Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How so when I said naming rights will earn the club money?
You said its owned by Tottenham Hotspur. I assumed you thought that because it's now called the Tottenham Hotspur stadium. Apologies if thats not the case.
Naming rights will earn ENIC money.
Wether that's used to to adequately strengthen the football team to a level where we start winning major silverware remains to be seen.
Nobody really knows the answer right now. Not you, not,me
We all just have opinions on what we expect to happen.

sammyspurs sammyspurs right now

giphy.gif

Suggest you read the Trust minutes for more accurate information - the ES journo is extrapolating from the Trust minutes and seems to be trying to make 2+2=6 or 10

No names were mentioned in the Trust minutes, so its all hypothetical.

1. Levy did say that he couldn't force players out of Spurs (nb. reliable press information during TW might suggest that refers to Wanyama and Aurier. Rose was said to have been given time off in pre-season to help find another club, but that's not the same as Spurs trying to force him out and failing)

2. Levy did say he couldn't force players to sign another deal (one presumes this might apply to Eriksen, Alderweireld and possibly Vertonghen ? But only from heresay ? )

You said its owned by Tottenham Hotspur. I assumed you thought that because it's now called the Tottenham Hotspur stadium. Apologies if thats not the case.
Naming rights will earn ENIC money.
Wether that's used to to adequately strengthen the football team to a level where we start winning major silverware remains to be seen.
Nobody really knows the answer right now. Not you, not,me
We all just have opinions on what we expect to happen.

Tottenham Hotspur Limited both own the football club and the stadium (although this maybe owned by a subsidiary of it) and have entered into the banking arrangements to build it.

So atm, Toteenham Hotspur as owners of the stadium will earn the naming rights.

ENIC gain if/when they sell the football club and stadium etc, not immediately the naming rights are sold (if they are - atm tv coverage of Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in north America is getting the club's name around quite a lot)

Tottenham Hotspur Limited both own the football club and the stadium (although this maybe owned by a subsidiary of it) and have entered into the banking arrangements to build it.
Nailed it.
The outstanding debt, which is expected to inolve a low interest 30 year repayment term, could be levied against the football club or any susidiary of it, which may or may not include any future subsidiaries, either purchased or in association with Tottenham Hotspur Ltd through the majority shareholder, ENIC international Ltd.
This could well include a permanent UK based NFL franchise. Likewise, at a later date, Tottenham Hotspur Ltd could be sold regardless of wether the banking arrangements are still levied against the foorball club.
In short, ENIC own the stadium, and are currently responsible for the repayment agreements, and they own Tottenham Hotspur Ltd.
The new naming rights deal, together with the probable NFL franchise, means any future relationship between Tottenham Hotspur, the stadium and the debt is completely unpredictable and open to conjecture

This was posted in the the Levy Out? thread, by yours truly. Shame I have to repeat myself, but i'll make an exception just for you.

"It's an NFL stadium and that's the key message.
From the very start during the design phase we have had NFL in mind.
The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur , BUT, this is designed to be a permanent home for NFL outside the US..

Tottenham Hotspur head of business development in March this year.

There's concrete evidence of the prominent role ENIC hope the NFL takes at the new stadium. Right in front of your nose.

Uncomfortable reading, isn't it
You are next level imbecilic. Maybe only surpassed by your fluffer.

It is a MULTI-PURPOSE sports ground, as it always has been. Like pretty much every major sports ground in the world. Like the old White Hart Lane. Like the White Hart Lane that was before that. Now, it's also the best in the world.

But I want you to sit on your opinion openly and honestly so we can all come back here and laugh.

You believe, in the future, White Hart Lane will be the home of an NFL franchise as it's PRIMARY tenant, rather than Tottenham Hotspur and Tottenham Hotspur, the football team, will become a, and I quote ''warm up act''?

Last edited:
Suggest you read the Trust minutes for more accurate information - the ES journo is extrapolating from the Trust minutes and seems to be trying to make 2+2=6 or 10

No names were mentioned in the Trust minutes, so its all hypothetical.

1. Levy did say that he couldn't force players out of Spurs (nb. reliable press information during TW might suggest that refers to Wanyama and Aurier. Rose was said to have been given time off in pre-season to help find another club, but that's not the same as Spurs trying to force him out and failing)

2. Levy did say he couldn't force players to sign another deal (one presumes this might apply to Eriksen, Alderweireld and possibly Vertonghen ? But only from heresay ? )
Don't expect John to inform himself of anything.

He gets his opinions from the ramblings of racist bloggers.

Last edited:
One of you NFL bods correct me if I'm wrong, but the maximum amount of home games an NFL side can play in any season is around 10? 8, if you don't get to the playoffs, which a European side wouldn't.

Spurs play around 25-30 home games a season depending on cup draws.

So, only 8 weeks (of the 52) or so of American Football can ever be played at White Hart Lane, whilst Football will be played August to May.

