Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please.....compare this to Newcastle and Villa.

If Eriksen was playing, you’d be knocking one out

That's the thanks I get. I was possibly the only person on here that said Eriksen wasn't quite orgasmic enough against Villa for you to stick to your promise and never post again.

I didn't compare this to Newcastle, I compared your reaction to this and Newcastle, because you said exactly the same then, coincidence that they are the last two games Eriksen hasn't started....hmmm...

Decent performance so far. I honestly think Poch is onto something with the diamond, it just needs some tweaking. Our 4-2-3-1 is finished, we need something new.

On a side note, what a bunch of whiney, snide cunts Leicester are. (Including their fans) Schmeichel, Maddison and Vardy in particular, spend half the game bitching and moaning and trying to con the ref. The way Maddison blatantly tried to get Sissoko sent off was shameful.

Lamela absolutely bossed it that half. Take a bow.
InexperiencedElaborateAlpaca-size_restricted.gif

Decent performance so far. I honestly think Poch is onto something with the diamond, it just needs some tweaking. Our 4-2-3-1 is finished, we need something new.

On a side note, what a bunch of whiney, snide cunts Leicester are. (Including their fans) Schmeichel, Maddison and Vardy in particular, spend half the game bitching and moaning and trying to con the ref. The way Maddison blatantly tried to get Sissoko sent off was shameful.
It’s more of a 4-3-1-2 with Sissoko and a Ndombele supporting the wide spaces and Winks in the middle of them with Lamela in as the 10. It’s more even defensively.

For the 3rd game running in the PL, lamela is finding great space between the lines.

I just want us to be more clinical with those opportunities. Harry has scored 1 good goal, but had 2 easier chances which he has hit the keeper with. Need to score another maybe a 3rd, defensively look like we have a goal against us.

Need to maintain the tempo second half but I am genuinely concerned about Sissoko and having him risk a second yellow. No doubt Leicester (Maddison in particular) will play on that fact. Poch needs to consider substituting him half time or around the hour mark.
Thoroughly enjoyable 45 minutes, just need each team to score one goal second half (Spurs win 2-1) and my 10/1 double is 50% there, luvvly jubbly. :thumbup:

I'm not going to say anything about anyone who is not on the pitch and how things might have been had they played. Let's accept the team as it is and assess the overall performance after 90 minutes. ...but so far I am impressed, particularly with Lamela and Harry looks hungry again.

That's the thanks I get. I was possibly the only person on here that said Eriksen wasn't quite orgasmic enough against Villa for you to stick to your promise and never post again.

I didn't compare this to Newcastle, I compared your reaction to this and Newcastle, because you said exactly the same then, coincidence that they are the last two games Eriksen hasn't started....hmmm...

I’m too elated to argue today.

A brilliant half, and the manager has shown some major bollocks today. Love it.

If anyone thinks we haven’t created much and are longing for certain others to be playing, then that’s their loss.

This is the Spurs I’ve missed and longed for.
Hoping for a repeat 45, and I’ll be made.

Aggressive again and not surprised by the chances.

Defensively, the break is on. Scared on that front.

Ndombele has been more assertive, which is what we all wanted.

It's an interesting shape, a 433 of sorts. Not really the diamond we were playing as Sissoko and Winks are more central and Ndombele is on the left.

People will find something negative to say about Lamela, but I want this Lamela every day. Tenacious and finds a pass. Kane should have given him an assist shortly after the first.

We will try to suck the life out of the game I have a feeling, but we are willing to give a goal away, which I hope doesn't happen. We need the confidence a clean sheet brings.

Why was lloris benched?

Back
Top Bottom