Leicester v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's great isn't it?

Got points off Chelsea and Woolwich whilst handing us 3 lovely points.

I don't think they beat Liverpool on Sunday but they MAY be able to bore them to a draw.
Liverpool is their cup final. They'll be up for it the same way Woolwich raised their game against us. And they'd love to end their unbeaten start. I can see a 2-0 United win.

In years gone by, I'd usually agree.

This season though (and probably last season too), I'm not so sure. Liverpool and Man City will not lose a single game at home in the Premier League this season and I'd be amazed if ANY away teams (apart from perhaps those in the top 5) can get a point off them. Such is the gulf in class between the top 5 and the rest. I also think the same for us too, we shouldn't be dropping ANY home points to teams outside the top 5, it's already disappointing that we lost to both Liverpool and Man City there.

Hard to see what grounds they drop points at away from home either. Perhaps Goodison Park? Beyond that I can't see any other potential banana skins. Could have perhaps said Watford and Bournemouth after bright starts from both but Liverpool and City have both beaten Watford away and Liverpool absolutely obliterated Bournemouth today.

Liverpool have only dropped 6 points all season (All against teams in the top 5). Man City have dropped 7 (Liverpool, Chelsea and Wolves). Maybe Wolves away could prove to be tricky for Liverpool.

Current points = 36 points
Win out remaining games 1st 1/2 of season = +9 points
Wins versus PL minus top 5 rest of season = +42 points
Draws versus PL top 5 rest of season = +5 points
Total = 92 points

Win versus Liverpool, City or Chelsea away = +2 per
Win versus Woolwich or United home = +2 per

Point being, we have a real chance of getting 90+ points this season.
We absolutely should talking about being at least dark horse candidates in the title run. Win at Anfield and City away and we are within 3 of each!

Superb performance against a horrible tiny little club. 'you've never won fuck all' they sang. The irony is lost on the thick scum. Well played boys and great support from the fans on what is a cunt of a journey this time of night. Leave those 'can i have your shirt' banners at home if you are older than 8 though. Cringe.
Don’t bite Fishy. You know better.

Team is doing great right now.
If it seems a bit meh or poor, well, its cause it's the prem.
It's not like this is easy. Nobody is just giving wins away for free.
We've taken every team's best shot so far this first half of the season and still have 36 points with 3 matches to play! That is incredible!
Fans are becoming too accustomed to our steady success. Quit being so jaded you punks!

FFS we know what that '1' is, now, don't we.

giphy.gif

I didn't wanna say, i can do without being voted into the sin bin..

:pochohshit:

Dele was onside. Forget the defender nearest to him, look at Morgan.
Using the mower lines on pitch surface as a straight line guide Morgan’s trailing foot is in line with deles

Yet they took no notice of Morgan and concentrated on Evans to confirm he was offside

So fuck off lineker
And all 3 gooner maggots dived.
But we won’t here anymore about the kid with the hair, ( or granite Yale the leader.) like they crucified Dele for far more ambiguous incidents .
Let’s see if he gets it from the press or fellow pros

Divey Alley
Remember that lineker

Dele was onside. Forget the defender nearest to him, look at Morgan.
Using the mower lines on pitch surface as a straight line guide Morgan’s trailing foot is in line with deles

Yet they took no notice of Morgan and concentrated on Evans to confirm he was offside

So fuck off lineker
And all 3 gooner maggots dived.
But we won’t here anymore about the kid with the hair, ( or granite Yale the leader.) like they crucified Dele for far more ambiguous incidents .
Let’s see if he gets it from the press or fellow pros

Divey Alley
Remember that lineker

No, it’s funnier if he was offside. I wish he’d been sitting on the crossbar - and you’re wrong anyway. Deli is closer to the 18 yard line than Morgan, and I for one think it’s hilarious.

Last edited:
8 league away wins by December is a superb effort. Our record is an incredible 16 in the glorious double season which we clinched by winning the cup against some serial losers who's name escapes me.

I believe that i am correct in saying that so far our win total for the season is the best sequence since 1961?

After checking the remaining fixtures it looks like we only have nine away PL fixtures left, with thirteen at home. That could make all the difference for us.

Aside from Citeh away, April and May should (deep breath) be a breeze?

Brighton
Huddersfield
Citeh
Pikey Boys
Barnmath

No, it’s funnier if he was offside. I wish he’d been sitting on the crossbar - and you’re wrong anyway. Deli is closer to the 18 yard box than Morgan, and I for one think it’s hilarious.
To me it looks level, then again I’m in my 8th week of medication in hospital
Viewing on an iPhone 4
I agree, it would be hilarious if it was blatantly offside.
Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.

Just got home. Fucking M1 had to be closed didn’t it. Leicester is the most annoying place in England. Garbage, pointless town. And their club? Utter shite. Main reflection from the game is how easy it was. Not since Villa away (when they went down) have I been to such a one-sided match. Perfect for us given our run of games. Their fans were awful. So much plastic aggro. Ours were a bit ‘Paxton’ to be fair. But we were in cruise control on and off the pitch. Was hoping for more of an edge to proceedings (probably too excited by the TBWAH thread...). All in all, a victory that won’t live long in the memory.

To me it looks level, then again I’m in my 8th week of medication in hospital
Viewing on an iPhone 4
I agree, it would be hilarious if it was blatantly offside.
Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.

Alli's right foot looks offsides.
He seems to be aware of this and appears to be leaning his upper body and head onsides to trick the linesman.
Brilliant play no matter how you cut it.

Back
Top Bottom