Least favourite seasons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just wondered if anyone has enjoyed a season less than this one?

Before anyone accuses me of being the spoilt, Champions league or nothing type supporter, I've been a fan since about 2000, and we were proper shite until around 2005 and I enjoyed those seasons much more than this.

For me a number of things have made this season my worst ever: A general feeling that football as we know it is dying/dead, the Lane becoming quieter and quieter, the Stubhub and Yid fiascos, a popular manager failing and being taken over by a twat, not particularly feeling any affection towards any player other than maybe Sandro and Dawson, losing spectacularly in London derbys even to bloody West Ham etc etc.

I just have felt nothing towards the club this season, and didn't even particularly give a shite during our heavy beatings, which is really worrying.

Anyone experienced a worse season than this?

yes, plenty.
My first shit one was 1987/8 - Hoddle had gone, Pleat got caught curb crawling, and although Venables came we were dire and we got knocked out the FA cup by port vale. The extent of my excitment was Paul Moran netting the winner in a 2-1 victory at Derby.
Then 1993-94, which started well but following injuries and the realisation that Osvaldo didn't have a scoobie - the team went into freefall, and the likes of Kevin Scott and Jason Dozell were strutting their stuff.
Basically the whole of the 90's from then on were fucking appalling made worse when that chilmo took over at the scum and immediately brought them success. We bought Chris Armstrong, they bought Dennis Bergkamp. They got Wenger, we got Gross.
So a good 10 years fisting, unlubed, battering ram, spursy fistings have prepared me for this year - had gaped my ass for what happened this year.

This is probably the worst for many years because i find myself knowing we are going to lose certain games, &, whats worse, not even really caring.

Someone had a pop at my attitude earlier in the season where i said that i am more interested in the 1882 games than Premier League matches - think i have been proved right!

this season is probably the first in ages that i dont even bother to change my plans to be able to fit in the Spurs games, and i'm not even too ashamed about it. Still saw about 80 % of the games but normally i only miss 1 or 2 a year.

And i was around for the 90's and early 2000's but never did it feel this empty, i even said the unforgivable a few weeks back ... it's only football.

Nope this is the worst one for me..

Even in the dark days I used to look forward to each game. But now I can't wait for the season to be over.. We've had 3 Saturday home games this season and that's a fucking joke..
Never felt so pissed off a spurs fan as I have this season..

Most of us have seen worse seasons results-wise, but i've never known such a disconnect between club and fans.
I'll be quite frank and admit I've been a Spurs supporter for just 5 years so far.
So call me spoiled or not, but this obviously has been the worst season for me personally.

(Though I do respect the fact that many of you probably have experienced even worse seasons.)

However, judging by the general view of fans new and old, I too feel that many of us can agree that there hasn't been such a disconnection b/w club 'n fans.

this season is probably the first in ages that i dont even bother to change my plans to be able to fit in the Spurs games, and i'm not even too ashamed about it. Still saw about 80 % of the games but normally i only miss 1 or 2 a year.........
Ditto ... how I feel.

I'm actually considering taking my summer football break right now and start again when the WC arrives ...

but i'll probably be sitting in front of the telly tonight hurling abuse at it, as if it was a two way communication device that can transmit my feelings to the lane.

1919 when we found out that we got relegated for no reason .. I remember saying to Papa, Lord Furbie of Fluffyshire, at luncheon that it was indeed a dark day in football

I completely agree with everyone saying that it feels like I just dont care when I know we are gonna lose.
Like in the Liverpool game and the City game where we conceded in 1-2 mins.
Its just the feeling of, well.. here we go again.

Theres only 3 games Ive somewhat enjoyed this year, the 2 Southampton wins and the 4-0 thrashing of Newcastle.
Oh and not losing to Man utd again for the 2nd season (in a row) was pretty nice.

overall having been a fan since 1990 I would say its def not the worst season in my time simply because at least we are in the top 7 and not bottom 7 which I can remember and im grateful we are at the right end.
that said though its not far off my least favourite, the expectations at the start of this year were very high being a regular top 5 team for a few years and with all the new signings things were looking bright. 3 things stand out for me this year, the manor in which we suffered many embarrassing hammerings by the teams around us who we were meant to be challenging with. secondly, the slow, flat and sometimes boring style of play has been hard to watch for me personally, which in turn I suppose has added to my 3rd disappointment which is how quiet home games have become, seems to be more arguing amongst the fans than supporting the team

Back
Top Bottom