***** Leeds United v Spursingham Hotshots -Sunday 28th of Hell ,16:30 *******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you like pina coladas ?

• Scrabble > monopoly

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Argon inert gas

Votes: 39 54.2%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 22 30.6%

• Total voters
He is an elite player. For the club to keep elite players you must have a plan to keep yourself at an elite level.

Yes Kane shares some blame for buying into First Mourinho and then Conte (especially the former) but the club are primarily culpable for deviating way from what made them good.

As soon as he signed that six year deal in 2018, it should have been used as a cushion to start rebuilding the team around him. I’m not even talking from hindsight here.

Instead they were stagnant for a year and have been chasing our tails ever since trying to catch up.

The way I see it, the club wasted 4 years of his career. He owes them nothing. And it serves Levy just right. Kane staying will only reward his incompetence.

And yes I’m using “they” and “the club” because I feel so detached from the whole thing. Can’t stand the owners and so many of these players are not of the standard required, especially that fraudulent leaders group.
I don't get this bit. What was he supposed to do? Refuse to play cos he didn't like their styles?

Fact is with both Jose and Conte people were excited in the beginning. It was seen as Spurs making a point of going for success. Kane would have been all for it I imagine.

I don't buy this narrative of Kane has wasted his career. He's a record breaker many times over. He's got to play for a club where everyone loves him. He's be paid handsomely for it too.

He deserves medals but he's part of the team that didn't achieve them. Some blame falls on him too.

We should only care about what is best for Spurs. Some think it's to keep him another season and some think we need the money he'll bring. I'm ok with those reasons.

What I'm not ok with is 'we have to let him go. We've ruined his career. He deserves what other clubs can give him' etc. That's a terrible stance.

I am -

(a) chuffed that Harry Kane played so well against Leeds and relieved that Spurs have avoided any variant of European footy next season - I think we need a year off that stuff;

(b) pleased that Villa have got back into Europe and well pleased that Brighton, who have been good all season, have got into Europe;

(c) slightly miffed that Everton escaped, but not that bovvered really;

(d) worried that Kane will now leave;

(e) concerned that next season Spurs might be bottom half fodder.

I don't get this bit. What was he supposed to do? Refuse to play cos he didn't like their styles?

Fact is with both Jose and Conte people were excited in the beginning. It was seen as Spurs making a point of going for success. Kane would have been all for it I imagine.

I don't buy this narrative of Kane has wasted his career. He's a record breaker many times over. He's got to play for a club where everyone loves him. He's be paid handsomely for it too.

He deserves medals but he's part of the team that didn't achieve them. Some blame falls on him too.

We should only care about what is best for Spurs. Some think it's to keep him another season and some think we need the money he'll bring. I'm ok with those reasons.

What I'm not ok with is 'we have to let him go. We've ruined his career. He deserves what other clubs can give him' etc. That's a terrible stance.
Because he also bought into the “proven winner” theory. His opinion would surely have been considered.

I was fully against Mourinho but admittedly for Conte.

We should let him go because we can’t risk him leaving on a free and it’s funds that can be recycled back into the squad IF we had a competent recruitment structure. Levy lacks the balls and ability though to do this.

It should have never come to this, but hanging on to Kane for dear life whilst everything else about THE TEAM gets worse and worse is completely irrational.

Because he also bought into the “proven winner” theory. His opinion would surely have been considered.

I was fully against Mourinho but admittedly for Conte.

We should let him go because we can’t risk him leaving on a free and it’s funds that can be recycled back into the squad IF we had a competent recruitment structure. Levy lacks the balls and ability though to do this.

It should have never come to this, but hanging on to Kane for dear life whilst everything else about THE TEAM gets worse and worse is completely irrational.
So if there's no confidence the money will be spent wisely, why sell him?

Surely we'd be better off keeping him to help us next season. We know what he'll bring to us.

He may well choose to go but if I was Spurs I'd be telling him he can only go abroad this summer.

Our away fans are bloody brilliant 👏

Our away fans are bloody brilliant 👏
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by Laff

And I got home fairly sober.. Good day out. Spurs fans were brilliant.

Few reasons

A personal dislike of his character
Showing a lack of respect for his position with the whole secret meetings debacle when he was England manager
The fact he got the England job in the first place (not really on him I know, but see point No.1)
Blames his failures on others
His turgid football

Maybe I'm what they call a hater..so be it

Few reasons

A personal dislike of his character
Showing a lack of respect for his position with the whole secret meetings debacle when he was England manager
The fact he got the England job in the first place (not really on him I know, but see point No.1)
Blames his failures on others
His turgid football

Maybe I'm what they call a hater..so be it
not a classic description of a "despicable" character, if I'm honest

It's good to bear in mind no matter how much they hate Levy or think he's a bad chairman, he's no where near the worst
Although he makes bad decisions, he actually is interested in what happens to the club. I would even say he loves the club.

Hi Spurs fans

I'm getting the vibe that most fans are pleased to avoid the Conference League for next season.
It was a great atmosphere at Villa Park yesterday and highly fought win against a very, very good Brighton side and everybody was over the moon when the final whistle went.

From our perspective, we are happy with any European football to be honest. Especially after being out of European competitions for over a decade, including the 3 years in the Championship and numerous relegation battles before we finally went down. It feels like a huge step forward.

Realistically, we can't expect Spurs or Chelsea to finish below us next season, so when the opportunity arose, we had to seize it. I just hope that the League form doesn't suffer.

Have a great Summer all and see you next season.

Hi Spurs fans

I'm getting the vibe that most fans are pleased to avoid the Conference League for next season.
It was a great atmosphere at Villa Park yesterday and highly fought win against a very, very good Brighton side and everybody was over the moon when the final whistle went.

From our perspective, we are happy with any European football to be honest. Especially after being out of European competitions for over a decade, including the 3 years in the Championship and numerous relegation battles before we finally went down. It feels like a huge step forward.

Realistically, we can't expect Spurs or Chelsea to finish below us next season, so when the opportunity arose, we had to seize it. I just hope that the League form doesn't suffer.

Have a great Summer all and see you next season.

Enjoy..... I'd rather be in Europe than not.

......Was looking forward to renewing our rivalry with Honka Espoo too. :(

Back
Top Bottom