But yea, we're on the road to White Hart Lane being primarily an American Football ground. Maybe those other 44 weeks where no NFL can be played the evil ENIC will bring in the circus for us to ''warm up'' for. Maybe a Michael McIntyre residency?

The levels of stupid in our fanbase elevate every season. Critical thinking is a dying art.

You are next level imbecilic. Maybe only surpassed by your fluffer.

It is a MULTI-PURPOSE sports ground, as it always has been.
You believe, in the future, White Hart Lane will be the home of an NFL franchise as it's PRIMARY tenant, rather than Tottenham Hotspur and Tottenham Hotspur, the football team, will become a, and I quote ''warm up act''?
Listen to yourself, won't you.
An informed, intelligent, respectful debate has been taking place then you wade in like a loose cannon with an opening line like that!
Maybe next time you could have the decency to read my post before jumping on your high horse in ignorance. It's a bad habit of yours that I'm sure a lot of others have picked up on.

What I actually said was a single UK based NFL franchise is 100% going to be more lucrative and generate more wonga than one of 20 premier leage football teams.
If ,when, that happens, there is a danger that we become the warm up act if Levy realises his self professed dream of basing that franchise in the New Stadium.

I'd say those are legitimate concerns, and as a Spurs fan, I'm surprised you brush them off with such disdain.

Although when I realise it's you we're talking about, I'm not that surprised at all.

One of you NFL bods correct me if I'm wrong, but the maximum amount of home games an NFL side can play in any season is around 10? 8, if you don't get to the playoffs, which a European side wouldn't.

Spurs play around 25-30 home games a season depending on cup draws.

So, only 8 weeks (of the 52) or so of American Football can ever be played at White Hart Lane, whilst Football will be played August to May.

But yea, we're on the road to White Hart Lane being primarily an American Football ground. Maybe those other 44 weeks where no NFL can be played the evil ENIC will bring in the circus for us to ''warm up'' for. Maybe a Michael McIntyre residency?

The levels of stupid in our fanbase elevate every season. Critical thinking is a dying art.

Going to the stadium now what strikes me most is level of investment around the place. Some really nice flats being built and shop fronts improving
Hopefully in time concerts etc will start to be staged there as well. I don’t think it will detract from the football.

It can only be good for the local area and people living there, I really hope they see some huge benefits to the spaceship type building being in their midst. (At least until they get priced out of the area but unfortunately that’s how life works)

Rewind a few years back and I remember walking those same streets post riots. Amazing really.

Also I like the fact the stadium is very digital.
Whatever legacy ENIC leaves I do think that they have proven to be forward thinking enough to sustain the club beyond the “Sky/BT” years, hopefully we can be at the forefront of whatever is next.

I’m not going to pretend I’m ENICs biggest fan. As I’m really not. But credit where credit is due.

Listen to yourself, won't you.
An informed, intelligent, respectful debate has been taking place then you wade in like a loose cannon with an opening line like that!
Maybe next time you could have the decency to read my post before jumping on your high horse in ignorance. It's a bad habit of yours that I'm sure a lot of others have picked up on.

What I actually said was a single UK based NFL franchise is 100% going to be more lucrative and generate more wonga than one of 20 premier leage football teams.
If ,when, that happens, there is a danger that we become the warm up act if Levy realises his self professed dream of basing that franchise in the New Stadium.

I'd say those are legitimate concerns, and as a Spurs fan, I'm surprised you brush them off with such disdain.

Although when I realise it's you we're talking about, I'm not that surprised at all.
Sorry man, I forgot this is a family forum.

It's good to see you retreat from the ridiculous assertion that we could ever become a warm up act at our own ground when faced with the facts I presented about the capability of hosting an American Football franchise at WHL.

Good for you, the capability of contrition is a new trait. A noble one.

Now, let's delve into the next thing you've assumed. A ''UK based NFL franchise is 100% going to be more lucrative and generate more wonga than a Premier League football team''.

Would you like to present some facts and figures for this? You know, evidence?

In Forbes most recent list of the World's Most Valuable Sports Teams, in the top ten were three NFL sides and three football teams.

Do you have the figures on how much revenue was made in the NFL games held at WHL? What we can do then is apply that figure to create a season wide guestimate (multiply by number of regular season NFL games) and get a season total then compare it to the matchday revenue created by Tottenham Hotspur.

The sums will be approximately:

NFL Matchday Revenue X Number of regular season NFL games played at home (8-10) = Total NFL Matchday Revenue
THFC Matchday Revenue X Number of home games played in a football season (25-30) - Total THFC Matchday Revenue

I'm sure you'll you say have better things to do. But evidence is the enemy of bullshitter.

P.s. There is no chance Tottenham Hotspur will ever be a warm up act at White Hart Lane.

FYI in it's history, White Hart Lane has hosted Baseball, Boxing and American Football as well as concerts.

But it's always been only a football stadium apparently.

