Leicester away, Saturday 3 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was getting old 4 weeks ago when thats all people wanted to do....whats changed in a week?

Oh..thats right, 1pt from 6 has got people a bit less erm, chilled.

I dont feel good about the poor performances. I dont feel vindicated either. We´ve actually played well at times in these games which surprised me. However, I did expect to see the same mistakes repeated seeing as we only added a CB to our fist 11.

I dont know why people expected us to have improved due to experience etc etc....it was a nonsense notion, its been well and truely bukkaked, and now those people want signings they were not bothered about just 7 days ago.

So no, I dont feel better, I feel just the same way I did 2 weeks ago when I knew the way the opening games were going to pan out.

My mindset is to look at what I think went wrong and why. I dont need to pretend we are going to spank Leicester 4-0 and go on a 15 game winning run to make my weekend better.
If you feel like an inferior fan because you are not that bothered by yesterday, then that is something you alone need to deal with. No need to project your bullshit onto me.
I act as I see fit. I dont give a toss in whatever pyscho analytical bullshit way anyone else takes it.

Super supporter sammy spurs takes it real serious guys!!!

Scored a ticket thanks to the mighty YidoBuckler YidoBuckler . Looking forward to drinking beer, singing loudly and generally having a laugh regardless of whether we win, lose or draw.

You should try it sometime Sammy, might cheer you up a bit?!

Oh! Look! You've been to WHL!

It's an away game, but thanks for paying attention.

:kaneshh:

All i'm saying is that maybe you should try and experience the other side of supporting Tottenham instead of just sitting behind your keyboard venting bile whilst waiting for a stream to buffer. It might give you another perspective about what "supporting" your team is all about.

Your such a top top supporter for taking it so seriously though, us fair weather supporters who don't get as wound up spending endless hours on here telling everyone else how wrong they are haven't got a clue.

triffic triffic supporter.

Dont worry, the team will do that far more effectively, then see much the cunt enjoys his day out

:troll:

No need to reach for the C bomb is there.

It's an away game, but thanks for paying attention.

:kaneshh:

All i'm saying is that maybe you should try and experience the other side of supporting Tottenham instead of just sitting behind your keyboard venting bile whilst waiting for a stream to buffer. It might give you another perspective about what "supporting" your team is all about.

Your such a top top supporter for taking it so seriously though, us fair weather supporters who don't get as wound up spending endless hours on here telling everyone else how wrong they are haven't got a clue.

No need to reach for the C bomb is there.

To be fair I do believe dear old Samuel used to attend games before he moved abroad. He is a passionate fan even from a distance and a lot of what he says is true. I totally get how people get wound up though, but this isn't the time or place to discuss it....

We can slag him off over a beer instead:adegrin2:

Last edited:
To be fair I do believe deal old Samuel used to attend games before he moved abroad. He is a passionate fan even from a distance and a lot of what he says is true. I totally get how people get wound up though, but this isn't the time or place to discuss it....

We can slag him off over a beer instead:adegrin2:

To be fair he brought his persistent grumbling in here, but i applaud your mediation.

I CALL A TRUCE!

web-xmas-truce-1-ap.jpg

I live abroad and dont get home so often....Ive said this the last 15 times some mug runs out of arguments, so falls back on the "Ive been to more games than you" tip.

How many games have I been to, and when was the last since you seem to know whats good for me.

Im comfortable with my support levels. Put in my time at the Lane week in week out and spent money for nearly 15 years from 1988, aged 11, up to 2001 when I moved abroad. When I got the crest tattood instead..hard times.

Since then Ive still been to WHL about 60 times. You think its a put down cos thats all you got.

Pricks acting like they would fly home every week, then trying to tell me I take it too seriously. Fucking idiot.

I live abroad and dont get home so often....Ive said this the last 15 times some mug runs out of arguments, so falls back on the "Ive been to more games than you" tip.

How many games have I been to, and when was the last since you seem to know whats good for me.

Im comfortable with my support levels. Put in my time at the Lane week in week out and spent money for nearly 15 years from 1988, aged 11, up to 2001 when I moved abroad. When I got the crest tattood instead..hard times.

