Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd quite like an intelligent CB too.
Just buy as many technically good players with a decent work ethic as we can. They dont have to be world beaters yet, just players that have the raw materials to be improved by good coaching, because we have a good coach.
Good point and we already have match winners so don’t need world beaters…..just technically good, functional players.

The Juve lads are good examples of that

Since when did season tickets get renewed at this stage? Has this always been the case?

I'm more used to the ST deadline occurring while there is a blockbuster transfer rumour in the media before the inevitable.......

"our valuations were too far apart in the end"
No it isn't. Levy sinking to even more lower depths. People can say but he froze season ticket prices but they still cost 1000 quid.

I see Chelsea have already secured a buyer.

We can’t even sell naming rights to the stadium three years on.

Fuck off Levy you cunt
Ahem, they haven’t but they will as they have prospective buyers. Hardly surprising given that the figure quoted is about 500 million LESS than was talked about previously. Not exactly a fire sale but distressed assets maybe.
But, yes, out naming rights situation is a joke.
We’ve probably lost 60 million so that Levy can gain 5 mill a year over 10 years. Obviously, no accountants at THFC.

Ahem, they haven’t but they will as they have prospective buyers. Hardly surprising given that the figure quoted is about 500 million LESS than was talked about previously. Not exactly a fire sale but distressed assets maybe.
But, yes, out naming rights situation is a joke.
We’ve probably lost 60 million so that Levy can gain 5 mill a year over 10 years. Obviously, no accountants at THFC.

You could have just hit agree and not put yourself through that

Levy thinks he is a lot smarter than the evidence suggests he is in my opinion . Unfortunately for us long suffering fans success on the pitch is clearly not the metric Joe Lewis seems to judge him on .
We can expect more of the same going forward

It amazes me how many people are interested in purchasing Chelsea for the price they are asking in such a short time. I'm sure our club would have a lot of intrest also. You would think after all this time if levey and Co don't want to spend big to compete why they don't just sell up.

Levy thinks he is a lot smarter than the evidence suggests he is in my opinion . Unfortunately for us long suffering fans success on the pitch is clearly not the metric Joe Lewis seems to judge him on .
We can expect more of the same going forward

I think too many fans give him too much credit.
This whole argument of "we're better off now than we were in the 90's" is bullshit as football existed before the 90's
And we were more likely to win things in the 90's than now.
Levy has continually made very poor football decisions that have set us back repeatedly.
These are not the actions of a "clever businessman"

It amazes me how many people are interested in purchasing Chelsea for the price they are asking in such a short time. I'm sure our club would have a lot of intrest also. You would think after all this time if levey and Co don't want to spend big to compete why they don't just sell up.
Why would they want to sell up

Making plenty of money and most of our fans give them a free pass to turn us into a property empire

In fact many seem to celebrate it as a success

Levy seems to be looking for new investors/part owners based on recent news and rumours.

The issue I guess is Joe Lewis and if he is willing to sell, and how much. You'd think that a 84 year old would be interested in cashing out by now.

Back
Top Bottom