Least favourite seasons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But every one of us thought we'd signed Ronaldo in his first game for us when he took that cross field ball still about a metre in the air on the inside of his heel and put it straight across Defoe.

I remember Defoe's face was a picture... "The fuck bro? We don't play them mad skills here you know".
You (or anybody) got a gif or vid of that?

You (or anybody) got a gif or vid of that?
Tried looking for one and all I found was this:

Be careful though, whoever made it hasn't heard of epilepsy. I think there may have been some subliminal programming in there too, I feel like I want to assassinate a pie shop owner after watching it.

For me, this season has been my least favourite ever. I remember some pretty terrible seasons, but this one is it for me because firstly it has been embarrassing lots of times. Lots. And that alone isn't new, but what's new is that we haven't made up for it in other games. Generally our style of play has been so un-Tottenham and that offends me. I can take losing. I can take getting slaughtered. I can take all those silly defensive errors and stupid managerial decisions. I can even get over losing to Woolwich three times. But at least play attacking football that makes us feel, for a few moments in a game at least, like we can hold our own (even if it proves false come the final whistle).
The other thing for me is that my life's been pretty shit the last year and I've been relying on Tottenham to cheer me up and they haven't. When we were shit under Sugar and I was at school getting the piss taking out of me for losing to Woolwich, it didn't matter cause I had plenty of other good things to take my mind of it. This season I really needed Tottenham to shine. So this season absolutely...sucks. In my opinion.

Scored 2 on debut vs Pompey....I thought we had hit gold :(
He was awesome , Mido - the skills of a top player but the mindset of a hungry fatty that just got hold of the keys to the candy shop

He came as a 17 year old to my hometeam and never have i seen a player with that much god given talent. The stories about him as a party animal, stubborn and so on are still doing the rounds. But he did do one thing that made me admire him, he could've left us for free but insisted on signing a contract without a % on the sell on fee so we could get money for him from Ajax. He did it out of respect ... To this day the manager of my hometeam has never encountered that, just dropped a cool 100 k out of respect.

We had a very shit team at the time but Mido on his own made us win a lot of games, he played attacker, winger and number 10 all on his own. Such a waste ...

Last edited:
This season has been my least fav. Never felt so deflated and wanted a season to end. yes i remember the days of the 90s finishing 7th but there were always bright spots and that hope and some cup runs.

this season just felt meh

He was awesome , Mido - the skills of a top player but the mindset of a hungry fatty that just got hold of the keys to the candy shop

He came as a 17 year old to my hometeam and never have i seen a player with that much god given talent. The stories about him as a party animal, stubborn and so on are still doing the rounds. But he did do one thing that made me admire him, he could've left us for free but insisted on signing a contract without a % on the sell on fee so we could get money for him from Ajax. He did it out of respect ... To this day the manager of my hometeam has never encountered that, just dropped a cool 100 k out of respect.

We had a very shit team at the time but Mido on his own made us win a lot of games, he played attacker, winger and number 10 all on his own. Such a waste ...

God Mido that takes me back, was a fans fav for quite a while, hard to dislike him. When you talk about how good Mido was it makes you relise the quality of players like Bale and Suarez that they stand head and shoulders above other star players.

I cant remember the season but Ossie was in charge and we had to go to Oldham and avoid defeat otherwise relegation was going to happen....93/94? That was the worst for me, as aside from one or two decent players we looked a really poor side. This season has not been great, but I see more positives at the club than 20 years ago...namely we could be bringing in a truely great manager in LVG, we have some great players like Lloris, Verts, Walker, Ade and Sandro and have some real talent starting to emerge with Eriksen, Chiriches and Chadli and more hope that Lamela will come good..........Of course it could go Spursy and when get the guy from Southampton who has taken them from lower mid table and higher mid table and Lloris and Verts decide to want champs league football.........

I cant remember the season but Ossie was in charge and we had to go to Oldham and avoid defeat otherwise relegation was going to happen....93/94? That was the worst for me, as aside from one or two decent players we looked a really poor side. This season has not been great, but I see more positives at the club than 20 years ago...namely we could be bringing in a truely great manager in LVG, we have some great players like Lloris, Verts, Walker, Ade and Sandro and have some real talent starting to emerge with Eriksen, Chiriches and Chadli and more hope that Lamela will come good..........Of course it could go Spursy and when get the guy from Southampton who has taken them from lower mid table and higher mid table and Lloris and Verts decide to want champs league football.........
I remember that Oldham game. some fat fucker rolled in the windswept grassless goalmouth after we scored,got smothered in mud n got nicked for it.

had travelled up for the same game when it cancelled. was on the m56 when we found out, so we drove across to sheffield, had a pint n came home. hell of a distance to irritate some students, have as pint n come home

I need to check my facts but I am sure the game against Oldham was played on a Thursday night or something? I was a student at the time but watched the game in a pub in Aylsebury, a mate lived there at the time and he had a hot female friend so a trip to Bucks was the right thing to do. I cant recall the pub but a few of us were watching the game and this little shit walks by and says the usual shit about Spurs/Jews/gas chambers.......I was seething and after a couple more beers, marched over to the little shits table where he is sat with two mates and offered all three of them outside....no takers so I gave them a choice, out with me now or when the final whislte goes I will come over and go with them in the pub...............I walked off and to my amazement they drank and left........i was shitting it thinking I had upped the ante and was not sure I could actually start a scrap in a pub.......so thank fuck they cleared off!!! lol!!! I had such a gob on me back then, any slight against Spurs was taken mega personally, i have mellowed a bit now, but some of the stuff I got away with.....I am certainly no tough guy or hard nut!!

The most recent one that comes to mind was the Lasagnagate season, no Europe, out of both cups at the first hurdle to fucking Grimsby and Leicester and that finish...fucking hell.

Back
Top Bottom