Since then Ive still been to WHL about 60 times. You think its a put down cos thats all you got.

Pricks acting like they would fly home every week, then trying to tell me I take it too seriously. Fucking idiot.

You've made your presumptions on here before, just like everyone else, so dont get all holier than thou.

Don't think anyone at the back had a bad enough a game to be subbed for this one, Leicester have very dangerous wingmen, but no assurances that either Rose or Trippier will do a better job defensively.

Likewise Dier had his best game in the middle last saturday and Bentaleb did nothing to deserve displacing Mason when he came on. Dembele has looked like a new player on the ball this season, seems silly to drop him whilst he's up for it as i guarantee he will start to look jaded in about 3 games time.

So an unchanged starting 11 with Ali and Clinton as the impact subs.

Once this club had a tradition of swashbuckling bravado ,
It wasn't just about winning but thrilling entertainment.
( maybe our neo global happy brigade are not aware )
Today we see another failed attempt which will achieve nothing .
The players will never be of the quality to benefit from this bland crap on show .
With a squad constantly vandalised by the people above , this will be another
cheapo punt that ends fruitless . Net spend will always leave us in the poor seats .
The system is rigid and does not allow individual expression. Creativity becomes
suppressed .
As Sammy said , we will be shit to watch,
win a few , loose a few ,
Play ok for a bit , play crap for a bit
Same old , nothing changes .
When were we swashbuckling the 60's.
Surely you remember the shit we served up in the 70's?
Truth is mate we were never a league team. Always a cup team, in my time. Always seen as a soft touch.
Luckily I was about in the 80's . But the highest we ever finished in my time was 3rd a few times. However, that was pre Sky CL and money backed teams. So, if we were so big maybe we should have won the league, like Notts Forest, Derby or Villa did. We were the biggest team in London.
We have finished in the top 5 12 times since I have been going. 5 of those when it is considerably harder and under the current owners.
Cunt this lot as much as you want, But don't pretend before they came we were so, so much better.

When were we swashbuckling the 60's.
Surely you remember the shit we served up in the 70's?
Truth is mate we were never a league team. Always a cup team, in my time. Always seen as a soft touch.
Luckily I was about in the 80's . But the highest we ever finished in my time was 3rd a few times. However, that was pre Sky CL and money backed teams. So, if we were so big maybe we should have won the league, like Notts Forest, Derby or Villa did. We were the biggest team in London.
We have finished in the top 5 12 times since I have been going. 5 of those when it is considerably harder and under the current owners.
Cunt this lot as much as you want, But don't pretend before they came we were so, so much better.

Hard not to agree with all of that... we are, and always have been (apart from twice) a Cup team!

Roll on 'The Fucking Gooner-Loving Emirates Cup' in January!!

Hard not to agree with all of that... we are, and always have been (apart from twice) a Cup team!

Roll on 'The Fucking Gooner-Loving Emirates Cup' in January!!
What I mean is support Spurs and stop pretending we were something we have not been. Aston Villa have won the league more times and more recently than we have. They have also won the FA cup once less than us and a won a European cup.
We are going in the correct direction imv. ENIC may be cunts but that negative net spend over the last 4 yearshas not done us bad.
All the other teams in the net spend table have out spent us, yet we have consistently finished above them all, bar last years top 4 in those 4 years. Spam have spent the 6th most ffs.
We could have spent like those, it may or may not have got us top 4. Probably not. Yet the money has been invested in the future of the club imo. In a SOA academy/Training centre. A place where players will want to come to work and top world clubs want to use, and a Stadium.
The climate is much harder today to finish top 4, ask Liverpool. They have won one Legaue Cup in last 10 yrs. Yet they have more right to stake a claim at the top table than we do. They realise to compete they must increase capacity and they have a love in with SKY and a massive fan base.
Get behind the team.
I wish most of our fans would drop this sense of entitlement, realise our place at this moment, accept what we are trying to achieve and get behind the team.
Not just when we are playing well/winning.

Back
Top Bottom