Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty much where i'm at. I never wanted owners like that but the whole things gone to shite anyway. If its not us it'll be a Fulham, Villa, Palace or whoever and we're under even more pressure. In a strange way if all the top 6 or 7 have big backers it makes it fairer. Its not like 20 years ago when it was just Chelsea, even with this backing there's loads of competition.

think Leeds would be a good bet. They have been linked to Qatari investment in the recent past.

Sure there will be a way round it if FIFA/UEFA get enough envelopes

He is high up at uefa isn’t he actually and him and levy know each other as they are on the board of the European clubs association together.

Who knows though, maybe they’ll look to dis-invest from PSG if they got their claws into a PL club. Saying that, we aren’t lucky enough to be bought by owners with bottomless pits of cash so I’m sceptical this is true on that basis.

What's the point in a minority stake if you can't make any decisions? is there any benefit to the investors?

What are they getting for their money?

What's the point in a minority stake if you can't make any decisions? is there any benefit to the investors?

What are they getting for their money?
Maybe stadium name , sponsor etc

They’ve got money to burn , obviously I’ve no idea but making a profit doesn’t seem high on their list

Why would a Qatari Investment Fund want to invest in a "historically Jewish Club"? I'm not jewish, so I don't care about that part, but it seems very weird. I wouldn't like it, but I'd accept it. As the old saying goes, there is no billionaire that has become a billionaire fairly,, which also works for countries/states, so even if Apple took us over, they generate revenue off the back of cheap labour in China which doesn't exactly make them angels either...

It won’t happen. Levy and Lewis aren’t going to dilute their shares for anyone. It will be a full take over or nothing I would think.
Yeah it sounds like more bollocks.

At the moment the club is little more than an ENIC cash cow. Our lack of success needs to be reflected in their profit margin before anything changes.

Interesting timing though, considering fans have put a flame up their backsides in the last couple of weeks on social media and at the games
I’d imagine getting Levy and NAK in a room together probably took more than a couple of weeks of notice. Maybe not, but my diary is booked solid for a month and I’m nobody.

Doubt this will impact even if it happens. Mostly like some small stake it won’t be here is a load of money, although I feel a bit Gross having a government own part of the club. How the fuck have the FA allowed ownership like this.

Abramovich really did change football for the worse.

I’d imagine getting Levy and NAK in a room together probably took more than a couple of weeks of notice. Maybe not, but my diary is booked solid for a month and I’m nobody.
Yeah. This meeting was probably scheduled a while back. But Levy is also on the ECA executive board, which is chaired by Al-Khelaifi. So they probably talk more than people expect.

Does minority ownership mean we get all of the negatives of sport washing and none of the benefits.

I mean, fuck me, if we get in bed with Qatar and still fail to win that really will be beyond tragic.

Does minority ownership mean we get all of the negatives of sport washing and none of the benefits.

I mean, fuck me, if we get in bed with Qatar and still fail to win that really will be beyond tragic.

Mostly like if we get say 20% it will be a cash injection but little else. They ain’t gonna take control of the club and buy titles.

Back
Top Bottom