:levylol:

The original WHL was designed specially as a football stadium - it was a football stadium that was used sparingly for other sporting events.

The new stadium however is not - it has specially be designed to be both a football stadium and an American football stadium - with both being permanent fixtures.

And there were substantially costings incurred to ensure that and unlike other 'multi purpose' stadiums (which really are not )it does not have shoe horn those sports into what is clearly a football stadium.

I'm not particularly bothered by the NFL aspect but its patently false to suggest that the new stadium is simply a continuation of before or that this wasn't factored into the equation which the objective of securing a NFL franchise there.

The original WHL was designed specially as a football stadium - it was a football stadium that was used sparingly for other sporting events.

The new stadium however is not - it has specially be designed to be both a football stadium and an American football stadium - with both being permanent fixtures.

And there were substantially costings incurred to ensure that and unlike other 'multi purpose' stadiums (which really are not )it does not have shoe horn those sports into what is clearly a football stadium.

I'm not particularly bothered by the NFL aspect but its patently false to suggest that the new stadium is simply a continuation of before or that this wasn't factored into the equation which the objective of securing a NFL franchise there.
And two NFL games a year isn't sparingly?

It is primarily a football stadium, it will never be primarily anything else as suggested. Tottenham Hotspur are not in danger of becoming a ''warm up act''.

Even if a franchise does get made, and placed at WHL, it will still only host American Football sparingly (8 games).

And two NFL games a year isn't sparingly?

It is primarily a football stadium, it will never be primarily anything else as suggested. Tottenham Hotspur are not in danger of becoming a ''warm up act''.

Even if a franchise does get made, and placed at WHL, it will still only host American Football sparingly (8 games).

2 games a year for a decade is somewhat away from a boxing match here and there.

And no its not primarily a football stadium - its a stadium that caters for both which is why it has separate pitches and separate facilities.

The intention is abundantly clear they want a UK based franchise ( which is inevitable) to be based there and it will because no other UK based site comes close to being able accommodate it in the same degree.

Again I don't particularly care but to try and pass this off as a continuation of the past and to suggest that 300 million Americans wont associate the site with the NFL rather than Tottenham Hotspur is simply being dishonest.

2 games a year for a decade is somewhat away from a boxing match here and there.

And no its not primarily a football stadium - its a stadium that caters for both which is why it has separate pitches and separate facilities.

The intention is abundantly clear they want a UK based franchise ( which is inevitable) to be based there and it will because no other UK based site comes close to being able accommodate it in the same degree.

Again I don't particularly care but to try and pass this off as a continuation of the past and to suggest that 300 million Americans wont associate the site with the NFL rather than Tottenham Hotspur is simply being dishonest.
What America associates our stadium as has literally nothing to do with what the stadium actually is. Nor, is it relevant as it's something no Spurs fan should give a fuck about. Most of America think they won World War II.

It is multi-purpose stadium, as it has always been, which primarily hosts Tottenham Hotspur football matches, and always will.

It being able to cater to other sports such as American Football and Rugby, doesn't make it equally a stadium for those sports as opposed to primarily home of football team Tottenham Hotspur.

If it's not primarily a football stadium, why is it currently named after a fucking football team!

Doi!

:levyeyes:

Last edited:
Sorry man, I forgot this is a family forum.

It's good to see you retreat from the ridiculous assertion that we could ever become a warm up act at our own ground when faced with the facts I presented about the capability of hosting an American Football franchise at WHL.

Good for you, the capability of contrition is a new trait. A noble one.

Now, let's delve into the next thing you've assumed. A ''UK based NFL franchise is 100% going to be more lucrative and generate more wonga than a Premier League football team''.

Would you like to present some facts and figures for this? You know, evidence?

In Forbes most recent list of the World's Most Valuable Sports Teams, in the top ten were three NFL sides and three football teams.

Do you have the figures on how much revenue was made in the NFL games held at WHL? What we can do then is apply that figure to create a season wide guestimate (multiply by number of regular season NFL games) and get a season total then compare it to the matchday revenue created by Tottenham Hotspur.

The sums will be approximately:

NFL Matchday Revenue X Number of regular season NFL games played at home (8-10) = Total NFL Matchday Revenue
THFC Matchday Revenue X Number of home games played in a football season (25-30) - Total THFC Matchday Revenue

I'm sure you'll you say have better things to do. But evidence is the enemy of bullshitter.

P.s. There is no chance Tottenham Hotspur will ever be a warm up act at White Hart Lane.
Something you're deliberately overlooking is that although Spurs are a big club, we are only one of many, many big football clubs in the UK.
It's highly unlikely that this country would ever host more than one NFL franchise, that NFL team will have a monopoly and will of course be highly lucrative and groundbreaking as a result.
That's why ENIC are so desperate to land it.

And you keep talking about match day revenue as if its the cornerstone of the modern game.
We both know that's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom