

I've also been considering diverting my money and attention towards a championship team competing for playoffs. Some kind of excitement to be felt that isn't the standard fight for top four routine.

I'm even enjoying following Wrexham more than spurs at this point...its an odd zone to be in

I've also been considering diverting my money and attention towards a championship team competing for playoffs. Some kind of excitement to be felt that isn't the standard fight for top four routine.

I'm even enjoying following Wrexham more than spurs at this point...its an odd zone to be in
It's definitely an odd zone.

A good friend of mine, a lifelong Liverpool fan, has given up on the Prem. He now has a season ticket for Bristol City.

Not sure what happens if they ever go up!

I never get the “he doesn’t care what the fans think” on one hand and the “they employ people to come on here and say everything is awesome” on the other. Both can’t be true.

I know you don’t get the ENIC In argument, but you do always seem respectable and not full of shit when you argue your position. And your point on the protests is spot on too.

Until those who claim to feel deeply about all this get themselves in order to do something about it, nothing will change. And that includes engaging with people like me, when I have clearly stated that I don’t care if they stay or go and am strictly on the fence until after the summer window. Instead, alienation of people who think like me and complete inactivity seems to be the plan.
Even if I thought everything you said was bollocks , which I most certainly don’t , I see no need to get personal and vitriolic . There is likely many many topics we might agree on , so cos we disagree on a trivial thing in the grand scheme of things why should we spew unpleasantries at each other

In five years time we might be doing the same.
That manager search that ended with Nuno is going to happen again.
Kane and Son are going to be replaced by bargain basement substandard players.
No more champions league after this season, only hotels for Arse, Chav and Utd fans to stay in.

It's definitely an odd zone.

A good friend of mine, a lifelong Liverpool fan, has given up on the Prem. He now has a season ticket for Bristol City.

Not sure what happens if they ever go up!
I think it’s the race to spend the most money that is alienating people nowadays. There was always the case that the biggest and richest won the prizes, but it now just seems to be most money wins. Formula 1 in shorts.

I am beginning to lose a bit of interest myself, in as much as I no longer watch any other football, except Spurs, as it’s getting to the point that club owners should just slap their bank statements on the desk in August and whoever has the biggest one, wins the title.

I’ve even tried to go back and watch Aberdeen, but fuck me, the football is truly appalling.

His wages are a red herring. I’d rather concentrate on why we don’t spend enough and on the right quality. Wages to turnover has dropped 10% too so we aren’t competitive on that front either.
Fuck the league table.

Mind the gap.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2424b152-475c-4fb6-898f-8a66f5d6a70b_1650x1810.jpeg

Daniel Levy’s remuneration rose 21% from £2.7m to £3.3m, presumably thanks to the Champions League qualification, which means that the chairman has trousered a cool £40m in the last 13 years. Levy’s £3.3m director’s remuneration is once again the highest in the Premier League

No , Terry and June era , still weird but not certifiable , the very early series I might add. She was hot in the Blood Donor with Tony Hancock. 😃

I think Honor Blackman and felicity Kendal would be my pick of 70s milfy women. Got to say I always saw June Whitfield as more like my Nan.

Even seeing her dressed as a nurse to quote the late great Sean Lock….. “that’s a challenging wank”

Wayne Rooney is probably into her.

Even if I thought everything you said was bollocks , which I most certainly don’t , I see no need to get personal and vitriolic . There is likely many many topics we might agree on , so cos we disagree on a trivial thing in the grand scheme of things why should we spew unpleasantries at each other

I used to browse this forum a lot but stopped a while back because of the relentless negativity/vitriol so fair play on being one of the first from the ENIC out lot to take a rational approach to the argument.

My personal opinion, I've always accepted that Levy is far from perfect but being born in 91 and growing up around United, Chelsea and Woolwich fans there has always been an increased pride for me in winning those big games from doing things the right way. Of course, if we want to win the league it is unlikely without state owned money but I can't imagine how there is anything exciting about being a City fan these days for example. You're expected to win it every year because you have a squad of £50-100m players. I could play football manager and do that if I really wanted.

I just think it's laughable that many of those on the other side of the argument take things to such an extreme. Worst owners in football, chairman that never spends money (then when the figures are shown counters the claim with how the money is spent but wasted), everything on the pitch being Levy's fault, every successful manager being a lucky appointment while every unsuccessful one being down to him. All bad transfers are his fault, countless semi-finals and finals bottled, must be his fault too.

