Lennon: We gave speed a chance

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So it's lennon's turn to be slagged off is it now? Who needs enemies when you have friends like us?

He has never been a prolific scorer or assist maker but I always feel that the side offers far more balance and overall strength when is in in the team. His tactical discipline is very strong, sometimes to his detriment (perhaps the reason he was shit in the last match v Everton was Tim playing him in a front three.)

I don't doubt there are better players out there but we have far more pressing areas of the team which need replacing at the moment.
apparantly now that is the spurs fans way ... every player is good untill we decide he's shite and forget all that he offers/offered

Selling Lennon is wrong , people bang on about Lamela who has proved absolutely nothing but Lennon who gives his all time and time again (and has a bit of a rough patch atm) needs to leave ? He scares full backs and he constantly makes them look over their shoulders, he can drift in , go outside and yes his crossing is very much hit and miss but not as bad as people would let you believe.

Well , loyalty in the modern game is gone and not only from the players.

Don't think we should be selling him but he does fail to deliver at times with goals and assists. Should be getting more.

They are younger, have more miles in the tank, have shown that they can shoot and/or cross, and havent wasted close to a decade running down blind alleys.

Teams evolve, Lennon is yesterday. Let it go, inner peace will find you when you do,
You must be on the boozer, mate - with respect

Lamela has been utter pants this season and Townsend's hype is built around two decent performances for England and a few surging runs forward again Palace and Swansea

Hate to break it to you, but Townsend was an unused sub against Palace earlier in the season, and wasn't available when we played them last month.

He's been a solid 6.5/10 like most of our team. Doing his job and offering pace going forward - something none of our other mids currently offer

So one of our most senior players has been the team average. Like I said he's been average at best, not sure why you've disagreed with me then.

or maybe he couldn't cope with pushing Baines back and Baines was pushing him back

And that's what happens to about every winger that playes against Baines, prob the best LB in the league - kinda harsh on Lennon. I've seen Valencia, Hazard, Walcott and Sterling suffer against him and those are the wingers the old sky top 4 are using now ...

And that's what happens to about every winger that playes against Baines, prob the best LB in the league - kinda harsh on Lennon. I've seen Valencia, Hazard, Walcott and Sterling suffer against him and those are the wingers the old sky top 4 are using now ...
you sure mate?

He's 100 times the footballer Jenas could ever be - both ability and intelligence - wise.

The entire team has been average at best this season - with the exception of Eriksen and Paulinho at times.

Lennon is not a forward - he is a winger and if you've ever played the game you would know that all midfield units drops to defend when the ball is lost. Knocking him for that is preposterous, really.

All this with a predictable Lamela reach-around - a player who has shown absolutely fuck all this season to even suggest a place ahead of him
Agree with the Lennon part , disagree with the Jenas and Eriksen/Paulinho part but in this thread chose to click agree

I must have been mistaken thinking we were playing at home. On the other wing Coleman, top scoring defender for the season I believe got less joy up against Eriksen, a player who moves into a central position during the game.

Not that game a couple of weeks ago (didnt see that one so no idea if both featured) , granted. The point i tried to make was that when up against Baines, every winger is probably going to have a mare.

Hazard plays on the left for Chelsea..... You're sure you're Belgian?

Not that game a couple of weeks ago (didnt see that one so no idea if both featured) , granted. The point i tried to make was that when up against Baines, every winger is probably going to have a mare.
I remember a few years ago Lennon skinning Baines at WHL and scoring (the game that was postponed for the riots).

Since then Baines has improved, Lennon hasnt. he is the same player that arrived all those years ago. he isnt getting any better, or quicker. Sell up, cash in. Let go.

Baines is undoubtedly a cracking full back. But Lennon hasn't been good enough in his last few games, Sunday wasn't an isolated performance.

I must have been mistaken thinking we were playing at home. On the other wing Coleman, top scoring defender for the season I believe got less joy up against Eriksen, a player who moves into a central position during the game.
You really are serious arent you ? You are really using Coleman's scoring record to prove your point about Lennon suffering against Baines ? You dont think that these two players are almost lightyears apart? Its a game of opinions again isnt it, you think Lennon is average and him suffering against Baines just proves that, me i obv disagree - no point in trying to convince one another.

Hazard plays on the left for Chelsea..... You're sure you're Belgian?
ok i know you are deliberatly trying to piss me off now lol , watch a Chelsea game and look at Hazard and William/Schurrle/... and their interchanging positions ... He mainly plays left but always pops up on the right too

I just fancied busting your chops. x

46185199_266022.gif

Back
Top Bottom