Leicester away, Saturday 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Walkers been good so far. I like trippier but saying he should replace Walker isn't based on the two league games

Funny thing is, it sounded like Walker was fucked. We should be glad that isn't apparently the case

Another game where Walker played alright (against Stoke), got hung out to dry by Lamela not helping him out one bit and people call for Trippier again. I don't get it.
I thought he was MoM against Stoke for his performance from being targeted. My justification is to accommodate The Ninja's speed with the long balls from the back, the accuracy of Trippier's passing rivals Toby's. I'd like to try it a little more to see what we can make of it.

Would go with this myself:

RC4YwJC.png

I can't really call this game, if we control the tempo we will win. But if we play the game at Leicester's pace we will struggle. That's what happened last Christmas & we were so so lucky to survive and win.

Vardy is immense for them, always impressive and should have been a target for bigger clubs this summer, weird they kept him

I thought he was MoM against Stoke for his performance from being targeted. My justification is to accommodate The Ninja's speed with the long balls from the back, the accuracy of Trippier's passing rivals Toby's. I'd like to try it a little more to see what we can make of it.

MotM to being dropped. Sorry mate I'm scratching my head at that one. Vardy and Mahrez are quick so Walker in defence is vital for this one.

Only defensive change I would consider for this game, as I've said previous, is Rose back in. Keep the CBs and let them develop a partnership, Walker hasn't put a foot wrong. Davies has been solid, great assist against Stoke and if he started again this week I would have no issues with that either.

Lets just be thankful we haven't got a CB playing RB and a RB playing LB for a change and that we have defenders in their correct positions.

How many dangerous crosses did Walker put into the box in the past two games? Davies has been a more attacking threat, and I think that says quite a lot.

I don't rate Walker. He's not done a huge amount wrong, but he's not been as great as people make out either. He still can't cross for shit, still as thick as a donkey. No matter how much he trains he will never have football intelligence.

I think, like Manchester Utd away, I'm going to have a spare for this. Will confirm next day or two but just wanted to let anyone know if they are on the lookout to watch Spurs lose this weekend :)

Another game where Walker played alright (against Stoke), got hung out to dry by Lamela not helping him out one bit and people call for Trippier again. I don't get it.

He has played well and it seems Trippier has had the Davies effect we wanted, one thing though I have said a trillion times this formation only works when the full backs get forward and join in. So as its Dembele or worse playing right wing it's essential Walker keeps getting forward as we know pace scarce among that front 4.

He has played well and it seems Trippier has had the Davies effect we wanted, one thing though I have said a trillion times this formation only works when the full backs get forward and join in. So as its Dembele or worse playing right wing it's essential Walker keeps getting forward as we know pace scarce among that front 4.

Just seems like its fashionable to use Walker as a weak link when in reality that just hasn't been true. He had a dip last season after returning from injury but this is a full back who won YPOTY a couple of seasons back ffs.

Knowing my luck he'll fuck up this weekend and you'll get the 'I told you so' messages.

How many dangerous crosses did Walker put into the box in the past two games? Davies has been a more attacking threat, and I think that says quite a lot.

I don't rate Walker. He's not done a huge amount wrong, but he's not been as great as people make out either. He still can't cross for shit, still as thick as a donkey. No matter how much he trains he will never have football intelligence.
Agreed. Even though he's looked solid defensively lately, that's not enough in a system where the width is provided by the wide defenders.

Hi all

Leicester fan in peace, hope you don't mind me posting.

So Saturday sees our toughest test so far this season and it will be a real indicator of just how far we've progressed. After you doing the double over us last season (league) you have every right to be confident of beating us again.

Our own fans are quite confident of a result on the back of last seasons 'great escape' and the positive manner we've started this campaign. I think most Leicester fans recognise that Spurs have far more talented players but maybe the one area we have a chance is our superior effort and maybe pace.

I think we could see a high scoring game with an inevitable Harry Kane goal. My score prediction is 3-2 City but could quite easily be the other way round.

If you need any info on pubs to drink in prematch feel free to ask

Hi all

Leicester fan in peace, hope you don't mind me posting.

So Saturday sees our toughest test so far this season and it will be a real indicator of just how far we've progressed. After you doing the double over us last season (league) you have every right to be confident of beating us again.

Our own fans are quite confident of a result on the back of last seasons 'great escape' and the positive manner we've started this campaign. I think most Leicester fans recognise that Spurs have far more talented players but maybe the one area we have a chance is our superior effort and maybe pace.

I think we could see a high scoring game with an inevitable Harry Kane goal. My score prediction is 3-2 City but could quite easily be the other way round.

If you need any info on pubs to drink in prematch feel free to ask

Thanks for stopping by.

It will be my first time in Leicester this weekend (for any reason, not just for the football!). Any shouts on away pubs would be handy.

I personally think we will concede at least once, given Mahrez, Vardy, Schlupp, etc. are the type of players we struggle against. Therefore, the result will depend on whether Kane is still knackered and if Eriksen is able to perform as he did pre-Christmas last year.

1-1; Vardy, Chadli

Thanks for stopping by.

It will be my first time in Leicester this weekend (for any reason, not just for the football!). Any shouts on away pubs would be handy.

I personally think we will concede at least once, given Mahrez, Vardy, Schlupp, etc. are the type of players we struggle against. Therefore, the result will depend on whether Kane is still knackered and if Eriksen is able to perform as he did pre-Christmas last year.

1-1; Vardy, Chadli
Shit hole mate you will be glad to get away

Thanks for stopping by.

1-1; Vardy, Chadli
I'd recommend the Counting House. Away fan friendly, will have any early kick offs on tv and 5 mins walk from the ground

Back
Top Bottom