Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are there trophies for best hotel?
Most trophies of any singer ever.

0001223520.jpg

Can't sing that at the Emirates.

OMG LOL!!!!!!!!!!

:levywhoa::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol:

Couple of reasons he’s name checked Levy I reckon.

1) Levy is the absolute antithesis of what Pep believes in, by placing Business and infrastructure ahead of on field success, as well as employing managers like Mourinho, Conte who play football completely against what Pep believes in.
2) Despite the above, we have done his City side in on numerous occasions over the last few years, something which clearly grates more and more on him with each passing defeat.

Quite hilarious in all honesty.

Be shocked if it’s done in 20-30 years. Bit of maintenance that could go at least 50-60.
For accounting purposes the fixed asset has to be deprecated across a reasonable life span. You would have to prove that 50 -60 years. I assume we are using a 15-20 year timescale which would be prudent for any fixed assets useful life because the wear and tear and upkeep have to be accounted for. Woolwich deprecated there stadium over a 15 year period which has meant they can spend more.

Within touching distance of what?

Whatever your holy grail is - you choose. The point is we are closer than we have ever been before on paper.

3rd rate domestic cups? European Trophies? Title challenges?

Jay Z tour dates? Tyson Fury fights?

Probably not the Super Bowl. Let’s be realistic here.

Couple of reasons he’s name checked Levy I reckon.

1) Levy is the absolute antithesis of what Pep believes in, by placing Business and infrastructure ahead of on field success, as well as employing managers like Mourinho, Conte who play football completely against what Pep believes in.
2) Despite the above, we have done his City side in on numerous occasions over the last few years, something which clearly grates more and more on him with each passing defeat.

Quite hilarious in all honesty.
He also refused to roll over and gift wrap Kane for Pep.

I am not certain, but I think that Levy may be the first chairman to play this level of hardball with Pep. He's always gotten what he wants, even if he has had to wait a little bit. And then along came Daniel.

Obviously we sold Walker to them, but Walker was not as integral to the current project as Kane is.

I am not certain, but I think that Levy may be the first chairman to play this level of hardball with Pep. He's always gotten what he wants, even if he has had to wait a little bit. And then along came Daniel.

Obviously we sold Walker to them, but Walker was not as integral to the current project as Kane is.
Fair point. I doubt he’s ever wanted a player as much as he wanted Kane and not got him.

Anyone had the latest club survey on equality and the Y word? I haven't but some people are getting it. 15 questions. Let see if they are as loaded as the last couple.
Simply asked lots of questions to put me in the appropriate box… and then asked if I found the Y word offensive “in a footballing context”.

'All of these activities create diversified sources of funding to invest in our principal core activity, football.'

Hopefully this statement goes a long way to reassuring fans that ENIC/Levy aren't just in it for the hotels/golf courses etc.

'We share our supporters’ frustrations at so many ‘near misses’ resulting in a lack of trophies. Over the last two decades we have been in 14 semi-finals, made it to six finals and only won one of them. It must be our hope that we are soon celebrating a trophy win. We are immensely grateful to our fans who have supported us throughout and we want nothing more than to see them rewarded for their loyalty and passion.'

At least they recognise the frustration.

Overall I think it's quite a positive statement. They've recognised the issues that get addressed on this forum most days. By the sounds of things they aren't going anywhere or looking to sell, so for me it's just about supporting the club in the best possible way because the long term future of this club is in good hands.

Do you think any club owners value the league cup over CL football?
They probably don't, and the financial incentives are super clear.

And it's fair to say that not all of our managers have downgraded the cups equally. Big change in mentality between Poch and Jose, for instance.

But we would not have an empty trophy case since 2008 if emphasis had been placed from the top on winning non-CL cups. And think how different things would be if that were true.

Yeah this is the one. Our bald prick didn't bend over and give Pep Kane (bless him). Pep, the spoiled child, hates him for that, and hates the fact that he had to settle for another striker who, although brilliant in his own right, doesn't fit the system Pep plays at all.

What a great few days for Daniel

1) Fantastic documentary showcasing the man, the myth, the legend
2) Happy 61st Birthday, he doesn't look a day over 60 :cool:
3) Everyone likes him now because he lives in Pep's head rent free (He's saved money again)

What a hat trick!

zPPWPG5.gif

I'm in awe 💪

They probably don't, and the financial incentives are super clear.

And it's fair to say that not all of our managers have downgraded the cups equally. Big change in mentality between Poch and Jose, for instance.

But we would not have an empty trophy case since 2008 if emphasis had been placed from the top on winning non-CL cups. And think how different things would be if that were true.

Im not sure how things would differ in that scenario tbh we don't treat the cups any differently to other clubs from what i can see - rotate when you can in the early rounds and then field stronger teams/first XI in the latter rounds if/when you get there - this is what every club does and we're no exception.

Back
Top Bottom