I agree there's a lot he could do better but I can't see how the argument will ever be won with such extremes. If people truly think we're in a bad position as a club relative to 20 years ago, trophy haul aside, then there is no hope.

Daniel Levy’s remuneration rose 21% from £2.7m to £3.3m, presumably thanks to the Champions League qualification, which means that the chairman has trousered a cool £40m in the last 13 years. Levy’s £3.3m director’s remuneration is once again the highest in the Premier League

Out of all of the things you could criticise Levy for, this is a weird one and seems very insignificant. He presides over a multi-billion pound operation of which he owns a considerable share. As ENIC are an investment company, they benefit from us being successful on the pitch and the growing of the brand as a result. The £40m he has taken in the past 13 years is a fraction of what revenue has increased by under his stewardship.

I used to browse this forum a lot but stopped a while back because of the relentless negativity/vitriol so fair play on being one of the first from the ENIC out lot to take a rational approach to the argument.

My personal opinion, I've always accepted that Levy is far from perfect but being born in 91 and growing up around United, Chelsea and Woolwich fans there has always been an increased pride for me in winning those big games from doing things the right way. Of course, if we want to win the league it is unlikely without state owned money but I can't imagine how there is anything exciting about being a City fan these days for example. You're expected to win it every year because you have a squad of £50-100m players. I could play football manager and do that if I really wanted.

I just think it's laughable that many of those on the other side of the argument take things to such an extreme. Worst owners in football, chairman that never spends money (then when the figures are shown counters the claim with how the money is spent but wasted), everything on the pitch being Levy's fault, every successful manager being a lucky appointment while every unsuccessful one being down to him. All bad transfers are his fault, countless semi-finals and finals bottled, must be his fault too.

I agree there's a lot he could do better but I can't see how the argument will ever be won with such extremes. If people truly think we're in a bad position as a club relative to 20 years ago, trophy haul aside, then there is no hope.

Out of all of the things you could criticise Levy for, this is a weird one and seems very insignificant. He presides over a multi-billion pound operation of which he owns a considerable share. As ENIC are an investment company, they benefit from us being successful on the pitch and the growing of the brand as a result. The £40m he has taken in the past 13 years is a fraction of what revenue has increased by under his stewardship.
Not sure how a team being successful isn't exciting, surely winning breeds excitement and the desire for more.
If ENIC benefits from a successful team on the pitch, why then have they not created one during their time as custodians.
Your right, that not every footballing mistake, can be blamed on levy, but continued managerial/player recruitment has not been good a lot of which is on him.

I think Honor Blackman and felicity Kendal would be my pick of 70s milfy women. Got to say I always saw June Whitfield as more like my Nan.

Even seeing her dressed as a nurse to quote the late great Sean Lock….. “that’s a challenging wank”

Wayne Rooney is probably into her.
It was a bit tongue in cheek . If I go British Susan George , Italian Claudia Cardinale , American Raquel Welch from that era

Shout out for a young Helen Mirren as well

Last edited:
Of course, if we want to win the league it is unlikely without state owned money but I can't imagine how there is anything exciting about being a City fan these days for example. You're expected to win it every year because you have a squad of £50-100m players. I could play football manager and do that if I really wanted.

Does it help being owned by a country or a Russian oligarch? Sure, but ManU, woolwich, Leicester, and Liverpool aren't state owned and combined they have won the PL 6 times, CL twice, EL once, six league cups, and six FA cups since we last won our league cup.

We haven't won a trophy in almost 15 years now. I don't think we're in any danger of being bored of winning anytime soon.

Levy is right that winning stuff is hard , that’s why teams have plans & projects set into their transfer policy & team structure ,( Brighton are flavour of the month regarding players but they also did get a replacement manager who was able to continue their philosophy .)
You can do this with either , shit loads of cash or people who are very good at their jobs , be that finding youth for the long term or gems in the transfer market we clearly haven't had that , maybe with our current DoF but who knows what’s going to happen to him. As for our team philosophy, it flips flops with every managerial sacking which you can only conclude is down to no planning

Maybe if we called the philosophy for football “ planning permission “ Levy may get excited about it cause at the moment it seems that the owner’s complacency is fucking up the footballing side of THFC .

It’s only going to get worse if they maintain this as the team is in urgent need of surgery now & this should have been addressed a long time ago.

The post regarding the same back three against Colchester is shocking

Back
Top Bottom