Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a big game and not just because of the disappointing draw last night.
Leicester are a good side, if a bit unpredictable - I was surprised they came from Old Trafford without at least a point last week.
Tielemans and Maddison are both players to keep an eye on.
Wouldn’t be surprised if this was another draw here, any sort of win would be welcome.

To be fair, Aurier played a lot this summer, was injured and just played 90 minutes for us for the first time this year. I'm wondering if the hope/plan was that KWP would be ready to play after his injury and when assessed before the game just showed he couldn't go 90. Not sure, but I don't think it's that puzzling.

Leciester is huge though, I'm certain Aurier will play. Then maybe KWP back to get some minutes in the League Cup game.

I get that but when we have to play Sanchez at RB in a game that could have really set us up nicely in Europe I can't see how he can justify leaving Aurier at home, as well as Rose especially with Sessegnon being ruled out. Poch will have his reasons but he does love a full back rotation, always has done.

I really rate Leicester at the moment. I would be happy with a draw.

I dunno about that. Took 6 points from the last year - played without Kane for both games
. They don’t have Maguire anymore and they were absolutely muck last week,

I think we’ll start fast and strong, especially after last night. Would love son and Lucas on either side of Kane but don’t think poch will go for that, he’ll want craft over guile so I expect dele/Eriksen to start.

I dunno about that. Took 6 points from the last year - played without Kane for both games
. They don’t have Maguire anymore and they were absolutely muck last week,

I think we’ll start fast and strong, especially after last night. Would love son and Lucas on either side of Kane but don’t think poch will go for that, he’ll want craft over guile so I expect dele/Eriksen to start.
My current Spurs survival technique is to lower my expectations back to the year 2000.

I completely forgot he exists
He either needs to stay fit & play more & at a decent level or it may be time to sell him next summer. His career has stalled. Handy squad player when fit. But you would think he will want to be playing a lot more when he is fit.

----------------Lloris--------------
Aurier---Toby-----Jan---Davies
----------------Skipp--------------
-------Winks--------Sissoko-----
Lucas--------------------------Son
----------------Kane---------------

This is going to be a tough, tough game. Proper pace needed.

A draw away to Leicester a few days after an away CL game isn't a bad result. Tough place to go.

What if we win on sat? Are we brilliant again? There’s too much opinion out there. 24/7 sporting coverage and punditry is the issue. Someone always has be in crisis!

Back
Top Bottom